DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Idea on Egwene's Candidates for Mesaana

spoke

Mehan, Teramina and Jamilila are the three Aes Sedai Egwene identifies as potential candidates for Mesaana-hood.

There were seen after the battle, but were not in the tower for the re-swearing, nor were they on Verin's list.

I propose that this was a clever mis-direction by Brandon. These three were not black ajah, and are not Mesaana. Instead they were assassinated by the blood-knives. Remember there are four still in the tower area with missions to kill as many Marath'damane following the initial Raid. I think that these three did not flee the tower, but are casualties to these blood-knives.

Your thoughts?

Also remember that Mesaana (or someone) got all the Tower BA out of there before Egwene got in. If some good Aes Sedai got in their way or started asking questions, it's easy to assume that they'd have gotten smoked as the baddies ran for the exits.

Looking into what happened to those ones may give Egwene another clue that will help lead her to Mesaana.

ahh, that would be a good misdirection if those three were just killed by blood-knives and that is why they are missing.

i would love to see some more action from the blood-knives. not that I particularly want to see any more AS assassinated, but they are just a really cool idea for bad guys, too cool to only get that one scene in which Suian kills one of them.

ahh, that would be a good misdirection if those three were just killed by blood-knives and that is why they are missing.

i would love to see some more action from the blood-knives. not that I particularly want to see any more AS assassinated, but they are just a really cool idea for bad guys, too cool to only get that one scene in which Suian kills one of them.

Cool enough for one of them to kill Gawyn after Egwene bonds him?

Didn't Brandon say in an interview, that Egwene is on the correct track?

If that is correct, doesn't that make the original poster's proposition false?

No. Egwene decides for various reasons that those three are unlikely, yet she never considers that they might be Black Ajah--her being on the right track supports the idea that they were taken out by Bloodknives.

I propose that this was a clever mis-direction by Brandon. These three were not black ajah, and are not Mesaana. Instead they were assassinated by the blood-knives.

I really like this idea, I think it's likely to be true.

I almost think that Halima put light compulsion on Egwene so that she will tend to ignore Mesaana/her identity and that a bloodknife will end up stabbing mesaana and killing her

Strong willed people can escape even full compulsion given enough time. I don't think any minor compulsion would effect Egwene for more than an hour, if that.

I believe Bloodknifes are very short lived, they have only days or hours from the moment they activate their 'power stone'.

you won't have them lurking in the WT for long.

Actually, according to Sanderson if they (Bloodknives) remove the rings, they can stretch it by /weeks/. So yes, they could still be around.

Also we don't know if they activated their ter'angreal during the attack or whether some of them are saving it for later.

I thought Tuon activated their ter'angreal somehow.

I doubt Mesaana is a Black Ajah member -- it would be a little too obvious to the other Black Aes Sedai, right?

I propose that this was a clever mis-direction by Brandon. These three were not black ajah, and are not Mesaana. Instead they were assassinated by the blood-knives.

I really like this idea, I think it's likely to be true.

I almost think that Halima put light compulsion on Egwene so that she will tend to ignore Mesaana/her identity and that a bloodknife will end up stabbing mesaana and killing her

Strong willed people can escape even full compulsion given enough time. I don't think any minor compulsion would effect Egwene for more than an hour, if that.

yes but we have seen Elayne and Nyn get light compulsion and still see Nyn want to obey Mog even when they are duelling. I think it depends on how natural an act it is for the perosn whether or not it fades quickly or if it hangs on

yes but we have seen Elayne and Nyn get light compulsion and still see Nyn want to obey Mog even when they are duelling. I think it depends on how natural an act it is for the perosn whether or not it fades quickly or if it hangs on

That's true but in this case not only is Egwene bound and determined to root out the Black Ajah but she's had rather a lot more training and experience than Nynaeve and Elayne had back then.

Personally I think that Mesaana will be someone that we are somewhat familiar with.I don't think that she will be a new character to the story.Alanna Mosvani is a long shot but my candidate!I believe it is Alviarin that says something about Mesaana being absent from the tower for extended periods of time(I could be wrong about who was talking about that).

That's true but in this case not only is Egwene bound and determined to root out the Black Ajah but she's had rather a lot more training and experience than Nynaeve and Elayne had back then.

I dont think training would help much when you get compulsion laid upon you. unless you get trained to detect compulsion

as for her rootign out the black ajah, she is determined but she seems trusting yet so i think that the compulsion would feed off of that to make her just glance over a candidate for mesaana because she doesnt think that mesaana could possibly be that person

I think Mesana is actually Laras "Mistress of the Kitchens" and this is why:

1. In TGS, Laras snuck up behind Egwene when her head was in the pot and if Egwene didn't see Laras in the reflection, even Egwene wondered why she was sneaking up on her.

2. When Laras was taking Egwene to her hiding spot (a hole in the ground, come on saddam hussein?), she noticed Laras moved very lightly and quietly on her feet, but when Egwene refused her offer to escape afterwards she noticed that Laras moved with more noise (Mesana in disguise with inverted weaves?)

3. Laras was very insistent that Egwene escape, why?

Laras would have escaped the testing because not being an Aes Sedai, Accepted or Novice she would not be tested on the Oath Rod and who would think the head cook would be a Forsaken?

That's my $.02 worth.

Archived