DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"A Place to Begin" - tGS SPOILER ALERT

NetSlider

Note: Hopefully the right section of forum to post. Be adviced, has a spoiler(s) from tGS (for those who still didn't read it - come on people, get to it! :biggrin: )

Something I’ve noticed while re-listening tGS. In “A Place to Begin” chapter while Rand talks with Morid he realizes that while thinking about Mat and Perrin he does not see the visions of them. He notes that it seemed right to him. And he also realizes that he feels more complete and LT is quiet.

So, here is my thought – we know (or at least take it as a fact) that the visions that “three amigos” have of each other have something to do with them being taveran. We also know now that LT and Rand were always the same person (thus not two different threads in the pattern, though now that it’s in the open it seems to be the only logical conclusion ). So it is clear that pattern in involved here but then why does it not appear in the world of dreams? Is it because it is outside the patter? And if so, does that mean that maybe DO’s prison is also in the world of dreams (maybe)? It does fit with Lanfear the one who freed DO in AoL (after all, she claim WoD as her domain). And then there’s ability that DO grants in connection to WoD and the whole Aiel believe that entering it in flesh “takes away your humanity” (or such). Put together with the theory about “Unseen Eyes” it also comes all together.

Tel'aranrhiod is outside the pattern. The DO is outside the pattern. The creator is outside the pattern. Shayol Ghul might have a reflection, but I doubt the Bore has.

I don't really quite get what you mean by the DO granting special abilities in TAR - are you referring to Slayer? That seems to be a special case.

Tel'aranrhiod is outside the pattern. The DO is outside the pattern. The creator is outside the pattern. Shayol Ghul might have a reflection, but I doubt the Bore has.

I don't really quite get what you mean by the DO granting special abilities in TAR - are you referring to Slayer? That seems to be a special case.

I was not aware of Tel'aranrhiod was outside the pattern (when was this confirmed?) but i always thought it kind of was. In regards to Slayer, exception it might be that we know of, but the bottom line is that he does have that ability (and if he has it more people might be granted the same). as far as creator goes, i guess he is outside of patter, but he is outside of everything as well, one might say.

what i'm talking about is that WoD is outside of pattern and it seems that bad guys made it their domain (Ishy was getting to Rand and others through it instead of traveling, at least from what we saw). And i'm not going to be surprised if WoD will be involved in the last battle to a VERY LARGE DEGREE (Rand vs. DO in there or something).

Verin has been stating the opposite while presenting TAR to Egwene. She says that there are parallels Worlds that never cross each other (as the one accessoble through Portal Stone) and TAR cross each of them. Which is why it is so maleable at will. T'A'R is the reflexion of all those Worlds. If the DO is free in one World, he is free in all of them. And the opposite is true. So I think the Pattern has multiple layers, as it takes all of those Worlds into account (with the one we know as the "prime" world, so to say) and T'A'R rounding them all. The DO is trapped inside the Pattern, and T'A'R is also related to the Pattern IMO.

Verin has been stating the opposite while presenting TAR to Egwene. She says that there are parallels Worlds that never cross each other (as the one accessoble through Portal Stone) and TAR cross each of them. Which is why it is so maleable at will. T'A'R is the reflexion of all those Worlds. If the DO is free in one World, he is free in all of them. And the opposite is true. So I think the Pattern has multiple layers, as it takes all of those Worlds into account (with the one we know as the "prime" world, so to say) and T'A'R rounding them all. The DO is trapped inside the Pattern, and T'A'R is also related to the Pattern IMO.

But isn't it true that the DO's prison is outside the patter so he is not part of the patter. Plus, Veris might have been wrong (we know now that just because AS believe that something is right it does not make it so).

Archived