DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

theory - hopper becoming a darkhound

Anajon

HI just reading about darkhounds on the WOTFAQ - thanks Jennifer for working on that - well done. Anyway as I was reading about wolf souls been harvested etc.. I thought one of the horrible how can this be - never saw it coming type - comments we have seen from the people who have read the book could be hopper becoming a darkhound and maybe even going after Perrin?

any comments?

I thought only balefire could kill darkhounds? Or would this change in T'R?

No, just the new kind. You can read more about that in Luckers's compilation on the Wild Hunt. Suffice it to say that Perrin felled a couple using his bow when Moiraine and co. escaped Sammael (TDR).

He took down one. And it isn´t certain that one wouldn´t of gotten up after a while (like the ones Rand beheaded).

Of course, if Lan and Moiraine got away from the one in Illian, then those were probably the weaker versions.

it isn´t certain that one wouldn´t of gotten up after a while (like the ones Rand beheaded).

Those pulled a T-1000 the moment Rand sliced them in two. All Perrin did was to hit his with a few arrows, yet it remained still for some time. I'd say it's all but certain that it didn't rise again after that.

I thought only balefire could kill darkhounds? Or would this change in T'R?

No, just the new kind. You can read more about that in Luckers's compilation on the Wild Hunt. Suffice it to say that Perrin felled a couple using his bow when Moiraine and co. escaped Sammael (TDR).

This is why I am glad for this site. My memory is shocking and I need people to correct me and my memory at times. The sheer scope of this series floods my poor brain.

HI just reading about darkhounds on the WOTFAQ - thanks Jennifer for working on that - well done. Anyway as I was reading about wolf souls been harvested etc.. I thought one of the horrible how can this be - never saw it coming type - comments we have seen from the people who have read the book could be hopper becoming a darkhound and maybe even going after Perrin?

any comments?

I like the idea, it would be a good tactic to use against Perrin I think and judging that Hopper was introduced early on in T'A'R even after his death I think it does mark him as a minor character that could and probably will return. What I wouldnt mind seeing at all is that after Tarmon Gaidon Perrin and Hopper became Heroes of the Horn and also bound to each other in some way. Wolfking Aybara, wielding a hammer and dagger as he did in KoD, an ethereal wolf striding at his side; easily a cool enough image to be one of the Heroes. Mat does as well with his silver foxhead medallion and ashandarei, black broadrimmed hat and black scarf.

Turning a wolf into a Darkhound... could Perrin be vulnerable to that somehow?

Perrin would gladly kill him anyway if that became the case, he'd be doing hopper a favor and any other darkhound a favor too, freeing their souls.

no way he couldn't do it, he'd want to believe that hopper was still in there like some cheezy zombie/vampire movie sap.

I don't think so, because, Perrin still hasn't "lost" himself. He gets close, but not like the boy from the cage that he let out to run with the wolves.

I can't remember how exactly it went down, but when rand trys to use the traveling stone to move the group, Perrin and Mat were with him, and I remember Mat saying something along the lines of "I would never betray you Rand, you've got to believe me"... Now I can't remember what Perrin saw in that vision, but maybe it was a pre-curser to his up and coming future? It seems that Mat's could be with the Seanchan. Thoughts?

I don't think so, because, Perrin still hasn't "lost" himself. He gets close, but not like the boy from the cage that he let out to run with the wolves.

I can't remember how exactly it went down, but when rand trys to use the traveling stone to move the group, Perrin and Mat were with him, and I remember Mat saying something along the lines of "I would never betray you Rand, you've got to believe me"... Now I can't remember what Perrin saw in that vision, but maybe it was a pre-curser to his up and coming future? It seems that Mat's could be with the Seanchan. Thoughts?

Ive a theory that the Horn of Valere was made as a contingency plan for the Light, to summon the Heroes against the Dragon in the event of him being turned Dark, and that Mats ultimate role is to be prepared to summon the Heroes against Rand if it came to it. Not that I think it will come to that though, but I think thats one of the reasons that the Hornsounder is never the Dragon himself and that part you mention about Mat saying he would never betray Rand... I think its possible that the Hornsounders true role will have been mentioned, that Mat was supposed to be prepared to turn on Rand, Mat then saying "I would never betray you Rand, you've got to believe me..."

Still remains to be seen though, but yeah, I think that could have been foreshadowing that the Pattern might actually intend for Mat to lead the Heroes against Rand in the event of the Shadow having control of the Fisher King. RJ said in an interview that the Heroes fighting the Dragon would result in a rift in the Pattern, I take that to mean that it would destroy Rands connection to the Pattern, thus making him a normal man, easier to kill, and then the Light would be able to get him back onside either by blowing the Horn again and he is summoned, or via the natural rebirth system

Ive a theory that the Horn of Valere was made as a contingency plan for the Light, to summon the Heroes against the Dragon in the event of him being turned Dark, and that Mats ultimate role is to be prepared to summon the Heroes against Rand if it came to it. Not that I think it will come to that though, but I think thats one of the reasons that the Hornsounder is never the Dragon himself and that part you mention about Mat saying he would never betray Rand... I think its possible that the Hornsounders true role will have been mentioned, that Mat was supposed to be prepared to turn on Rand, Mat then saying "I would never betray you Rand, you've got to believe me..."

Still remains to be seen though, but yeah, I think that could have been foreshadowing that the Pattern might actually intend for Mat to lead the Heroes against Rand in the event of the Shadow having control of the Fisher King. RJ said in an interview that the Heroes fighting the Dragon would result in a rift in the Pattern, I take that to mean that it would destroy Rands connection to the Pattern, thus making him a normal man, easier to kill, and then the Light would be able to get him back onside either by blowing the Horn again and he is summoned, or via the natural rebirth system

What, they are all going to sit there and wait for the new dragon to grow up and say, "FINALLY HE SHOWS UP! WHAT WERE WE DOING AGAIN? OH I REMEMBER!" *Perrin slices off a Trollocs head*

What, they are all going to sit there and wait for the new dragon to grow up and say, "FINALLY HE SHOWS UP! WHAT WERE WE DOING AGAIN? OH I REMEMBER!" *Perrin slices off a Trollocs head*

Well arent you the smartarse. The Last Battle ends when Rand dies, so when hes reborn he will be with the Light again. After he dies sorting everything out is anyones job

Archived