DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best place to order ToM?

mikedh

I don't know of any places that will send it BEFORE the actual release day, so even if you get next day delivery, you won't be able to likely pre-order online AND get it the day of the release. Most bigger bookstores like B&N will let you pre-order a copy though that you can pick up the day of.

Perhaps if you went to a little local quirky book store on Friday the 29th or Sat 30th and bribed the granola boy behind the counter with a dimebag of weed, he would go in the back and get you a copy a day or two early... heard of that working in the past..from a friend...

Anyone know where I can pre-order ToM such that I can fulfill my growing need to read it the day it comes out? Or do you think it will be possible to just run down to Barnes & Noble on Nov. 2 to pick it up?

I ordered mine from my local B&N store since the Kindle edition isn't happening until next year.

They said it would be there for me to pick up at opening. No midnight launch I guess.

You should be able to walk into any major chain store and just buy it off the shelf the day of release.

In April I learned you can't do that at Waldenbooks...

Had to drive 40 minutes across an army base to get to the closest B&N. Waldenbooks' staff couldn't bother with unpacking new releases before opening the store on release day.

You should be able to walk into any major chain store and just buy it off the shelf the day of release.

Man... Think of those of us in deepest Africa (ok, ok, South Africa) - I had to order it off Amazon because no retailers here are planning to release before December :angry:

In April I learned you can't do that at Waldenbooks...

Had to drive 40 minutes across an army base to get to the closest B&N. Waldenbooks' staff couldn't bother with unpacking new releases before opening the store on release day.

Huh. But surely you could just ask for it and they would get it from the back for you?

Man... Think of those of us in deepest Africa (ok, ok, South Africa) - I had to order it off Amazon because no retailers here are planning to release before December :angry:

I don't even know does any store in Finland sell this in english form :( And waiting for translated version is going to take ages. I mean TGS hasn't been translated yet and they are going to split that to 2-3 books anyway with probably around year between each...

And even if some store WOULD sell the english version tomorrow it would require lengthy(and expensive) drive :( Combined with finnish prices prolly end up paying 3-4 times as what I pay from amazon.

Ugh. Hopefully amazon hurry ups in this and sends them quickly(atleast for me ;) Just kidding!).

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK and the buggers aren't going to dispatch it until 3rd Nov?! Surely that's not fair, as someone purchsing it on 2nd with next day delivery will get theirs first.

Iv a good mine to go down to Gourock and egg their warehouse. Lol

I don't even know does any store in Finland sell this in english form :( And waiting for translated version is going to take ages. I mean TGS hasn't been translated yet and they are going to split that to 2-3 books anyway with probably around year between each...

And even if some store WOULD sell the english version tomorrow it would require lengthy(and expensive) drive :( Combined with finnish prices prolly end up paying 3-4 times as what I pay from amazon.

Ugh. Hopefully amazon hurry ups in this and sends them quickly(atleast for me ;) Just kidding!).

Hmm. Ok, you've got a worse deal than we do! Good luck then ;-)

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK and the buggers aren't going to dispatch it until 3rd Nov?! Surely that's not fair, as someone purchsing it on 2nd with next day delivery will get theirs first.

Iv a good mine to go down to Gourock and egg their warehouse. Lol

Simple remedy. Cancel your preorder and go find it in a local bookstore. That'll teach them! :smile:

Yey! Amazon sent me dispatched message yesterday :) 1st of November!

Now there's sligth chance it gets to my home ready for weekend though there's disturbance in finnish postal service(workers on strike...)...BLOODY POST WORKERS! If you delay my ToM I'm SOOOOOOO pissed off!

Archived