DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL may be late

redarm

According to Brandon Sandersons 10/12/10 blog post on his site A Memory of Light may not be ready for us now until March 2012. Looks like I know what my birthday present will be that year. He says he will be taking time off from WOT and his new series to work on side projects and refresh before continuing after the new year. He also lists his upcoming projects and tells us when to expect each. I guess I can wait if it means a better book.

According to Brandon Sandersons 10/12/10 blog post on his site A Memory of Light may not be ready for us now until March 2012. Looks like I know what my birthday present will be that year. He says he will be taking time off from WOT and his new series to work on side projects and refresh before continuing after the new year. He also lists his upcoming projects and tells us when to expect each. I guess I can wait if it means a better book.

:angry:

Oh well. I am just glad to be able to read the ending at all so 6 months or so delay is no biggie.

:jordan:

Thats a good point Sam, We could have been stuck with the books not being written at all so best to be thankful for the fact we do get to read them even if its a few months later than expected.

Not going to stop me wishing it was out earlier though :smile:

I think it's important to note that the reason the project will be a few months late is NOT because of the side project, which he had planned as part of the schedule originally, but because Brandon feels that he needs to reread all of WoT. According to him, it's been three years since his reread and he's forgetting things. He hadn't planned on this originally but says it's necessary.

i'm actually glad he's taking a break. it sucks for us the reader but it will ensure he stays fresh on the work and do the end of the series jusitce :smile: which is the most important thing of course. and like Sam said, 6 months inst that bad of a wait.

squee!!!! 2 more Elantris books planned and a sequel to War Breaker!!! i'm super excited about that!!! i actually liked the sword Nightblood, the perosnalilty of it was interesting, so i'm super excited to see the sequel named after it :laugh: and i loved the characters in Elantris, i can't wait to see some of them again. i've read the book twice heheheh

i have yet to read Way of Kings, but i want too. i'm glad to see he already has 2 more books planned out. isn't this supposed to be like a 10 book epic?

Scribbler sounds interesting, i've not read his Alcatraz series but it sounds like it will be for that age group.

can't say i'm too sphyced abtou another Mistborn Trilogy ... but then again i had a hard time reading the first 3 books.

Dark One. the name alone is interesting ... a dark fanatasy ... i will look forward to more info about this one :happy:

I think it's important to note that the reason the project will be a few months late is NOT because of the side project, which he had planned as part of the schedule originally, but because Brandon feels that he needs to reread all of WoT. According to him, it's been three years since his reread and he's forgetting things. He hadn't planned on this originally but says it's necessary.

Good point. Good to make sure he has tied up the loose ends and that the story is fresh in his mind as he does so. Gotta wonder if he spends time compiling notes and stuff during his rereads. I don't know how anyone keeps ebverything straight in their heads with that much material.

Archived