DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Soul Reaver

soccerscott

• Community Administrator

Remake it! Same game, new graphics, updated engine. That is all.

I'd Pefer Blood Omen over Soul Reaver any day of the week.

Afterall, Kain > Raziel, Raziel is nothing more than Kain's Sword!

Speaking of which, blame tomb raider for no more Legacy of Kain, games.

They released Defiance at the same time as a tomb raider game, and couldn't figure out why Defiance sold so poorly in comparison.

(Thats like releaseing a tom clancy game at the same time as call of duty, battlefield, or metal gear. ;))

• Community Administrator

I liked soul reaver I guess because I have that tweak of need for revenge in me...ya know? And to caviat(sp) your point, I hadn't even known they released another one haha...I was too busy playing tomb raider =P

Well, The orginal game is Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, Followed by Soul Reaver, Followed by Blood Omen 2 (Suckage, its... related but in a different time than the other kains, and might possibly be the sequel to defiance) Followed by Soul Reaver 2, With Defiance being the 'end' of the series, and the sequel to both blood omen 1, and Soul reavers 1 & 2.

(btw, Defiance was Awesome, in that, if you liked soul reaver, or blood omen (1 or 2) you'll like defiance.)

Unfortunately even with Defiance being the last game, it didn't really 'end'.

Sad part is, the voice actor who played the Elder God (I think thats his name, he's the deep voiced guy your alwasy talking to in soul reaver) died, as well as some of the other key voice actors.

From my understanding though, half the Kain team is on the Tomb Raider games, and the other Half has been working on Uncharted Series.

;)

Archived