DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Bonding

matthew

Knife of Dreams Chapter19 Vows

Cadsuane glided down the room, her smooth face sternly composed. "What does he feel?" she demanded of Min. "Don't toy with me, girl. You know the cost of that. I know that he bonded you, and you know I know. Is he afraid?"

Did Rand bond Min, or is this just an odd phrasing for him being bonded to Aviendha, Elayne, and Min?

No answer to your question, but with all the bonding between two channeling people I always wondered why nobody thinks of a two way bonding - as far as we know.

ashamen with their wives are the closest to that arent they?

No!

its the same bond the ashaman use on the AS (unlikeky they discoverd 2 different ways of bonding).

And THAT bond is some sort of permanent compulsion if the ashaman wants to, but i see no way for the bonded-one to control the ashaman ^^ => no 'equal' bonding

Hmm, yes, a fully two way bond does not exist (though the compulsive part of a bond on a male channeler can fail miserably if they are holding Saidin). But there is no reason as far as I can tell that bonds have to be dominated by one party. That is, the compulsion inherent in the bond seems to be more of a flaw in the process than a requirement.

Sart, since their powers work completely differently and we know they have a much more compulsive form of bonding then it is also possible they created a less compulsive one as well.

Hmm, yes, a fully two way bond does not exist (though the compulsive part of a bond on a male channeler can fail miserably if they are holding Saidin). But there is no reason as far as I can tell that bonds have to be dominated by one party. That is, the compulsion inherent in the bond seems to be more of a flaw in the process than a requirement.

Sart, since their powers work completely differently and we know they have a much more compulsive form of bonding then it is also possible they created a less compulsive one as well.

yes youre right, but it doesnt change the fact that we have not yet seen a *two way bond*. but i realy would like to, its a nice idea to be able to be connected to someone you like in this manner.

No answer to your question, but with all the bonding between two channeling people I always wondered why nobody thinks of a two way bonding - as far as we know.

ashamen with their wives are the closest to that arent they?
No!

its the same bond the ashaman use on the AS (unlikeky they discoverd 2 different ways of bonding).

And THAT bond is some sort of permanent compulsion if the ashaman wants to, but i see no way for the bonded-one to control the ashaman ^^ => no 'equal' bonding

Actually, there is a difference between the bond the Asha'man use on their wives and that used on the AS. The compulsive aspects of the bond, the "extra bit", are not present in wife bonds. That said, you are correct that neither is a two way bond, as far as we know. The wife bond probably is the closest.

Elayne and Avienda have a bond don't they? They are bonded equally to each other. It was done by the aiel wise ones.

well, yeah i gues your right o.O its a very light binding (they cant feel each other strongly) but they are bonded, in a way ;p

and they dont get benefits like being more healthy or shadowspawn sensors

Perhaps a combination of the two bonds could be used, after all she used that bond to get min to bond rand, even though min cannot channel.

Btw Sartyva, a captivity counter? They don't make Roman numerals that go up high enough for what the final number is going to be, just give up before you break the internet or go insane :tongue:

i womder if the BA knows the aes sedai equivilent to the ashaman's aes sedai bond, it was discussed that it is not hard, and rather easy, to alter it so they would have to do what you say no mater what, and that sounds exactly like the ashamans, aes sedai bond.

rand is bonded by min

cads simply knows they are bonded to each other

rand being able to channle and Min not being able to do so lets her conclude that rand has bonded min

Back on topic... It just now came to me that this fact might have dire consequences. Consider, what if Cadsuane doesn't go all out to protect Min one time, accepting her death as collateral damage, only to find out too late that Rand is then afflicted by the Warder-death-rage?

Archived