DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are YOUR outrigger novels?

cap10kirk

I just finished my reread of KOD. Samwil Hark, a minor character in the book just cracked me up. When Elayne presented him with a choice to go straight and work for her, my mind started to wonder... I started imagining Hark going on missions for the queen after The Last Battle. Of course, he would need a partner since my aged mother could kick his arse.

Her Majesty's Secret Service

The adventures of Charlz Guybon and Samwil Hark. They are given their instructions by Master Norry. I can see the stalwart Guybon gnashing his teeth trying to keep Hark on the straight and narrow. Naturally, the odd couple becomes best of friends. This comes after Hark, showing great character growth, pulls Guybon out of the fire and saves the day.

I know RJ was going to write an outrigger novel with Mat & Tuon. What is your outrigger novel? What characters, big or small, do you see in adventures? I apologize if this is an old topic.

I'd like to see something set with the Black Tower after Tarmon Gaidon, where Logain and Narishma are the main characters. Logain is the M'Hael, and Narishma is the battle commander and wields Callandor. Forty years after Tarmon Gaidon, it starts with Logain telling Narishma he has become Ta'veren, and the two decide to visit Shayol Ghul to see if anything has changed. It has. Fains broken free, after being banished by Narishma at the same time as Rand, both having "died" and been expelled from the Pattern in a single blow with Callandor. Fain wants revenge on Narishma not only for banishing him, but also for killing Rand, and when Logain and Narishma get back to the Black Tower, Callandor is gone...

I'd like to see something set with the Black Tower after Tarmon Gaidon, where Logain and Narishma are the main characters. Logain is the M'Hael, and Narishma is the battle commander and wields Callandor. Forty years after Tarmon Gaidon, it starts with Logain telling Narishma he has become Ta'veren, and the two decide to visit Shayol Ghul to see if anything has changed. It has. Fains broken free, after being banished by Narishma at the same time as Rand, both having "died" and been expelled from the Pattern in a single blow with Callandor. Fain wants revenge on Narishma not only for banishing him, but also for killing Rand, and when Logain and Narishma get back to the Black Tower, Callandor is gone...

Narishma is one of the characters that would be on my short list to be a hero in his on adventures. He has all the attributes. He's young and handsome. He's brash and powerful. More importantly, he's smart. He was able to retrieve Callandor, despite the other wards.

Send this to Brandon. He will write this.

Send this to Brandon. He will write this.

I hope that he writes the Mat & Tuon novel. Star Wars has many novels by a bunch of different authors. I've read some of them and they're very good. I know they have the advantage of consulting with George Lucus himself. However, RJ's genius lies in the fact that he has given us such a detailed WOT world, that capable authors can pick up the reins of the outrigger novels. I believe the WOT universe can go the rout of Star Wars. I know this is wishful thinking. I've been looking forward to the end of the series for 20 years, now that it's close... I truly believe that RJ purposely hinted at Seanchan & Shara to be explored in future novels.

I'm on my TGS reread. Currently reading Chapter 13 - An Offer and a Departure. Gawyn is pretty badass. I can see him in future adventures.

Bela and the Band of the Red Hoof ft Frank Stallone... vs Wesley Snipes and a packet of crayons

Fine, Plan B.

Either:

Two Rivers development or chars from there such as Wil

Logaine

Bodewhin Cauthon or another rising novice to get more of an insight into other aspects of becoming an AS not covered in NS

A char going to the Land of the Madmen and finding another highly developed kingdom inland similar to TV

Rebuilding Malkier

Something with Dobraine being well treated

Maybe one about the childhood of a mynadraal. oooomg that would be so funny :myrddraal:

Ahh, such a carefree life. Playing on swings and slides, setting up little soccer/football teams, kiss chasey with the girls, icecream for all. Then Rand comes along and deathgates the lot of them

I would like to see Rand & Aviendha's marriage ceremony. Rand would pick his BFFs, Mat & Perrin to help him fight the maidens. Although the fellas are all great fighters, they'd be loathe to strike the maidens. They would get their arses handed to them. If Rand could get Lan to help, they'd have better chance. I just read TGS: Chapter 26 and this popped in my head.

How about "Great Performances and Great Loves" by Valan Luca

It could be a series of short Novella's written from Valan's POV. In each story he falls in love with someone but always leaves them hoping to one day find his lost love "Nana". He also is always on the hunt for outfits that could top Mat Cauthon's. :mat:

I want The Adventures of Narg. A quiet and intelligent young Trolloc who wants nothing more than to pursue his love of music, but is forced by an accident of birth to be a merciless killing machine who feasts on the flesh of his enemies. A trip through a Waygate brings him to a lush and peaceful land without Myrdraal or Forsaken where he can finally be free and happy, but his dreams are cut short when his offers of friendship are misunderstood by a young shepard boy who then runs him through with a sword.

It's a tragic tale about how dreams of love and liberty are often crushed by the harsh realities of life.

Oliver!!!

Can you imagine, Oliver coming to Mat for advise about women? I can just see Mat without any hair and an eye patch, wise beyond his years. Oh, and Talmanes and Vanin. Oliver would travel all around (going to Shara) and finally helping Mat and Tuon reunite Seanchen continent. And later maybe marrying Mat's and Tuon's daughter and finally becoming Mat's son in truth (yes, I think that far ahead). I almost have the whole book in my head. Of course it all depends who will survive the LB. dry.gif

A story, set many centuries in the future, when Amyriln Egwene and Queen Elayne retire to the Kin, and have to give up their reigns of power and follow the Kin's Rule.

Even though I don't hate the two girls, I think it would be funny to see them taken down a peg there.

A story about the Shaido back in the Waste, to see how their future generations are reacting to Sevanna's ambition.

A story of Elaida as a damane. (this would be a short story, i am sure).

Something about the seafolk. perhaps even including the short story of the wedding of Lan and Nynaeve.

Love the first one. Hark would be awesome. I would like to see Olver as some kind of page during the Last Battle, helping Mat where he could and surviving some of the worst scenes. Then when it's all over, he decides not to stay with Mat (because he and Tuon are getting WWWAAAYYYYYY too comfy {and she doesn't have an impressive bosom}) so he goes to Thom and puts his adventures to song and they set out for Shara and then the Seanchean lands and he becomes a gleeman.

The story of New Manetheren, under King Mat. (Well, Perrin's got Saldaea.. )

I don't think Mat can sit in the mountains for the rest of his life. And Perrin, he won't be a king of New Manetheren b/c more and more think that he will not survive. No joke; someone has to die. Perrin just seems like a good candidate, that all. blush.gif

I want to read about Verin's life, focusing on early life in the tower complete with Accepted and Aes Sedai tests, friends, studies etc. Also what she did after being raised, how she found Tomas, but especially her decision to join the Black Ajah, and what she was doing during all the time offscreen in the big books.

Same with Cadsuane.

I also want Tam's biography.

Archived