DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Morgasse not Identifying herself

louigie15

Lets not forget how Morgase came to be with Perrin in the first place. Heres this massive, burly, bearded bloke with a wicked looking axe and wolf eyes threatening people with execution if they tick him off (and yes, they deserved it), then led to a camp where a banner she heard of before leaving Andor had been raised in rebellion against her, and finds out that this Golden-eyed killer has close ties to the Dragon Reborn, who incidentally has designs on her beloved daughter. I'm sure you would agree that doesn't make for the most trusting start for a relationship.

She reasoned she can spy on Perrin, hopefully protect Andor from him and Rand somehow.

about tam recognizing her, tam was a soldier in HER army, not only that he was somewhat high ranking, her not recognizing him, is one thing, him recognizing her completely logical, about the whole mistrust thing, just how difficult is it to actually break compulsion?

Tam was not in her army. Tam was in the Illianer army, and eventually rose to Second Captain of the Illianer Companions. That position would have allowed him to encounter all sorts of high-ranking nobles and monarchs, especially once the Aiel crossed the Dragonwall and everyone was forced into a huge alliance to deal with them.

Tam was in a lot of different armies, and he fought on multiple sides of the battle field, but he did fight for margase, perhaps not as a high up ranking officer, but he did fight for her. he left to join an army and see the world, the first recruiter he would have met would have been an andoran. unless tam can travel?

Tam was in a lot of different armies, and he fought on multiple sides of the battle field, but he did fight for margase, perhaps not as a high up ranking officer, but he did fight for her. he left to join an army and see the world, the first recruiter he would have met would have been an andoran.

There's no evidence at all that he was in any army other than that of Illian during his time out of the Two Rivers as a young man. Find some, and I'll happily agree, but as it stands, that's pure speculation. But let's pretend he did meet an Andoran recruiter. Why does that mean he automatically said "OK, sign me up, dude"? It's just as likely he said "Nah. That's cool. I'm gonna head south, maybe see Illian. Always wanted to see Illian. Later." Why? Because he left to see the world, period, and not with the explicit goal of joining an army. And, if he was just some low ranking dude in the Andoran army, he may have never even gone anywhere near Caemlyn, and spent all his time at some regional garrison instead. Or, even if he did see the city, there's no guarantee he ever saw Morgase.

unless tam can travel?

Yes, he can (and did), by such means as "boats", "feet", and "horses". How else do you think he ended up in Illian?

I assume at some point Galad will see her and blow her cover to Perrin. He wont just let her hide out because that would not be the "right" thing to do. Not to mention didnt he just make a pack with the seanchan that he would not try to raise and long lost kingdoms up from the ashes :biggrin: She will eventualy realize that Perrin, and Rand are the good guys and unhide herself and latch on to them just like everyone else has. Even she will have to realize that their cause is bigger than just boarders of contries right now.

You have to understand that Morgase sees Perrin as true Dragonsworn, obviously not crazy like Masema Dragonsworn but still working for the Man Himself. Morgase has reason to fear Rand, considering rumors are abound with him sitting on the Lion Throne, she probably sees herself as a loose end that the Dragon would love to be rid of. So in short, she can see Perrin is a good man, but he is still working for someone she can't trust.

*Walking out to the middle of the room with his trustworthy soap box. Sets it carefully down and wipes it lovingly with a handkerchief before stepping on it.*

Ahem, I will try to put this as subtley as I can and this also goes for people who do not like Elayne, Berelain, etc. MORGASE IS/WAS A QUEEN!!! She is not going to be able to react in a normal way because she is not NORMAL! Royalty (in most cases) grow up, learn, eat, and do almost everything completely different than the common folk. She thinks about country before herself and even if she has given the throne to her daughter, she is riding around with a person who has put up a rebellion to her country. Yes, she knows by now that Perrin is a good man and Faile is a good lady and it won't surprise me if in the next book she does explain who she is, but if she said it at the beginning would Perrin have used the info. like Galina would have used Faile's name with Savannah? Thank you, I will shut up now.

*Stepping off said soap box and walking back to stand in the corner of the room*

That's a goooood soapbox, may I borrow it sometime? :cool:

You are so right.This is a person who abdicated in her own mind, and did not require witnesses to make that abdication binding.

I thnk she's waiting until she knows what's what.. though the person who pointed out that Galad would have recognised her at once is right, that will have forced her hand.

Not to mention that Morgases revelation will probably happen at a time when it will benefit the Pattern. I think the faith and order bring strength thing relates to the frame of minds of the Patterns threads. Right now, everyone thinks Rand is a tyrant, and they have a right to. But when the time comes for Rand to step down from his high horse, pretty much like what happened in TGS (Im not a weapon or a warlord I am a leader) the time then comes for his role, which can be influenced by the faith of the people of the Pattern. Morgases revelation happening after Rands epiphany, when he is back in the right frame of mind and really could do with all the help he can get, could the timing of Morgases revelation represent a small increase in order being just as important as large increases? Her survival being timed with Rand telling Galad they are brothers would completely turn them around, could even spark the beginning of a brotherly relationship from Galads end, which would make Gawyn support Galad support Rand through brotherly understanding. A fair bit of order from just the revelation that one person is alive and two others are related, a lot of faith renewed in Rand for not only having not killed Morgase, but being related to someone who is obsessed with doing the RIGHT thing no matter how it hurt. Rand could learn something from Galad, some sort of leadership thing in restoring faith and whatnot

Archived