DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Returning FL bio for Xandrea Raylin (Drea) - Admin Approved

Mystica

Name: Xandrea Raylin (Drea)

Org: Band of the Red Hand/Freelanders?

Description: Xandrea is an average woman. She doesn’t consider herself overly beautiful

but by common description, she is. She has pencil straight black hair that reaches just

below her shoulders and commonly wears it down, tucking it behind her ears if it gets in

the way. She is slender with little height, approximately 5’5”- 5’7”.

Impulsive. Passionate. Infuriating. Loyal. Wild. Drea is a free spirit, and

appropriately enough, a series of contradictions. One’s thing’s always true -- she lives life

and she lives it hard. Drea tends to think with her heart rather than her head. But it’s that

heart -- bursting with energy and unpredictability – that gets her into trouble.

History

Drea grew up in Fal Dara, youngest of three children and only girl to a blacksmith and

seamstress. Because both her parents were busy with business, her two older brothers,

Kimal and Ethen, raised her. Being older brothers, they mostly picked on their younger

sister, forcing her to learn how to fend for herself. She developed stealth and basic

swordsmanship. On her 16th nameday, Kimal left to join the Sheinaran army but before

he left, he gave her two hand-made daggers. Two years later, Ethen left Fal Dara as

well, leaving only a note for Drea in her bedroom saying he loved her and was sorry for

leaving. There was no destination. After a year plus of being gone, Kimal surprised his

family by taking a short leave from the Sheinaran army.

"I wish I could do something with my life like you have, Kimal." Drea confessed to her

older brother.

"You can. I've heard stories of a mercenary army meeting south of Tar Valon. They call

themselves The Band of the Red Hand. There are great stories being spread about them.

Put your skills to work, Sister. Start your own adventures..."

Adventures indeed. Drea joined the band as a scout. The skills her brothers taught

her came in handy and she was quickly promoted. To her surprise, Ethen and Kimal

both joined the band, deciding together to be with their sister. When she was a Banner

Captain, she met and fell in love with a man, Jaem Caran, Captain General of the

Cavalry. Soon after meeting him, she found herself promoted to Captain General as

well as with child. Five months into her pregnancy, Drea's stress levels rose and she

gave birth to a still born baby boy, Mateo. With the loss of his son, Jaem set off and was

mysteriously killed. Drea sent herself into a spiral of depression and loneliness of losing

her son and lover within hours. Ethen and Kimal both went missing soon after.

After the battle with the Seanchan in Ebou Dar, Ehlana, the Commander went missing. A

search party was sent, but a body was never found. Cabroci, Drea's commanding officer,

was named Commander while she was named Under-Commander. Drea's depression was

fed by Cabroci's stubborn attitude and the fact that they had never gotten along. Their

relationship was described best as “Love Hate”: She hated to love him, and he loved to

hate her. They shared one kiss, and like every other man in her life, he was gone. Drea

was promoted to Commander and led the Band as a lonely, bitter woman.

That is, until one day when she decided to set out on her own in search for her

Commander, Cabroci. She was gone only a few days when ambushed by Seanchan and

taken prisoner. After being tortured and beaten brutally for not giving information out

about the Band, Drea miraculously managed to escape. She searched for the band by

night and hid during the day, and nearly a year after being kidnapped, Drea found herself

in the command tent with Mehrin, learning all she had missed since her disappearance.

Time went by in her new life with the Band. She was given the title of “Captain General

of the Scouts/Assistant to the Commander” not wanting to overthrow Mehrin from his

current and deserved position. To Drea’s surprise she and Mehrin grew quite close as

well as to Mehrin’s daughter, Renalie, whom Drea learned to love like her own daughter.

This helped fill the gap of her son.

Renalie was kidnapped in the middle of the night by a man, a darkfriend named Ayrik,

who also turned out to be Mehrin’s brother. Distraught with their loss and determined to

find Renalie alive, Mehrin and Drea set out together in search of their little girl. The two

eventually made their way to Fal Dara, Drea’s birth place and decided to stay with her

parents for a few days. Drea’s homecoming was bittersweet. She hadn’t been home in

years and logically her parents aged more than she had expected. Ayrik ended up finding

them in the middle of the night, nearly killing Mehrin and Drea and brutally murdering

Drea’s parents. This act left Drea emotionally paralyzed and on their journey south, Drea

shut down and started drinking. The nightmares of her parent’s murder and the ghosts

from her past followed her everywhere. Some nights the ale only seemed to make it

worse. Eventually, Drea and Mehrin went their separate ways. She now travels aimlessly,

trying to find herself, only a glimmer of hope of someday returning to the Band and

another attempt at a normal life.

I'm not sure, this is a bio that Taymist handled and just passed on to me as the character no longer belongs to the Band. Given that Tay didn't raise any objections that I could see I didn't look into it too deeply.

Well spotted Elgee, I didn't even consider that to be honest but if she was 18/19 around the time time she first joined, then it would seem that yes, about 10 years has passed in the bio. I'm not sure about the age of the Band ICly but it may well be a longer period than the Book timeline since it was formed before Calder came onto the scene. Would need to check that with Quibby or Owen.

• 1 month later...

We've just been discussing this in Staff and you should be getting a copy of the email I sent this morning about it. I've copied Maglin on it so he can get up-to-date with the "story so far". The issue of the Band's age has been the hold up, added to having too many people involved probably and everyone thought everyone else was dealing with it. I do apologise Drea, thanks for being patient and hopefully it'll be resolved in the next couple of days. I'll get you added to the FL usergroup just as soon as Myst officially requests it.

I have replaced the first post with the new bio. As soon as it's ok'd by the admins, you're good to go, Drea.

From what i have read here, and my understanding of the band's history, i can't find anything out of place. As the new leader of the botrh, it falls on me to approve bios for my crew, from what i'm told. Assuming that Drea doesn't in fact go with the freelanders i will state that i approve this bio for use with the band.

actually, Maglin, Drea is submitting this bio to the FL. And because it is an old bio that is 're-'submitted, no CC'ing is necessary by other DL's. It only needs the admins' aproval. So I still need an admin to aprove this reviewed bio.

Just a fyi