DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Found A Copy of Towers of Midnight Early?

Luckers

Firstly, you are a lucky person, and I hate you to the core of your being!!!

:biggrin:

Secondly, for the time being we're keeping the board strictly to the Pre-release material, which is to say the Prologue and Chapters 1,2 and 8. Closer to the release I'll move all this to a Pre-Release subboard and set up this board for full spoilers, at which point you can feel free to go nuts, but for the moment no spoilers from elsewhere in the books.

You may feel free to reply to this thread with a general response--"I really liked the book." "I did not like the book" etc. The same goes for characters--"I like Dumbeldore in this book." "I thought Dumbledore's scenes were really slow." But, for the time being no plot specific ones, including just telling that a plot gets resolved--we've seen what the fandom can do with those after Larry's review. There will be time for that when the board goes into Full Spoiler Mode.

Other than that die a horrible death you lucky sod, I hope you enjoy the book.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A curse upon all the stockboys looking at those boxes with the "Do not Sell before Nov. 2nd 2010" stickers on them. Doesn't stop them from opening the box and sitting in the back stockroom on break reading the book and sharing it with friends. Those boxes are arriving in the distribution warehouses waiting to be sent out to every Safeway, Walmart, and Piggly-Wiggly in America, not to mention most every bookstore.

Nothing was found. Every release there're a few lucky people (maybe they work in a bookstore, or their library received the book in advance) who get their hands on a copy before the official release.

This topic is meant to warn them not to talk of what they've read until such time as Luckers might split the boards (which will happen Nov 2nd, if you take his word for it. I don't usually recommend it :wink:)

Nothing was found. Every release there're a few lucky people (maybe they work in a bookstore, or their library received the book in advance) who get their hands on a copy before the official release.

This topic is meant to warn them not to talk of what they've read until such time as Luckers might split the boards (which will happen Nov 2nd, if you take his word for it. I don't usually recommend it :wink:)

Nah, one was found. Don't know where though.

And I'll probably re-organise the board before November 2nd. Dunno--play it by ear.

Nah, one was found already. There's a thread about it in the introductions.

ETA: Not sure where it was found and the finder isn't divulging it.

Smart finder. Considering it would raise severaal awkward questions... such as illegality.

Ohh, I just looked in on my local bookstore (I wont say) and they are releasing ToM on the 1st of November. This also happened with tGS. Also, I live in Australia, where we are 12-something hours ahead of America. So technically I will get ToM on the 31st for alot of people.

There is nothing wrong with this yeah?

Based off the hints we were given, a copy of ToM was recently sold at a Hudson's bookstore (inside security) @JFK airport. My first guess would be that the copy was sold at the Hudson's at Terminal 7, Gate 6 in JFK since said's person departed from Terminal 7.

All you New Yorkers just need to call the store and verify they have a copy and then find a way into security.

I cut out the offers of money. I'm not really comfortable with that, sorry.

And you guys are assuming that this person lives in the States. I've been informed that the books have started to land in Netherland bookshops.

And you guys are assuming that this person lives in the States. I've been informed that the books have started to land in Netherland bookshops.

Sorry about that Luckers. I was thinking my offer was a little over the top, but sometimes you have to take a shot.

Starting to land, but not sold yet, right? I posted about that on TL. Unless it's posted by someone else and than i want to know where it has been sold!!!

Not to be antagonistic (even though this post could be construed as such) I have a copy of the TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT. I live in Norway and bought it from my local bookstore. About a month ago, I had asked if they would have it in stock by the release date of Nov.2, and although they thought it would be, they took my number and said they would send me a text when it came. I got the text yesterday, and picked up a copy. Anyone from Norway want more info. I am willing to help.

Trig

Archived