DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Funniest part in book 1-5?

AnaifelleLothoraies

One part that made me actually laugh out loud was when Perrin and Egwene are with Elyas. Perrin was confused by something that Egwene was doing and she said something along the lines of "I'm practicing to be a woman. Don't you practice being a man?" Perrin responds with, "I don't practice being man. I simply am." And to that Egwene responds with, "That's why you are so bad at it." I know it's probably not a side splitter to anyone else but then again I have a strange sense of humor.

This isn't the funniest, but I like Rand, Mat, and Perrin's bumbling with women and how they wish they knew what the other would do in a situation like the one they're in. And towards the end of Eye of the World, Perrin makes that quip to Egwene about dancing with Aram. Making Egwene leave Rand alone and enforcing Rand's belief that Perrin always knows how to handle women.

I think it's one of the earlier books - (The Shadow Rising?), when Elayne, Nynaeve, Thom, and Juilin are in Tanchico searching for the Black Ajah, and Elayne ends up getting drunk. (probably the fault of that silly, cute-looking server dude who kept giving her drinks.)

I think the whole Tylin/Mat thing was just hilarious, too... Poor Mat. Pink ribbons... :P

you guys have covered a lot of the funny parts I like that I'll not bother to repeat, but I laughed out loud at several of the scenes between Aviendha and Rand when she was trying to hate him. In particular, I was cracking up when she said:

"I am listening Rand al'Thor, since you wish me to be silent." She smiled around gritted teeth. "Do you not enjoy having me listen to you?"

• 2 weeks later...

can't say there is a lot of good humor in the serie, the misunderstandings from Mat when dealing with Tuon are funny. On the other hand the Mat character, who has a lot of a fox, should give more oportunities for pranks (as always refered to in their youth).

Like the humor of the diskworld novels from Terry Pratchett, something inbetween these two would make the ideal fiction for me.

I really liked Asmodean carrying Rand's banner with a sullen glower on his face, and then, Rand later explaining, "You're the Bannerman because you were Chosen." For some reason, that tore me up. Still does. :lol:

Aviendha obnoxiously explaining to Rand how to eat cracked me up as well. Like Rumor, who posted earlier, I laughed a lot throughout their courtship.

off the top of my head i like the scene where its perrin and mat and i think theyre talking to loial about a girl one of them liked, and perrin goes "she had a face like a goat" and mat just cant come back to it at all, especially shes apparently very pretty. i think its funny cos i could imagine any one of my mates doing the same thing with a perfectly straight face

• 2 weeks later...

One of the funnier scenes is when Rand and Mat are waiting in the tent for Moraine to come back from Rhuedian in the Waste.

They keep telling Rand to eat and he says no so finally one of them gets so angry that she throws the bread at Rand and Matt catches it out of mid air and eats it.

I can just picture this scene in my head and it makes me laugh so hard. I'm not sure why but that scene is classic.

Not sure which book' date=' but when mat saves the aes sedai in tear and they act like it was his 'civic duty', and he freaks out about bacon or sumthing...[/quote']

Nynueve and Elane both act like he didn't do anything for them. He only broke into an impenetrable fortress evaded guards and freed them. That was highlarious, then later when Birgitte makes them see the light was great too.

I'd also like to say the Rand/Mat/Perrin being better at girls than each other was classic. Everytime I read those parts I laugh.

• Community Administrator
I love the time all the Maidens are talking about how Rand has no sense of humor, and he turns and tells them a joke, and none of them get it. Its such a perfect microcosm of life.

Hehe, that was a funny scene. What was funnier is the fact that the Maidens joke was actually funny, where as rands was 'huh?'.

I really liked Asmodean carrying Rand's banner with a sullen glower on his face' date=' and then, Rand later explaining, "You're the Bannerman because you were Chosen." For some reason, that tore me up. Still does. :lol: [/quote']

Yeah I remember that scene... very funny. There are a lot of funny moments. I can only really remember the ones in the later books. Like Mat and Tuon's relationship. The whole thing is hilarious. Oh and how Tylin calls Mat her little Piglet. So cute. Rand and Aviendha's relationship is also very humorous all though I am too lazy to look up the specific moments. I think a lot of the humor comes from the awkward nature between the men and women. Plus the Aiel are some of the funniest people in the series. Even though I do not really understand there humor I just like how they are a "smiling people" even though they do not show much emotion. They just seem to be good natured and make light of a tough situation. Very cool.

Archived