DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

At what moment in the Wheel of Time do you wish you could actually tell a character to change a decision?

The Dirty Landry

Mat, his dual with gawyn and galad,

he should not have stoped the killing blows :p

But then Siuan wouldn't have gotten out of the tower. How about telling all the Shaido Aiel in ACoS to focus only on killing Gawyn? That would've been nice. When I saw that Gawyn had chapter 4 in TGS, I was like "crap! Now I know this d-bag is gonna have a big part in the book."

w/o gawyn the wardes could have broken Siuan free,

i realy see NO reason for gawyn to be around, anywhere

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that leaps to my mind is this: I'd like to take all of the Aes Sedai that Elayne and Nynaeve were "teaching" about Tel'aran'rhiod, slap them a few times for good measure, and say: "Listen up, you idiots, the ability to channel here doesn't mean squat; anyone with decent control and a fertile enough imagination can duplicate anything you do. This is like learning to channel all over again, when the slightest mistake can KILL you, KILL your friends, maybe KILL everyone! You are novices again, and until you get more experience, everyone's lives depend on doing as you are flaming TOLD! Now stop acting like spoiled children, or Mara's Three foolish kings, and act like intelligent adults, follow what they tell you, and maybe keep everyone alive and whole..."

That would have been AWESOME!

1) Asmodean - You don't need another drink. Sit in the courtyard and play your music.

2) Egwene - When talking to someone about who killed his mother, the information that she was the prisoner of a Forsaken should be considered relevant data that he may be interested in and not irrelevant data that you should go out of your way to avoid mentioning.

3) Perrin - You don't need to ally yourself with the Seanchan. Your best friend has a million soldiers and knows how to Travel. Why not talk to him first?

1) Asmodean - You don't need another drink. Sit in the courtyard and play your music.

2) Egwene - When talking to someone about who killed his mother, the information that she was the prisoner of a Forsaken should be considered relevant data that he may be interested in and not irrelevant data that you should go out of your way to avoid mentioning.

3) Perrin - You don't need to ally yourself with the Seanchan. Your best friend has a million soldiers and knows how to Travel. Why not talk to him first?

haha, best one yet! Especially the Egwene point, that part in LoC annoys the H*** out of me. For crying out loud, you could have also mentioned that you had spent the last couple of months seeing Rand probably every day. Also you were in the room when Rand found out from Mat about Morgase's "murder". She could have mentioned how his reaction was not that of a murderer. I think Egwene was to worried about making out.

To be honest there is nothing really i would have stop them from doing. One thing that did bother me (and still does) is that Rand didn't kill Lanfear at the docks. I've always thought that was just a p#&sy moment on his part. But than again, maybe that's why he started going down the hill after that - that whole event does seem to resonate with me with all its consequences and to be very realistic.

Rand should have at least tried to kill her during the trolloc attack in the Stone in TSR. He had her pinned to a wall with Air, and was in ass-kicking mode filled with the power, but hesitated because she is a woman. Chivalry isn't always a good thing.

I'm going thru a re-read now, and just started TSR. That part in the beginning when Berelain comes in to his room in a skimpy little shift trying to seduce him... he so should have gotten his freak on with her. :berelain:

To be honest there is nothing really i would have stop them from doing. One thing that did bother me (and still does) is that Rand didn't kill Lanfear at the docks. I've always thought that was just a p#&sy moment on his part. But than again, maybe that's why he started going down the hill after that - that whole event does seem to resonate with me with all its consequences and to be very realistic.

Rand should have at least tried to kill her during the trolloc attack in the Stone in TSR. He had her pinned to a wall with Air, and was in ass-kicking mode filled with the power, but hesitated because she is a women. Chivalry isn't always a good thing.

I'm going thru a re-read now, and just started TSR. That part in the beginning when Berelain comes in to his room in a skimpy little shift trying to seduce him... he so should have gotten his freak on with her. :berelain:

omg, yes. Everytime I read that scene, I want to yell at him. If it was me, it would have been on like Donkey Kong.

Rand should have at least tried to kill her during the trolloc attack in the Stone in TSR. He had her pinned to a wall with Air, and was in ass-kicking mode filled with the power, but hesitated because she is a women. Chivalry isn't always a good thing.

omg, yes. Everytime I read that scene, I want to yell at him. If it was me, it would have been on like Donkey Kong.

:laugh: Donkey Kong with Lanfear or Berelain :wink:

Perrin: YOU IDIOT! don't do anything the way you did it in the books, do the opposite. you could have been such an awesome character but everyone thinks that you fail now!

Actualy, I like perrin, but he shoulda ditched Faile a looooong time ago, in fact they never should have hooked up. Berelain was WAY HOTTER.

Rand: You complete numpty! Why for the love of the light would you let yourself get bonded by FOUR WOMEN?!?!?!

One is hard enough to handle, fair enough you could have maby kept yourself sane if you only had Min and Aviendha. But Elayne is just annoying! And then theres Alanna? WTF happened there?

Also, shoulda killed Couladin at the start of tSR much? I thought so....

Egwene: Just, shut up. No one likes you.

Nynaeve: You are awesome, I <3 you Nynaeve but whats with all the Moirane hatred?

All Aes Sedai: STOP IT, NOW. BLOOD AND BLOODY ASHES YOU IDIOTS. STOP BEING SO DAMN STUBBORN!

....Rant over. :biggrin:

Rand

(When chasing Couladin into Cairhenan - or however its spelt) Skimming is not a 'once-a-book' trick. Skim ahead to the Spine of the world or Cairhenan city itself, sit down, have a frigging tea party and wait for the bugger.

Min - good idea. Avi - Okayish idea. Elayne - ummmmmm

Drop into the Black Tower now and then. Say hi, kiss a baby, notice the evil cabal of kinda evil people, etc.

Asmodean

Servants can fetch drinks too... they like it in fact, give it a shot.

It's rude to refer to someone simply as 'You'. Say their name

Narg

No need to go to Two Rivers mate. You accrued some Long Service Leave, go on a cruise or something

Sea Folk

D.I.A.F

Alana

Yup... bond the Dragon Reborn. Great idea, that's gonna work out well...

Bela

When you see Suian get on your back RUN! Jump over puppies and stuff... it'll be frigging hillarious

Nynaeve

(When plonking Elaynes head in the bucket of water when she's dwunk) Letting her up for air is not actually compulsory

Moiraine

A long stick works great for pushing people through doorways also

Gawyn

You're an awesome guy and everything but use your frigging brain/braincell !!

Mat

Whoever you're thinking of rescuing...don't.... (except Moiraine)

The Borderland Rulers

Going walkies with Tarmon Gaidon approaching huh... nice...

Having a mind blank so that all for now....

Know what? This is really freakin' hard. Every time I think of something the whole 'butterfly effect' comes into play and I can't help but think a couple causes and effects later and it ends up with someone really important either dying or not doing something extremely important. The future literally 'teeters on the edge of a blade', like the foretelling stated. It just impresses me all over again with the series when I think about it.

Know what? This is really freakin' hard. Every time I think of something the whole 'butterfly effect' comes into play and I can't help but think a couple causes and effects later and it ends up with someone really important either dying or not doing something extremely important. The future literally 'teeters on the edge of a blade', like the foretelling stated. It just impresses me all over again with the series when I think about it.

Well I disagree with you there. There is NOTHING necessary to the plot with the Faile kidnapping plotline. so we can definitely get rid of that one. :)

Well I disagree with you there. There is NOTHING necessary to the plot with the Faile kidnapping plotline. so we can definitely get rid of that one. :)

destruction of the shaido :o

destruction of the shaido :o

Yep :dry:

Without Perrin's plan the Seanchan might have gotten around to fighting them eventually, but it would have cost them tons of soldiers and channelers (which will presumably be needed for the last battle). And that's without even considering the other septs that were to be joining them later that very day. Her kidnapping actually led to as many as hundreds of thousands of lives saved. :jordan:

Yet.

We have no idea how important the alliance Perrin made with the Seachan will be in the next book or two.

I just have to keep reminding myself that it wasn't that long of a plot in Perrin time....

Just in every other sort of time. :wacko:

True, still don't enjoy that plotline though. It is the one plotline Ive never been able to read all the way through. The emo and having to read about Sevanna stops me every time. I could put up with Sevanna in a chapter every now and then, but to have to read several chapters with her in it is just to much to bear.

Rand

(When chasing Couladin into Cairhenan - or however its spelt) Skimming is not a 'once-a-book' trick. Skim ahead to the Spine of the world or Cairhenan city itself, sit down, have a frigging tea party and wait for the bugger.

Min - good idea. Avi - Okayish idea. Elayne - ummmmmm

Drop into the Black Tower now and then. Say hi, kiss a baby, notice the evil cabal of kinda evil people, etc.

Asmodean

Servants can fetch drinks too... they like it in fact, give it a shot.

It's rude to refer to someone simply as 'You'. Say their name

Narg

No need to go to Two Rivers mate. You accrued some Long Service Leave, go on a cruise or something

Sea Folk

D.I.A.F

Alana

Yup... bond the Dragon Reborn. Great idea, that's gonna work out well...

Bela

When you see Suian get on your back RUN! Jump over puppies and stuff... it'll be frigging hillarious

Nynaeve

(When plonking Elaynes head in the bucket of water when she's dwunk) Letting her up for air is not actually compulsory

Moiraine

A long stick works great for pushing people through doorways also

Gawyn

You're an awesome guy and everything but use your frigging brain/braincell !!

Mat

Whoever you're thinking of rescuing...don't.... (except Moiraine)

The Borderland Rulers

Going walkies with Tarmon Gaidon approaching huh... nice...

Having a mind blank so that all for now....

Haha, nice. Especially Bella and the Borderlanders "going walkies."

@ Leah J, I absoutely second the point of Rand and his hand, while it's realistic in a sense, I was very sad about the entire fiasco. Another moment: Cadsuane ever leaving her exile (though realistically later plotines couldn't have been formed/developed).

Right, putting an end to the Shaido as a military threat, establishing a link between perrin and a high-ranking Seanchan officer, getting the Two rivers folk including Tam back in action, providing perrin with about 100000 people to care for, which will push Perrin towards accepting his leadership, instead of whining about people calling him lord, getting rid of Masema and his naughty bunch, pushing Perrin towards starting to do something about him being a wolfbrother...Completely useless things that will have no impact on the greater story...

Archived