DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's gonna happen when the series ends?

Urien Gaidin

Hi, Urien; I'm pretty new too, but so far, I've noticed that most of the discussion around here is about things that are beyond WOT. For example, I joined the White Tower Org., and I noticed that the Brown Ajah has something along the lines of a monthly book discussion (for books outside of the WOT series), the Blue Ajah spends some time discussing the Harry Potter books, and the Gray Ajah talks about the TV show Lost, among other things.

This website is about more than just the books, as it needs to be in order not to become stagnant. Love of the books has brought us together, but other common interests are what will bind us to each other, as clearly, we can only talk about the books SO much and for SO long. Then again, there will be a steady flow of people who are reading the books for the first time, so they'll likely be on fire about the story and will want a forum in which to discuss all things WOT, and conveniently, here we are. :)

As far as something like, "In your face! I told you so! *doin' the cabbage patch-oh yeah, oh yeah* "I was right!" When the series is over, well, I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, OF COURSE!!! :lol:

I really don't think that the last book will answer every question, in fact RJ's said it won't. So we'll still be discussing characters, movtives, and so on. Along with wether or not we believe it ended the right way, compare it to what we wanted to have happen, and so on. There are millions of discussion groups for LotR, and that's been over for decades.

Most of the big questions will be answered. Including who killed Asmodean, because he (RJ) said that after AMoL came out in paperback he would just spill the beans. I have to admit, a very childish part of me is going to want to come skipping through here screaming "I KNEW IT WAS GRAAAAAENDAAAALLLL. MWAHAHAHA."

Isn't it funny how the human mind works? I didn't even really care who killed him until people disagreed with me. :roll:

Thank you, okstate (My dad earned his master's there, and I have tons of family from Bartlesville, and now they've scattered across OK City, Tonkawa, Duncan, all over...and I never visit).

Excellent point, Kadere; I hadn't considered all of that, and Robert, this may be pathetic, but I care so very, very much! I LOVED Asmodean; he kept me in stitches with his smart-alecky background music, his sullen glower at being Chosen for ignoble duties, his grade-A bootlicking...I miss him. :(

Oh, I am seriously looking forward "TOLD YOU SO".

But I dont know if all people will stay here, maybe the glow will stay for a while after the last book but it will slowly but surely fade away. Thats the nature of all good things,if the good taste linger too long you get tired of it and have to find something new.

I love the WoT books and will surely re-read it a number of times.

i hope there will be member authored continuations of story lines not finished off by RJ. I think there will be plenty left to discuss. Not to mention people new to the series coming on in.

It's a great series and we have no reason not to assume that people will stop reading it just because the last book has come out. No, I think that this forum will serve as a sounding board for many many years to come

Archived