DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Found A Copy of Towers of Midnight Early?

Luckers

Not to be antagonistic (even though this post could be construed as such) I have a copy of the TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT. I live in Norway and bought it from my local bookstore. About a month ago, I had asked if they would have it in stock by the release date of Nov.2, and although they thought it would be, they took my number and said they would send me a text when it came. I got the text yesterday, and picked up a copy. Anyone from Norway want more info. I am willing to help.

Trig

Congrats :) (*jealous stare*) I haven't had any luck so far. Anyway, i posted this also in a thread on TL for people from norway.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be antagonistic (even though this post could be construed as such) I have a copy of the TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT. I live in Norway and bought it from my local bookstore. About a month ago, I had asked if they would have it in stock by the release date of Nov.2, and although they thought it would be, they took my number and said they would send me a text when it came. I got the text yesterday, and picked up a copy. Anyone from Norway want more info. I am willing to help.

Trig

Thats awesome! Please share name of store/city. Did they have the book out for sale or did you have to request that they go get it from the back??

(My sister lives in Oslo)

Criminey, people, get a life!!!

Think of all the things you can get done during the next two weeks while waiting for ToM, so you can devote the entire month of November 24/7 to memorizing every last detail.

You could...

-- Pay the bills in advance, particularly the electric bill so the power company doesn't pull the plug while you're reading chapter 23 for the 7th time and cross-referencing it to all the other books. Or at least make sure you have sufficient candles lined up on the table.

-- Go grocery shopping and stock up on microwave dinners and frozen pizzas so you don't have to step away from the book for more than 3 minutes to feed yourself. (Another reason to pay that electric bill in advance...)

-- Stock up on dog or cat food so you won't have to face the choice between having your left foot chewed off or wasting good reading time standing in line at the Wal-Mart.

-- Wash all your clothes and sheets and buy extra underwear so you can both avoid wasting time doing laundry and prevent a massive case of itch caused by sitting in the same pair of undershorts all month.

-- Pre-program the DVR to record anything you would have watched on TV in November if it weren't for ToM.

-- Get your term paper research finished and write the first draft now, so that when you finally break away from ToM and pull all-nighters finishing your paper you don't find yourself brain-dead and including commentary on Elaine's choices in bath salts.

-- Mow the lawn one last time so that when the November snows melt your neighbors won't be banging on your door to do something about the soggy hay-field that used to be your front yard.

-- Get a notepad and pre-write "I love you" notes to your kids which you can stuff in their lunches or backpacks throughout November, so they won't realize you are mentally absent from their lives for 30 days.

-- Show your kids where the cookbook and turkey-sized oven cooking bags are located so that at least someone in the house will be able to prepare Thanksgiving dinner.

See how busy you can be for the next two weeks? The time will just fly by!!!

Trig

Thats awesome! Please share name of store/city. Did they have the book out for sale or did you have to request that they go get it from the back??

(My sister lives in Oslo)

As I mentioned, I had asked about the book, and they took my name and number. Yesterday, I got the text message saying that my book had come in, and so I went in hoping to be able to buy it early. When I got there, the book was on the information desk on the bottom of a pile of others (not WOT books) that were reserved for the customers who had asked for them. It was a bit funny because even though the book was on the bottom of a stack, I was able to recognize the book almost immediately by its size alone (all the others in the pile were much thinner). So I told the girl my name and she began looking through this cabinet behind the desk. When she couldn't find my book she said "what was your name again?", I told her that the book she was looking for was likely there under the pile. Sure enough, BINGO! After I had bought the book and my wife and I were walking away from the store, I turned to my wife and said "Be ready to run just in case...." :unsure: Anyway, I did glance at the bookshelf where they would have them if they had already set them out and I didn't see them, but that doesn't mean anything since they sold me one. If your sister wants a copy I could go back in to ask about getting one, no problem and send it to Oslo. The city I live in is Tønsberg (only an hour and a half or so from Oslo). I would not want trouble for the store, but if you want, we could talk personally. Let me know. I won't have some hater causing problems for the nice people who help us out!

Trig

-- Go grocery shopping and stock up on microwave dinners and frozen pizzas so you don't have to step away from the book for more than 3 minutes to feed yourself. (Another reason to pay that electric bill in advance...)

For some reason that made me think of the WoW South Park episode. "MOM!! MORE HOT POCKETS!"

Last year my pre-ordered book came about 5 days early. I didn't check the mail today (I have to run to the Post Office to get my mail), but I hope it comes early again. I wish they would release the book in a different month. I'm very busy this time of year, between my job and my outdoor acitivities.

Last year my pre-ordered book came about 5 days early. I didn't check the mail today (I have to run to the Post Office to get my mail), but I hope it comes early again. I wish they would release the book in a different month. I'm very busy this time of year, between my job and my outdoor acitivities.

Last year my preordered book came about five days late. Yeah. The board spoiled me before it came, even down to Verin and her scenes :(

I must exercise willpower this time around. Or rob my bookstore. I'm considering which would be easier.

Last year my preordered book came about five days late. Yeah. The board spoiled me before it came, even down to Verin and her scenes :(

I must exercise willpower this time around. Or rob my bookstore. I'm considering which would be easier.

I won't mind I'm so busy in November that I can wait. Today would have been a good day for reading though.

So after reading this thread I got curious. I checked Schuler books online and to my surprise it actually had ToM listed as on the shelves. Well I happen to live very near one. So I went there and just got back. I walked at a very fast pace to where the Jordan books are and was disapointed that there was a placard up that said the book was due out Nov 2. I kept looking around but it was not there. I happened across The Way of Kings and purchased that instead. I know nothing of the series but it says it is book one so I figured why not.

Anyways I went to the counter to buy it. I asked the clerk if he was familiar with Sanderson because I wanted to varify that this was the first book in a series. It says so on the book but fantasy books are natorious for having lots of books under a banner. Anyways I asked him and he said he wasn't familiar with the author. I then asked if he knew Robert Jordan and he said yes. I told him that the new book was coming out soon and he said, (let me just say I cannot varify this or have any proof to its accuracy) "yeah we got it in the back."

I kinda just stood there looking at him for a few moments and then asked if he could go get me a copy. He said to give him a minute and went to the back. He came back a few moments later and let me tell you, my heart was beating. I thought I was going to get it. But he came back empty handed. He came back and said that he couldn't sell any yet and after some light prodding he said he would get in a lot of trouble and the bookstore could lose rights or something to selling from the company if they did.

I didn't harass him any further and would have felt bad to have gotten a copy, the dude lose his job in a hard economy, just so I get it a couple weeks early. I actually have no problem waiting anyways, especially since the last book is already scheduled for a late release. Just thought I would share it with you. If you happen to work for Schulers or know someone who does you could possibly get it early though the person may lose their job over it. I don't think that is worth it.

Secondly, for the time being we're keeping the board strictly to the Pre-release material, which is to say the Prologue and Chapters 1,2 and 8. Closer to the release I'll move all this to a Pre-Release subboard and set up this board for full spoilers, at which point you can feel free to go nuts, but for the moment no spoilers from elsewhere in the books.

You may feel free to reply to this thread with a general response--"I really liked the book." "I did not like the book" etc. The same goes for characters--"I like Dumbeldore in this book." "I thought Dumbledore's scenes were really slow." But, for the time being no plot specific ones, including just telling that a plot gets resolved--we've seen what the fandom can do with those after Larry's review. There will be time for that when the board goes into Full Spoiler Mode.

Other than that die a horrible death you lucky sod, I hope you enjoy the book.

Would it be too much for them too list all the chapter names in order. I'd really like to see that.

Secondly, for the time being we're keeping the board strictly to the Pre-release material, which is to say the Prologue and Chapters 1,2 and 8. Closer to the release I'll move all this to a Pre-Release subboard and set up this board for full spoilers, at which point you can feel free to go nuts, but for the moment no spoilers from elsewhere in the books.

You may feel free to reply to this thread with a general response--"I really liked the book." "I did not like the book" etc. The same goes for characters--"I like Dumbeldore in this book." "I thought Dumbledore's scenes were really slow." But, for the time being no plot specific ones, including just telling that a plot gets resolved--we've seen what the fandom can do with those after Larry's review. There will be time for that when the board goes into Full Spoiler Mode.

Other than that die a horrible death you lucky sod, I hope you enjoy the book.

Would it be too much for them too list all the chapter names in order. I'd really like to see that.

Even just the chapter names found in the Great Hunt, matched up with chapter numbers. It's not spoilers - we already know the names. Heck, put it in a thread called 'Chapter Names by Chapter numbers', no one can stumble in thinking it's something else.

lol...and since someone sent me a PM about it...no, Tam did not give me the book. Anyone who knows him would know better than to assume that, but I forget that most of you don't know him. I was just saying that he will be someone to discuss it with.

Waiting for this book now and being on this site is kinda like trying to thread a needle and failing, frustrating. Is it here yet? :sammy:

Sorry for going off-topic to the thead but I quoted above cause I kinda feel the same way. I have been excited for the book and the last one as many who have read these books for something like 8-10+ years. I haven't been to this site in some time outside of some very general lurking but lately have been reading alot here. I have managed to stay out of the spoiler section outside this thread and will continue to do so. Having been reading many posts and topics here, the reviews and watching the trailer though has really wet my appetite. Now I am very excited for the book and can't wait for it to be released.

I had been planning on waiting to read it until late summer, then start with book one and read the entire series with the final book finishing it. I don't think I can now. I will be at the store as soon as it drops and will buy a copy and likely have it read in a couple days like the last one. As it turns out I rather like BS's writing style and find it a nice breath of fresh air into the series. It feels good to be excited about something. How long do us adults go without really getting excited for things anymore? I can't say its like Christmas used to be as a kid but close and that in itself is a cool thing.

Archived