DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dexter Season 5

Red2111

moved from "Dexter Season 4" thread

so did anyone catch the new episode??

was actually kinda meh, more on the closure for Rita's plot influence and building up Dex's cahracter a bit for how he will go.

one thing though. about time Quinn!!! About frickin time :biggrin: i've been waiting for those two to get together since season 2 lmao

I actually do not like the two of them together. It is too easy of a plot point.

I thought the episode was alright. I don't mind the closure because they had to do it.

I think his sister finds out just what he is this season.

I streamed Episode 1 on Megavideo, but lately it's been doing this extremely annoying thing where I watch around 15 minutes and it tells me I've been watching for 72...which is completely false! My internet sucks in my dorm, so I have to go either on campus, or to a coffee shop to watch it. I just finished downloading it, so I'll get back to you soon.

well i didn't expect them to get rid of Astor & cody that fast, but i guess it's needed to stop from dragging out the Rita thing much more. this season is pickign up really slow ... almost in a boring way. next episode looks promising though, much more a typical Dex episode than not. also, i'm waiting for this seasons "challenge" by now this person should have been introduced ... i can't see this dead animal guy being the main focus for the show ... so i'm hoping this person is introduced soon (unless its Quinn ... which would make sense *nods*)

i have to say, i'm not impressed with Batista's reaction. i totally understand his feelings about sharing everything when you get married, but dude you've only been married for what 2 weeks, and you barely dated before then .... his reaction was way to over dramatic. its a retirement acount for crying out loud! if Batista does what i think he's goign to do, take the whole "what else are you hiding from me" route, i don't see their marrage lasting very long at all :rolleyes:

Emp - you say the two of them together is too easy of a plot point. How so? i think it throws alot into the mix, with Quinn increasingly gettign on Dex's case (last season with the money; and now this season with Rita's death and Kyle Butler ...) if Deb finds out what Dex really is, and she's in love with Quinn (which she easily does when she gets with a guy) it will give her character alot of strife and make her characters action rather pivitol to the entire plot of the story. will she believe Quinn, or will she protect Dex? if she protects Dex, will she become his new Harry? theres alot of potential for this story line and developing Dex further :)

• 2 weeks later...

mean to post this yesturday :rolleyes:

so theres two new characters i'm getting th creepy vibe off of. the helpful cop (the one whose neighborhood the ritual murders took place in) and especially the Nanny. i love the actress whose playing harrison's Nanny, she did wonderful as Catherine in Tudors.

however, her character in Dex is giving me a wierd vibe for some reason .... Deb brings up a very good point of looking into why she moved from Ireland. her not being there when Dex got home made my heart skip a beat.

also, intersting twist with the chick that road kill dude had captive ... will put a moral twist on the whole thing for Dex (no that he's not dealing with enough atm lmao) but i don't think she would have told on him considering what Road Kill dude was most likely doing with her. i guess the code prevents Dex from lettign her go though :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

last episode was good. seems like the story is taking a very interesting twist. it appears i lost an episode somewhere and showtime isn't doing re-runs :dry: which sucks... next weeks episode looks to be really interesting... you'd think Dex would have learned his lesson about partners though :unsure:

It seems to predictable. They team up and kill those that tortured her. She goes out of control and kills innocents. He kills her. The biggest different between this and the Smitts season is we will be more emotionally involved when he offs her.

I am liking the story though.

It seems to predictable. They team up and kill those that tortured her. She goes out of control and kills innocents. He kills her. The biggest different between this and the Smitts season is we will be more emotionally involved when he offs her.

I am liking the story though.

I doubt it. That would be too easy. My bet is that Dex will find his perfect match in Lumen. Someone who accepts him and is willing to follow the code. But just as things start looking happily ever after Quinn kills her when they are finishing off the last of the rapists. Dexter returns the favor and kills Quinn but Deb sees him and figures out everything.

I have the feeling that even if it doesn't turn out like this at the end of the season Deb will find that he is the butcher. I think the fact that she said she felt nothing when she killed one of the brothers was a hint for this

Killing Quinn would go against the code. I think the season does end with Deb figuring stuff out though.

Dexter makes his own code now. As we saw already we already made two exceptions to his code without a problem and I have no doubt he would be willing to kill Quinn if he is the one who kills Lumen

i wouldn't really clal Lumen an example of Dex making his own code; you have to understand where he's comming from. he lost Rita, who was turning him more human and allowing him to ignore his dark passenger for the most part. now this is ripped away and even though he still has his dark passenger there's a new whole he needs to fill in his life that only a partner can fill (sexual/emotional)

though he doesn't really recognize it, his psyche now craves a more emotional connection to someone, which is where Lumen has come in. Dex is constantly growing mroe & more attached to her, while she becomes mroe & more unstable.

Emp is right, in where this is headed eventually; once they kill off all her attackers, whe'll still have her own dark passenger who she's been feeding with revenge & killing. she'll either branch off on her own and kill an innocent, or she may decide to take out this PI or Quinn because of the threat they repersent to her new found balance. It will end in tradegy, where it's a mercy killing (like that of a rabid dog) on Dex's part; but i hate to see where it will take him both emotionally & psychologically.

with last episode, i think it's going to be Deb who finds out. theres now proof of Dex destroying bodies (he's become increasingly reckless with Lumen in the picture btw) the PI is a wild card, i think Deb will find the pics he took aroudn Quinns apartment and she's gonna flip on Quinn for having Dex followed then go ask Dex WTF he's doing dumping large black trash bags into the bay at night with some chick on his boat.

my one thought is, will Quinn connect what he see's on the photos to the old "Bay Harbor Butcher" case back in Season one, and will the PI try to retrieve the bags to see what's inside them.

Once Deb approaches Dex about the photo's, i expect another confrentation with Quinn and Dex maybe punching him or threatening to tell about quinn stealign the money; i also expect then, Dex will make the PI disappear even after Quinn has called him off. of course, in the promo for this sundays episode, we see someone breaking into Dex's old house with Lumen holding a knife. me thinks Lumen is about to stab the PI and take care of him for Dex lmao

The Deb and Dex confrontation will be great and I can not wait! I am going to assume she eventually will come to terms with what her brother does. I think deep down she knows already but is ignoring it.

I liked the end to this week's episode. Tick Tick Tick....Lumen...

Would Lumen ever turn on Dexter? That is another possibility. Lumen begins to see Dexter as a threat and he ends up on his own table... only to be rescued by his sister.

Liddy is an interesting character.

last weeks episode was great :biggrin: i enjoyed seeing Aster again, though i feel sorry for her, i love how Dex reacted to the whole situation. i think Dex is finally relaizing he's using Lumen to fill the void Rita left and that in order to overcome his "dark passenger" he's going to need the kids back in his life.

i can't see Lumen turnign on Dex, i still think it will end up with him having to put her out of her own misery; a mercy killing type thing cause she can't handle it. most likely it'll stretch into next season with that being Dex's major obsticle.

i dislike Liddy greatly, i think Quinn is goign to end up killing him. i still think eventually Quinn will have to die, but it seems there are bigger fish to fry now especially with Quinn having feelings for Deb. anyone else see Liddy as a Quinn in 10 years lmao

btw, Laguardez is really starting to urk my nerves and something about the baby sitter still doesn't sit right with me.

as for Debs confrintation with Dex ... i'm still wondering when Deb will pick up her search again into Harry's flings and discover whose Dex's mom was and the mess he was found in and connect him to the Ice Truck dude.

O....M.....G...... just OMG. thats all i can really say.

Liddy MUST GO!!!

i like the Dex & Lumen couple, i had guessed they'd be hooking up soon as you could cut the building sexual tension with a knife between them. it still makes me sad thoguh, cause i still think Dex will end up having to kill her.

i'm kinda unnerved by the parrellel case between Dex and the PD, as its certain these two trains will crash into one another and Dex will be exposed; it was a really close call last night. had dex not moved the kill room to the for sale house ... *shudders* and Liddy has to go. i keep hoping that Quinn will take care of him, but i just don't know.

and now Deb is thinking theres a Vig out there offing all the guys associated to the barrel killings; i knew when they found 13 DVD's but only 12 locks of hair she'd put this together. i'm wondering how long before Deb suspects Lumen, all that has to happen is for Deb to see her back, or comment on how much Lumen looks like the girls in the pictures.

also, this other girl, victim #1 ... at first i thought she'd make a nice fall girl for the vig, especially with Jordan apperantly killing her in the next weeks preview

2 more episodes!!! looks like Julia Styles will be back for Season 6 :baalzamon: i can't see Lumen's storyline being resolved in two episodes. then ending with Jordan will be very good to say the least, but i don't know how thay'll tope last seasons cliff hanger ... infact i'm a bit scared as to how they'll do it.

btw, i still don't have a good feelign abotu the baby sitter ....

oh and these are the titles for the last two episodes

"Hop a Freighter" airing on Dec 5th

"Through the Glass, Darkly" airing on Dec 12th

Dexter has been renewed for another season!

An official announcement is shortly expected confirming that Showtime drama "Dexter" has been renewed for a sixth season to begin airing late 2011 says The Hollywood Reporter.

Last Sunday's episode, the tenth of twelve in the current fifth season, pulled in a season high of 2.5 million viewers - up 43 per cent from the fifth season premiere.

Back in 2008 Showtime renewed Dexter for two further seasons (fourth and fifth). A dual season renewal wasn't made this time as cast contracts will expire at the conclusion of a sixth season (and thus will require a heavy round of renegotiations).

I just caught up!

This season is fantastic! Not quite as good as last season, but still excellent.

Red, I don't know what you're picking up about the Baby Sitter, but I highly doubt anything will happen with her plot line (unless Jordan kidnaps her & Harrison). I definitely don't think she's evil or anything. I don't know though, you could be right. I guess we will see!

Something awesome is going to happen with Liddy and I can't wait! He's going to die no matter what (I think).

I really like Quinn now; before I was a hater.

OMFG this season's ender can't top last seasons, but once this season picked up (about 4 epis into it) it steam rolled in the usual Dex fashion. i wont spoil it for you Krak, so i'm gonna use the spoiler tag. lets just say i can't wait for sunday!!!

since they have to renew contracts, do you think they'll just end the show next season. depending on how this ending comes up, which looks interesting to say the least, they could end it very easily next season. all nice and tidy like too :)

okay, so thank goodness Liddy is gone. i think next season is goign to be very interesting to say the least. Quinn knows Liddy had Dex in that Van, at least thats what Liddy hinted at, Quinn also has those pics of Dex and thers no telling if Liddy made digital copies of those videos. i think this is going to be the focus next season for sure. i wonder how the blood on Quinns show will come back into play.

i knew Jordan was gonna end up killing that chick (the 1st victim) but when Lumen showed up at the house i was waiting with baited breath for sure. also, two points of major interest from the sneak peek.

Jordan holding a gun and looking down into what appears to be a grave. could it be he makes Lumen dig her own grave after he takes his revenge on her; or maybe has Dex dispose of her body.

also, the very end of the sneak peak. Deb walks in on someone about to do a kill. now first i thought it was Dex, you can see his glove and it looks like a kill room; but i dunno. it could be Lumen, right before she kills Jordan; this option i liek more especailly with the whole focus on the vig from Deb's POV. i dunno though. i have a feeling that Lumen isn't going to survive though, which sucks for Dex.

Possibly the most worthless season finale I've ever seen...especially for a finale I was expecting so much from.

Towards the end I found myself really hoping Dex would kill Lumen, just so something would effing happen! I guess they didn't want to create comparisons/do the same thing as last season - like they didn't want to have Rita die in season 4 and then Lumen die in season 5. I can even dig the Quinn thing, but I can't believe Deb didn't find out, I was so ready for it!

• 2 weeks later...

If you compare this to last year's finale... yeah you are going to be let down.

However this wasn't such a bad ending. Lumen recognizes the monster in dexter and after she rids herself of her own demons she realizes she does not want to be with him.

We are also questioning if Deb really knows about her brother. You get the feeling she knows but doesn't want to know. I imagine this will be the main premise for next season.

• 3 months later...

Archived