DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand going dolally on the Spray

kilika

The first time rand channeled he healed Bela of fatigue when fleeing the Two Rivers.

He suffered a sickness from touching the True Source unguided in the form of 'bout of reckless bravado with a trio of whitecloaks'.

And the next incident of him channeling I can see is when he calls down lightening against Howal Gode, and he suffers a form of sickness from that too.

So my question is, what was that all about on the Spray?

You will all remember he goes a bit loopy and hangs on to the top of the mast nearly falling, then zip lines it down the rigging and does a tumble at the end.

It seems to me that this must have happened as a direct cause of him channeling, but it can't have been from Bela, so when did he channel?

Or was he just being cocky and happy at being free / up so high?

Sorry if this has been asked before, i did have a quick wee look, if it has just gimme a link to the relevant page.

Cheers.

ah, that makes so much sense :) cause the trolloc is like sitting on top of him and he couldnt get to his sword, and gelb said he did tie the boom up

excellent

cheers majsju

it was just bugging me on my reread

to be honest it was a bit silly to start reading the eye of the world so close to towers of midnight coming out

:/

I get confused after Gode. Did Rand heal Mat? There seems to be two episodes there.

Nah. The sequence goes...

1. Healing Bela = Whitecloak taunting.

2. Swinging Boom of Death = Mast Related Acrobatics

3. Lightning To Kill Gode = Random Fever (When Mili Skaine tries to kill them)

4. Taking Control of the Eye of the World = Dazed Short Term Memory Loss

It's suggested (and I think it very likely) that Rand channeled to gain them access to the Eye of the World so far from the Mountains of Doom/in the presense of one who had already been to the Eye. The description is very telling--but if this was a channeling, it had no effect/its effect combined with the fight over the control of the Eye in the final effect before he gained mastery of his touchings of the source.

I get confused after Gode. Did Rand heal Mat? There seems to be two episodes there.

Nah. The sequence goes...

1. Healing Bela = Whitecloak taunting.

2. Swinging Boom of Death = Mast Related Acrobatics

3. Lightning To Kill Gode = Random Fever (When Mili Skaine tries to kill them)

4. Taking Control of the Eye of the World = Dazed Short Term Memory Loss

It's suggested (and I think it very likely) that Rand channeled to gain them access to the Eye of the World so far from the Mountains of Doom/in the presense of one who had already been to the Eye. The description is very telling--but if this was a channeling, it had no effect/its effect combined with the fight over the control of the Eye in the final effect before he gained mastery of his touchings of the source.

This is something I never fully understood. So, if I read what you said right... Rand reaching for the Source near the user of the Eye made them link with it, and when Rand had control his lack of experience caused him to let go of the Eye, so he basically just got rid of it... is that right?

Archived