DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

At what moment in the Wheel of Time do you wish you could actually tell a character to change a decision?

The Dirty Landry

I thought this might be a fun topic before the new book comes out.

For me, this question is easy. I wish Perrin had told all the women in his entourage to accompany him to Abila to talk to Masema, and thereby avoid the horrible, horrible Plotline of Doom. With Faile and the others with Perrin, there would have been no kidnapping. One can dream.

What about you guys?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though this technically happened before the story started:

I wish i could go back and prevent the idiots from opening the bore to begin with.

Not me; if you did that, there would be no books :)

The only thing I REAAAALLLY dislike so far is that Rand has no hand. I was wondering if they'd get Semirhage to heal it or teach Nynaeve super-healing somehow, but no, Semirhage had to go and escape and get herself killed before providing anything of use at all.

Now THIS is a fun topic!!! (Of course, hindsight and rewriting history are always fun things, lol)-Few of mine:

1 Perrin - soooo should have picked Berelain over Faile in the Stone.

2 Elayne - should have begged Rand to Balefire her.

3 Rand - should have toasted Lanfear when he had the chance at The Docks.

4 Rand - should have done SOMETHING about Taim a LONG time ago!!!

5 Perrin - should have stuffed Faile in a package and mailed her back to Saldea.

I'm sure I'll think of more, lol.

Fish

Stopped Mat from tying up Tylin before escaping Ebou Dar.(I hated to see her go the way she did)

Have Pedron Niall send word to Elayne from Morgase.(Pen a letter, we'll see it gets to your daughter, so she knows your safe).

Tell Rand to keep Loial's mom there for a few more days (or weeks) or whatever so that story could have been wrapped up sooner.

Faile: Don't run away from home.

I like your style.

-Another one: Stupid Aes Sedai...There are no such thing as dark-eyed Aiel. So OBVIOUSLY Rand didn't send anybody to attack Demira. Maybe just communicating like normal people would be effective for once, hmmmm? Maybe without your "confrontation", I wouldn't have to hear Rand talk about being in a box for the next 6 books. Thanks.

Faile: Don't run away from home.

I like your style.

-Another one: Stupid Aes Sedai...There are no such thing as dark-eyed Aiel. So OBVIOUSLY Rand didn't send anybody to attack Demira. Maybe just communicating like normal people would be effective for once, hmmmm? Maybe without your "confrontation", I wouldn't have to hear Rand talk about being in a box for the next 6 books. Thanks.

YES! Oh, Light! I get so sick of hearing about the box!

1. Faile missing the boat when trying to chase after Perrin, Moraine and co. thus saving us from the 3 chapters of Perrin's pitiful whining

2. Rand ignoring Elayne's advances in the Stone or using balefire on her out of disgust and insult

3. Min & Rand love affair, I like Min but <3 Aviendha, let her just be an advisor

4. The fact that Cadsuane is still alive (everyone assumes she is dead, why can't she actually be dead)

5. Aviendha becoming a Wise One instead staying as a Maiden

Never: free will and determinism are the biggest theme of these books, and if the characters didn't make stupid mistakes that point would be totally lost.

wow, over serious much? I obviously don't mean this seriously, its meant to be a fun discussion of moments or characters that annoy you in the series. I wouldn't really want the books to change at all.

To be honest there is nothing really i would have stop them from doing. One thing that did bother me (and still does) is that Rand didn't kill Lanfear at the docks. I've always thought that was just a p#&sy moment on his part. But than again, maybe that's why he started going down the hill after that - that whole event does seem to resonate with me with all its consequences and to be very realistic.

Mat, his dual with gawyn and galad,

he should not have stoped the killing blows :p

But then Siuan wouldn't have gotten out of the tower. How about telling all the Shaido Aiel in ACoS to focus only on killing Gawyn? That would've been nice. When I saw that Gawyn had chapter 4 in TGS, I was like "crap! Now I know this d-bag is gonna have a big part in the book."

Now THIS is a fun topic!!! (Of course, hindsight and rewriting history are always fun things, lol)-Few of mine:

5 Perrin - should have stuffed Faile in a package and mailed her back to Saldea.

Fish

wow fish exactly what i was guna say!

More fun...

1. Rand - On day one, I'd tell him not to trust Egwene EVER.

2. Rand - Screw Elayne. Let the biatch try to wrestle her throne away from Rahvin on her own since she's so unappreciative of your help.

3. Nynaeve - Screw Egwene Leave her obnoxious butt in a collar..both you and Rand will be better off.

4. Nynaeve - Screw Lan. Go find a man who doesn't drag you down. He worships his dead owner more than he cares about you. You deserve better.

5. Rand - Screw Aviendha. The woman is a few beers short of a six pack and she's more interested in bedding and devoting herself to Elayne than to you. Let them marry and either stay with Min or find someone who doesn't end up putting you in more danger than you already face.

6. Min - Just because you have a vision doesn't mean people have to try to make it happen. Convincing Rand to bow down to Cadsuane was pure idiocy. You betrayed him and you deserve a good kick in the pants for it. Get your loyalties straight or get the hell away from him, you moron.

7. Cadsuane - YOINK! You won't be needing these ter'angreal anymore, wench. Let's see how badarse you are when you aren't in god mode...

8. Elaida - On the day Egghead was captured...EXECUTE HER, YOU STUPID BIATCH! If you don't have enough brains to do that, at least send her to a farm to work or still her. Gods, what a moron.

9. Rand, on the day he began the moronic list - Forget the list. Stop being a doofus. When you encounter someone evil, you kill. What manner of genitalia the evil person had makes no difference. Likewise, women can fight and you agreed to allow some of them to guard you. Let them. If they die, they die. They knew what they were volunteering for. It was their CHOICE.

10. Mat - Don't let Egwene manipulate you, dude. Take your army with you...the last thing you want it to have Egwene influencing or using them.

11. Nynaeve, when she was considering running away from Salidar: GO! NOW!! Throw your bloody ring away and show people what a channeler with some brains, skill, and heart can really do. And remember why you didn't want to be Aes Sedai in the first place!

12. Nynaeve (the day Egwene terrified her in TAR): Slap the crap out of that little wench. Don't let her turn the tables on you because she's only trying to cover her own butt and gets off on hurting you. Don't let her have that power over you.

13. Narishma, the day Merise bonded him: Don't do it. Unless, of course, you really are nothing but a spineless, ball-less, nothing excuse for a man.

14. Rand, regarding the Asha'man bonding the Aes Sedai: Look, you dimwit, they went there intending to kill YOUR men. It was either slaughter them (which you forbade) or bond them. Get over yourself. You owe the AS nothing. You owe Egwene NOTHING. Don't you dare sell your men into slavery in order to make reparations to people who should be making reparations to YOU. You don't need them. Between the Sea Folk, the Wise Ones, and the AS sworn to you, you have more than the Tower could offer you. Tell them they can get on the bandwagon and follow your lead or they can sit around play pillow friend games till TG is over. Stop being such a pansy.

15. Faile - Perrin is as dumb as a box of rocks. If you want him to start behaving in the way you want, you're going to have to sit him down and explain it to him in terms a gnat could understand. Twice. Perhaps three times. Then, when he still doesn't get it and stares at you with that blank look, punch him until he does what you want. Hey, it worked once, didn't it?

Fish

wow fish exactly what i was guna say!

I is Flattered!!! :-)

Fish

The one thing that leaps to my mind is this: I'd like to take all of the Aes Sedai that Elayne and Nynaeve were "teaching" about Tel'aran'rhiod, slap them a few times for good measure, and say: "Listen up, you idiots, the ability to channel here doesn't mean squat; anyone with decent control and a fertile enough imagination can duplicate anything you do. This is like learning to channel all over again, when the slightest mistake can KILL you, KILL your friends, maybe KILL everyone! You are novices again, and until you get more experience, everyone's lives depend on doing as you are flaming TOLD! Now stop acting like spoiled children, or Mara's Three foolish kings, and act like intelligent adults, follow what they tell you, and maybe keep everyone alive and whole..."

Archived