DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

oblisk

So, I figured I'd introduce myself, though not a super hard core WOT fan I do enjoy them and planned on picking up TOM sometime November.

Prior to boarding on of the big long haul flights out of the US, i was worried what I would spend the 15-17 hours doing. Luckily I wandered in to a nice little store and managed to find the following....

SDzd9.jpg

I won't post spoilers unless requested and in someway appropriate for the forum.

And yes there was another copy sitting on the shelf.

Oooh! Lucky you.

For right now, we're not opening up any threads to discuss the entire book. It's a very small number of people who have read it right now and most of them are either beta readers or reviewers. You are actually the first person I've heard of who managed to find a store selling them early. We're not sure when we'll be opening up more threads on the spoiler forum, but it won't be until closer to the release. In the mean time, enjoy your book and try not to spoil anyone.

Ahem.

/grabs book and runs off into the night, cackling like a madman.

Welcome to the Boards. If its anything like last release in the days coming up to the release, more and more spoilers will be discussed. But thank you for not spoiling us now.

Thanks for the welcome. And yes i did a double take when walking by the shelf.

Just because I'm not sure what is the protocol for responding to posts in the spoiler forum, is it fair game? a lot of posts seem to want to speculate about stuff not ask for any actual spoilers.

Hey, welcome to the board!

At this point only the pre-release stuff is under discussion on the spoiler board--so the Prolgue and chapters 1,2 and 8. What'll happen is that closer to the release I'll move all that into a special pre-release subforum, and create threads for the full book. I'm not sure exactly when this will happen, but you'll see it when it does.

In the meantime enjoy the book and know that we all sit here in a jealous rage. :biggrin:

can you perhaps tell me what city you found said book in??? :biggrin::biggrin:

I was on flight CX831 yesterday (19th of Oct). I found the book past security at a store named for a northwest passage explorer.

Already re-reading it. I will say it is amusing looking at people's theories.

Ok-- I think I know exactly where you bought this book.

You bought it at JFK airport at a Hudson bookstore (named after Henry Hudson).

The flight you took leaves from terminal 7.

There is one Hudson bookseller in this terminal across from Gate 6.

There are many other Hudson bookstores, post-security, at JFK. You might also have walked passed one of these on your way to terminal 7.

Fellow Dragonmount people in the New York area... you might want to head down there ASAP to check it out lol.

BTW-- how is Hong Kong?

Welcome to the Mount!

<Eyes the book> Hmmm keep that close, or you may find it vanished in a flash of wolf fur...

Anyway, welcome :3 I hope your enjoying that book and the forums!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me :3 Or pesters Jen, though I would pester me first, since she may eat you :D

Anyway, have fun Storming the Mount!

BTW-- how is Hong Kong?

Well you were correct on all but one point.... Can't transfer between terminals past security, only prior to security @ JFK.

HK is great, heading into china in 3 hours. Then my posting ability is diminished, which is a shame, since by the time I return you should all have the book.

I mean how else can i ruin it with spoilers such as:

Jon Snow is a Targaryen!

Ok-- I think I know exactly where you bought this book.

You bought it at JFK airport at a Hudson bookstore (named after Henry Hudson).

The flight you took leaves from terminal 7.

There is one Hudson bookseller in this terminal across from Gate 6.

There are many other Hudson bookstores, post-security, at JFK. You might also have walked passed one of these on your way to terminal 7.

Fellow Dragonmount people in the New York area... you might want to head down there ASAP to check it out lol.

BTW-- how is Hong Kong?

I was going to leave this post alone(ok you're right... I wasn't), and then I saw this! Just ...creepy man... Google or not... if you're stalking someone you just shouldn't let other people know like this... At least just send a single rose, long stem, with the thorns cut off. Inside one of the pedals you slip a tiny sized peigon note that may, or may not have a picture of the next item they are to receive... oh you've done this before... you guessed it, a lock of your hair. :: shudders :: creepy man....

Archived