DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ToM Cover - Mat and Thom and ....

Kestrel

So who is the third guy on the ToM cover? Mat is in the middle. One of the other two is Thom (I think Thom is the one drawing the triangle on the tower wall.) And then we have the mystery man - guy #3.

Guy #3 has grey or greying hair, a blue coat, and is carrying a wooden staff with some kind of a hook on top.

I'm clueless about who guy #3 is. Any ideas?

So who is the third guy on the ToM cover? Mat is in the middle. One of the other two is Thom (I think Thom is the one drawing the triangle on the tower wall.) And then we have the mystery man - guy #3.

Guy #3 has grey or greying hair, a blue coat, and is carrying a wooden staff with some kind of a hook on top.

I'm clueless about who guy #3 is. Any ideas?

I think the general assumption is that Jain "Noal" Charin is the third man raiding 'finnland.

I think the general assumption is that Jain "Noal" Charin is the third man raiding 'finnland.

Yeah, he specifically volunteered himself in KoD, and Mat went with it. Considering the guy has been hanging with Mat since WH and not doing much besides entertaining people with crazy stories, it's safe to say Mat isn't likely to change his mind. He wasn't added to the cast that late for no reason, and if the guy doesn't do something soon, he never will.

And it looks like he's carrying Moiraine's staff from the cover of TEotW. The one that was incinerated (as I recall) when she sealed the Waygate near Fal Dara. Hey, if Gandalf gets a new staff upon his resurrection, so can Moiraine, I guess.

-- dwn

The first released preliminary version of the cover had the people depicted in a way that you could assume that one was Mat, even though his spear was different, and that was about it. We knew Thom had to be one of them, and the other could have easily been just about anyone. It could have been Luca from that. Unfortunately the guy kept saying it was Luca even after the updated and more accurate version of the cover was released, which is not really all that believable.

Archived