DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

At what moment in the Wheel of Time do you wish you could actually tell a character to change a decision?

The Dirty Landry

Right, putting an end to the Shaido as a military threat, establishing a link between perrin and a high-ranking Seanchan officer, getting the Two rivers folk including Tam back in action, providing perrin with about 100000 people to care for, which will push Perrin towards accepting his leadership, instead of whining about people calling him lord, getting rid of Masema and his naughty bunch, pushing Perrin towards starting to do something about him being a wolfbrother...Completely useless things that will have no impact on the greater story...

Is it really necessary to be a jack*** to people when you post? Oh right, this is the internet where people feel they can be rude to somebody without repercussions. You could have just stated your opinion without being sarcastic, I guess that was to much to ask.

Oh, and this is one part in the books that I wish had been different. There are other ways the author could have accomplished all the stuff you listed above to accomplish the mission. Enough people dislike this storyline so much that I know its not just me that feels this way. I love Robert Jordan's books obviously, but that doesn't mean I have to love everything he did in the books.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, putting an end to the Shaido as a military threat, establishing a link between perrin and a high-ranking Seanchan officer, getting the Two rivers folk including Tam back in action, providing perrin with about 100000 people to care for, which will push Perrin towards accepting his leadership, instead of whining about people calling him lord, getting rid of Masema and his naughty bunch, pushing Perrin towards starting to do something about him being a wolfbrother...Completely useless things that will have no impact on the greater story...

Is it really necessary to be a jack*** to people when you post? Oh right, this is the internet where people feel they can be rude to somebody without repercussions. You could have just stated your opinion without being sarcastic, I guess that was to much to ask.

Oh, and this is one part in the books that I wish had been different. There are other ways the author could have accomplished all the stuff you listed above to accomplish the mission. Enough people dislike this storyline so much that I know its not just me that feels this way. I love Robert Jordan's books obviously, but that doesn't mean I have to love everything he did in the books.

Can you guys feel the love in the room? unsure.gif

I must say I do agree with the storyline issue - the Faile rescue was way too long. And the Seanchen working with Perrin in reality did nothing but give them couple hundred channelers (though that might be a good thing as they pose a threat to DR when he's crazy, so I see that point). But all that could have been done without Perrin there and Shaido could have been dispersed in another manner - Wise Ones finally acting like Wise Ones should and did. I always found it boring and almost condescending that Shaido held together and all the Wise Ones followed some good looking, ambitious retard. RJ did a poor job in convincign me there. I mean there were people in history that no one should follow but they usually had a very good charisma or were so powerful and influential (for a long, long time) that no one could oppose them. That "moroness" only slept with a couple of right guys, than declared herself Wise One and all of a sudden she's Musalini! WTF?!

So, yeah, I do throw my lot with hating that story line and completely skipping it during re-reads.

Archived