DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

seamas gallagher new Rand pic

jwillis7

I think it is really hard for an artist to draw characters from a novel. Everyone has their own image of the characters, and most will be different to the artists impression. This Rand doesnt really fit my picture of him, however, the one with the bow just below the new one is more how i see Rand. The drawing itself is great, but just not how i see the characters.

I am not a math major, but it seems like Rand has one too many hands in this pic.

Yeah, 'cause every picture of Rand has to be depicting him at some time after the de-handing....

I mean, it's not like he ran around with two hands for almost his entire life (and most of the series) or anything.

I mean, it's not like he ran around with two hands for almost his entire life (and most of the series) or anything.

Technically, if he live his appointed years, he will spend most of his life (3/4 at least) one-handed :)

But I agree that he spent most of the serie proper with two hands. Just wanted to argue about nothing :D

The color of his eyes are wrong and he never wore a jacket like that. Also, why would he just be holding two balls of fire? Also, his belt buckle details are wrong. Also, his hair should be a little curlier than that. Also, his sword is on the wrong side. Also...

STFU. If you can draw better then lets see it. This guys renditions are freakin amazing and I'm pumped to see this level of excitement about a book series I have been reading for twenty years.

The guy who does the book vpcover art should be flogged. At this point, it's kind of a tradition that he does them now, but he doesn't capture the essence if the WoT like other artists do. I think the one good book cover is Path of Daggers, with Rand looking all commanding with his army behind him.

Archived