DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello Everyone

Guest Penwortham

Guest Penwortham

I've been reading WOT for about 14 years and remember thinking, round about book 8 that I sincerely hoped that RJ would not meet with any fatal accident. When I heard the worst, I was stunned, horrified and desolate. How could such a creative genius (for such I firmly believe that he was) be struck down in his prime by an incurable disease so rare that most people have never heard of it? His heroic struggle moved me deeply. There is no justice in this world. Eventually, I was not all that thrilled by the decision to have BS complete the series because I didn't think his style, as exemplified by Mistborn was even remotely appropriate. Well, I was wrong and have been doing a re-read of the whole of WOT for some months now. To say that I am excited by the imminent arrival of TOM is an understatement. I tend to get very emotional when reading 'involving' stories, especially when I care about the characters, so despite my being a 57 year old male, the spoiler-free reviews I have read so far have made me decide to have a box of handkerchief tissues at my side. I cannot bear to think that my favourite character - Nynaeve - might be killed off. Leigh Butler's review (she rates Nynaeve as one of her favourites) makes me suspect that that might happen. O heck!!

Welcome Pen to DM! It's lovely to have you.

I am an emotional reader too, i'm extremely empathic by nature to the point where i can feel the emotions of the character, so far throughout WoT there have been multiple occasions that have touched a nerve.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards Pen :biggrin:

Ama

Archived