DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Found A Copy of Towers of Midnight Early?

Luckers

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If God did not wish for us to behave like crack addicted monkeys, he would not have given us Wheel of Time novels in the first place.

This is enormously accurate. Any other NYC info? I'm trolling shops but most of the big chains (Borders / B&M) are not playing ball.

*fiending for WoT hit*

I went to my library today and guess what! They don't have it yet!

I looked at the MLB schedule and there could be as many as five World Series games played between now and when the book comes out. To put this in perspective World Series games often take an eternity or longer to finish, and that's in years that I'm not a week away from a new WoT book. So for about five eternities or so I'm going to be in 'addict in need of a fix' mode yelling "for the love of God throw the next pitch so I can be closer to reading ToM".

Yes logic has abandoned me. WTB Delorean and clock tower.

I was just in a certain medium sized central Illinois city staring at a full box (opened) of ToM. I walked in, talked to the clerk, and she said, "Sure they're in the aisle right over there." Unbelievable. I've tried to get early releases since LoC! The book is now sitting on my kitchen counter. I can't believe how easy it was. I would say to everyone out there: try a local bookseller. Who knows, maybe you get it done!

scraps18

PS I don't mean to gloat or anything. Yes I do. But I love you guys out there.

My local book store has a coffee shop and is open for breakfast.... and when I called today they confirmed that they are putting the book out in the morning.

Now to bed to get up before work for breakfast and a book. :biggrin:

Where are you from Fainsbane? Than people who are from the same area can pm you for the name of the bookstore.

I am so jealous of all of you! I am stuck here, dependant on the whims of Amazon. There are no local book seller who can get me a copy (and I highly doubt AAFES will carry this book in the mideast). Amazon is not going to ship until the 2nd of November. AAAGGGH. I want to scream.

The same goes for characters--"I like Dumbeldore in this book." "I thought Dumbledore's scenes were really slow."

DD is in ToM :blink: i know those Elfin had someone smart pulling the strings :happy: now the sock comment in SS makes sense :sleep::laugh:

on a serious note, i think me and bubba will be taking a trip to the Barnes & Noble in Gulfport to check this out. maybe we'll be lucky as well.

Sad news folks, I was mislead. They have a) not received the book yet, and b) will be honoring the Nov 2nd Date. Color me sad.

Color me miffed, irked and frustrated. Arggh, I have to fly on Saturday and was counting on having the book to read whilst standing in airport security lines. :wacko::angry:

BTW I am in Bellingham WA.

I GOT MY COPY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Philly where things notoriously fall off the back of trucks. If I am allowed to I will tell you the Chapter order. SO EXCITED. If you live in the area PM me and I will tell you abouts where to go. So long as yo SWEAR you will not get the small book store I got it from in trouble.

I GOT MY COPY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Philly where things notoriously fall off the back of trucks. If I am allowed to I will tell you the Chapter order. SO EXCITED. If you live in the area PM me and I will tell you abouts where to go. So long as yo SWEAR you will not get the small book store I got it from in trouble.

For some reason I can't PM anyone right now. I don't know if t has to do with the fact that I'm on my iPhone or what. Anyway, I'm going to be next to Philly in the next couple of days and would die to get the book early. Any chance you can PM me with the location as I'm having trouble doing it myself right now?

And I swear by my hope of rebirth and salvation I will not mention the store to anyone.

I think I would pee myself if I got the book early!

For some reason I can't PM anyone right now. I don't know if t has to do with the fact that I'm on my iPhone or what. Anyway, I'm going to be next to Philly in the next couple of days and would die to get the book early. Any chance you can PM me with the location as I'm having trouble doing it myself right now?

And I swear by my hope of rebirth and salvation I will not mention the store to anyone.

I think I would pee myself if I got the book early!

Also, if you're having trouble PMing or willing to help me out with the location I'll be willing to postmy email inthe thread for you.

I'm so excited at the prospect of reading ToM tomorrow:)

Well unfortunately I live in Naples FL, a land where corporate stores have destroyed all the little guys. After a brief google search and many phone calls, Ive decided all the small shops are officially closed. Cant see BaM, Borders or B&N putting them up early. :( my dad is traveling so Ive got him on the look out, but I dont feel confident. I got excited because the library called and said I had a book in today. I do, just not the one I want.

Yes! The book (Towers of Midnight) is here, and almost a week before release! I am going to enjoy it :biggrin: At last! Hail the japnese Amazon that does not care about American release date! (It did the same with Gathering Storm). So, after some gloating.. off to the BOOK!Yay!

I went to a local Books-a-million this evening just for kicks. Walked in... 30 copies sitting in front of the entrance. I was shocked. Grabbed a copy, walked up to the register, gave the cashier the book. She scans the book in and the register alarms. I guess her screen popped up a warning that the book should not be sold before Nov. 2. She called the manager and they took the whole stack of books to the back of the store. All-in-all, a pretty disappointing evening.

I went to a local Books-a-million this evening just for kicks. Walked in... 30 copies sitting in front of the entrance. I was shocked. Grabbed a copy, walked up to the register, gave the cashier the book. She scans the book in and the register alarms. I guess her screen popped up a warning that the book should not be sold before Nov. 2. She called the manager and they took the whole stack of books to the back of the store. All-in-all, a pretty disappointing evening.

EPIC FAIL! Please tell me you at least sat down reading the book in the store until almost-closing-time before attempting your purchase.

Archived