DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Lost song

soccerscott

The traveling people and their lost song. I can't remember if this was discussed when Rand goes through Rhuidean or not. I can't re-read that part as I don't have the books with me here in Afghandyland (kind of like candyland but instead of mountains of cupcakes it's sand, and the lollipops are RPG's). Can someone enlighten me on this please? Also... if it isn't mentioned... what is the "lost song" and what importance (if any) would it play later?

It is definitely mentioned in the Rhuidean trip(i'll quote it when I get home), and my favorite speculation about the Song from those chapters is that the Song isn't any particular song at all, but the Talent of the Dai'shan before they became modern Aiel that they were renowned for Singing (they sang with Ogier to make crops more fertile etc.).

lol yah... i vividly remember the description of Couladin's brother? clawing his eyes out as he was walking through the columns. Like I said, I can't remember it exactly, but in one of the visions someone says something along the lines of "we're going to remember the songs we used to sing and forget all of this Aes Sedai hokey pokey Ter'Angreal", these guys became Tinkers.

It is definitely mentioned in the Rhuidean trip(i'll quote it when I get home), and my favorite speculation about the Song from those chapters is that the Song isn't any particular song at all, but the Talent of the Dai'shan before they became modern Aiel that they were renowned for Singing (they sang with Ogier to make crops more fertile etc.).

This is the most liekly, I agree with the "talent" being the "Song" not an actual song. However, there are theories that the song in the columns is the "song" literally. However, you need the Talent. You cant just sing the song randomly and work it.

Anyway, I wouldnt worry about not picking things up. In casual reading you dont really pick these things up. But on DM and other sites there is detailed speculation and theorizing. But from the Books themselves, you havent missed much.

TDR is by far the best book in the series. The trip to Rhiudian is the most exciting element of the series, IMO. I came away with that part thinking that the positive emotions of the Dai Shan helped the Ogier grow crops, but it also brought peace to the world. The world was more connected at that time, in the days before the Shadow ripped it apart.

TDR is by far the best book in the series. The trip to Rhiudian is the most exciting element of the series, IMO. I came away with that part thinking that the positive emotions of the Dai Shan helped the Ogier grow crops, but it also brought peace to the world. The world was more connected at that time, in the days before the Shadow ripped it apart.

You cant like the book that much. You got the name wrong . :biggrin:

Was Shadows Rising, not Dragon Reborn.

Seriously BUSTED + PWND

Oh my gosh, you are so correct! I cant believe I did that! I feel like such a fool, missing the "S" and instead hitting the "D". I promise you will never see a mistake on my part ever ever again.

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I don't know how I would have slept at night without knowing I made such an awesome blunder.

Seriously BUSTED + PWND

Yes, thank you for backing that up for me. One person stating the painfully obvious wouldn't have sufficed, we clearly needed additional support on this one. I owe a great debt to the both of you for finding that mistaken letter that so clearly negates my entire post.

Thank you, guys.

Seriously BUSTED + PWND

Yes, thank you for backing that up for me. One person stating the painfully obvious wouldn't have sufficed, we clearly needed additional support on this one. I owe a great debt to the both of you for finding that mistaken letter that so clearly negates my entire post.

Thank you, guys.

Chill out man. I was just pointing it out. Poking a bit of fun.

Thats why I added the smile. It was a joke, calm down.

Woah... hey now guy... if you look at any of my posts, you would see that I like to joke around a little bit. So calm down.. it's all in good fun, and I thank you for your opinions, else I wouldn't have asked on the boards eh? So don't get butt hurt, and maybe fire back with something along the lines of "Yo Scott, bull your head from your ass then read a book haus." Instant ZING!er on me. Ask Shadow or Ice, they can verify for ya :tongue: May the force be with you, always.

Archived