DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Age of Legands stories

Ozzie_aiel

Recently I've been getting into the Horus Heresy books, and it occurred to me what a good idea it was. For those who don't know, the Horus Heresy novels are a series of prequals of the Warhammer 40K world, sent in a time and place so different its barely recognisable.

Would the idea work with the Age of Legends? Stories about the War of Power, things like the assault on the bore, Demandred going over to the shadow, all those stories we see bits ofin the main story but fleshed out.

I think it would work, and I'd be more than eager to read them. What about you?

Recently I've been getting into the Horus Heresy books, and it occurred to me what a good idea it was. For those who don't know, the Horus Heresy novels are a series of prequals of the Warhammer 40K world, sent in a time and place so different its barely recognisable.

Would the idea work with the Age of Legends? Stories about the War of Power, things like the assault on the bore, Demandred going over to the shadow, all those stories we see bits ofin the main story but fleshed out.

Well, there is more than enough interesting material within the WOT-Verse to fill dozens of spinoff books. We know that early on RJ was adamant about NO MORE books about WOT after finishing the series. He DID always say ''you never know'' though ... this led to ''New Spring'' and his announcement that he did plan 2 more ''Outrigger'' novels to complete what would be a ''Spinoff Trilogy''

Book 1 of the Trilogy was ''New Spring''

Book 2 was to be about Mat and Tuon

Book 3 was to be about Moiraine and Lan during the time between New Spring and Eye of the World.

Obviously, Mr Jordan has passed.

I think the future of any more WOT books outside of the already-planned encyclopedia in a few years depends most heavily on:

Harriet, Tom and Brandon feeling like Brandon could do them justice, feeling like a market is still there for them, and Brandon having an interest doing them after this massive progect and alongside his own very busy career.

Thats the scoop as I know it. Feel free to correct me, anybody, if my memory is failing me ;)

Fish

Well, there is more than enough interesting material within the WOT-Verse to fill dozens of spinoff books. We know that early on RJ was adamant about NO MORE books about WOT after finishing the series. He DID always say ''you never know'' though ... this led to ''New Spring'' and his announcement that he did plan 2 more ''Outrigger'' novels to complete what would be a ''Spinoff Trilogy''

Book 3 was to be about Moiraine and Lan during the time between New Spring and Eye of the World.

I think the future of any more WOT books outside of the already-planned encyclopedia in a few years depends most heavily on:

Harriet, Tom and Brandon feeling like Brandon could do them justice, feeling like a market is still there for them, and Brandon having an interest doing them after this massive progect and alongside his own very busy career.

Thats the scoop as I know it. Feel free to correct me, anybody, if my memory is failing me ;)

Fish

Actually that is just a bit off Fish, sorry mate. Book 2 was to be how Tam found Rand on Dragonmount during the Aiel War. Book 3 is how Moraine and Lan arrived in the Two Rivers at the right time. The outriggers were to be about Mat and Tuon set in Seanchan.

Fish

Actually that is just a bit off Fish, sorry mate. Book 2 was to be how Tam found Rand on Dragonmount during the Aiel War. Book 3 is how Moraine and Lan arrived in the Two Rivers at the right time. The outriggers were to be about Mat and Tuon set in Seanchan.

Thats exactly right - thanks for jarring my (often shaky) memory, lol ;)

Fish

Fish

Thats exactly right - thanks for jarring my (often shaky) memory, lol ;)

Fish

HA no worries, my short term or any term memory isn't exactly what it could be!

Archived