DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Worshipful Praise Thread

joeybsmash

Spaced. The greatest sitcom ever and now unlikely to return.

The new Battlestar Galactica. Science fiction TV as it should be, entertaining but politically and philosophically interesting with some great characterisation.

George MacDonald Fraser's Flashman novels. Relentlessly funny but also extremely historically accurate.

ummm, Wheel of Time??? I think this would be a fitting place to praise Robert Jordan as well, and Tolkien with LotR, and Peter Jackson, and Jackie Chan (prolly my fav movie star), and of course Matt Damon, and the Bourne movies (I is looking forward to the new one), and we all love Tom Cruise (even though as of yet I haven't seen any of the Mission Impossible Movies), and of course we must add Pirates of the Carribean, along with Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. Of course, we must have Noel Appleby here, don't tell me you don't know who he is, he's the guy that acted Everard Proudfoot in LotR, and the woman who played his wife, Megan Edwards. Also, we must include Michael Elsworth, another actor from LotR, he played the Gondorian Archivist in the Fellowship, when Gandalf went to Gondor to look at all those papers. And, last but most certainly not least, Christopher Lee. I will put more later, but these are enoguh to praise for the moment.

I praise Ill Nino for making kick ass latin metal, Terry Goodkind for being the best author in the known world, Staind for being an awesome band, President Bush for refusing to meet with the Phsycotic Prez from Iran, myself for making great headway in my book lol, the dudes who made the Eragon movie(which already looks better than the book), and Jim Butcher and Brandon Sanderson for releasing awesome fantasy books.

I'm going to go with Zakk Wylde here. From his work with Ozzy, to Pride and Glory, his solo album, and Black Label Society, the man rarely dissappoints. (There's no excuse for the song You Must Be Blind, though. :lol: ) He also has to be one of the hardest working guys in the business. He's had an album coming out just about every year since 1998, as well as an Ozzy album, touring with both his bands and Ozzy, and a number of guest appearences.

So rock on Zakk. :twisted:

Also, praise for George R.R. Martin for Song of Ice and Fire. I just finished Storm of Swords and I'm on my second run through until I can get Feast for Crows. He may have killed off some of my favorite characters, but that only has made me love the story more. :shock:

Praise? That is a very powerful word and not to be taken lightly. How about "shout-out?"

Here's to the guy to which every current animal show poser can owe their fortunes to.

Steve Irwin. He is a hero sports figures can't come close to.

How can a basketball, soccer or football player touch millions around the world by dribbling, kicking or throwing? We can all recall a moment of "Crikey" before that of a sports figure. I'll always remember scenes of wacky snake chases, elephant adventures and a man having fun with his life while indirectly including me in it.

It makes me sad. :(

Archived