DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Event You Most Anticipate For TOM/AMOL

Luckers

I've changed my mind. The event I'm most anticipating is my pre-order of the book arriving first thing tomorrow along with a note from the publishers saying: "Given how long you have been waiting for this book, we the publishers thought we would reward you with the chance to have the book now."

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Mat meeting up with Egwene and Nyneave and telling them he's married to the Seanchen Empress. Hopefully Nyneave is at the White Tower when he shows up. Hi Egwene, hi Nyneave, how've you been? Me, oh not much really, just coming to the white tower to get the horn and oh, yea, by the way, I'm the First Prince of Ravens. Funny thing is I got married, first her name was Tuon, now she goes by Fortuona, Empress of the Seanchen Empire and all that, but enough about me. So what's up with all the holes in the White Tower and can I have that horn now?

2. Lolial at the stump. That will rock.

3. Rand and Fortuona. My guess is he will come to her not as a humble servant, but will show humility and respect.

4. Taim vs Logain and the whole Black Tower plotline should be pretty awesome.

5. Fortuona finding out Mat blew the horn. That could be as good as the Mat/Egwene/Nyneave thing.

6. The entire forces of the light coming together for the last battle.

1. Moiraine Damodred above all. I am positively in love with the woman.

2. Gawyn finding out his mother's alive and starting to undo his doucheness.

3. Egwene finding out that Rand ain't so bad.

4. Rand finding out he's going to be a father.

5. Rand finding out that Mat is the Prince of the Ravens.

6. Fortuona finding out that not everything is 'a stupid superstition'.

7. Loial's speech at the great stump.

Finding out how the people usually patronizing towards Mat will react to his new station will be interesting. Thats actually one thing Im looking forward too, seeing if some of the characters will learn a little humility and not consider themselves the pinnacle of creation and everyone else (especially of the opposite sex) retards that need to be guided with a collar around the neck.

That reminds me, I have to admit Im a little curious to see post VoG Rand. Not so much seeing how he will act as much as seeing how others will react towards him. Im hoping they will realise that they are dealing with someone thats at the focus of the Shadows efforts to end existance and rightly cut him some slack.

I want to see...

1. Moraine, finally I might add!

2. Matt vs the Finns Round 2

3. Slayer, always wanted to see more about him and his powers

4. Hopefully we find out Asmo's killer

5. Graendal because well, she's awesome and I love how cunning she is. Really enjoyable bad guy, favorite next to Ishamael/Moridin because he's a little off his rocker, although seems slightly less so now.

6. Demandred - where/who the hell is he?!

7. The Borderlanders getting back to the Blight and doing their frickin' job.

8. 13 BA / 13 Fade convert someone

1. The Moiraine rescue plotline. Not only do we finally get Moir back on screen, we get Mat back with the Finns and Thom to boot. Can't beat that.

2. Rand post VoG. I miss the old Rand.

3. Mazrim Taim. He has been off screen too long.

Why does everyone think Taim is a character we've seen? We knew early on he operates by proxy.

Thats an extremely thin arguement.

The only reference to this is from Sammael who doesnt like Demandred. He says he likes using proxies.

Doesnt mean he is.

I am not saying that he ISNT. In fact, I believe that Sammael was correct, but it holds no water in any argument.

Above all...MOIRAINE!!!

Second to that...Rand feeling the wrath of the true Amyrlin Egwene

and finally...Egwene feeling the wrath of the true Dragon Rand in response to my second statement above.

I LOVE Egwene now...and after Gathering Storm, way more than ever before, but I want to see her put in her place in reference to the prophecies of the Dragon, and consequently, the entire tower put in their place behind her.

Tarmon Gaidon will be the biggest fashion event of the Age! I want to see what everyone's wearing.

Just think! Chapter after chapter after chapter of sniffing and skirt smoothing. Elevated noses everywhere.

Sadly, we'll have to wait for the final book before :ph34r: , and :uno: , and :sammy: ( ninjas and pirates and chuck norris ) appear.

< neat emoticons - kudos to whomever created them >

Tarmon Gaidon will be the biggest fashion event of the Age! I want to see what everyone's wearing.

Just think! Chapter after chapter after chapter of sniffing and skirt smoothing. Elevated noses everywhere.

Sadly, we'll have to wait for the final book before :ph34r: , and :uno: , and :sammy: ( ninjas and pirates and chuck norris ) appear.

< neat emoticons - kudos to whomever created them >

Whos the ph34r supposed to be?

Why does everyone think Taim is a character we've seen? We knew early on he operates by proxy.

The only reference to this is from Sammael who doesnt like Demandred. He says he likes using proxies.

Doesnt mean he is.

I am not saying that he ISNT. In fact, I believe that Sammael was correct, but it holds no water in any argument.

That didn't make alot of sense. The man is one of the strongest channelers of any Age, one of the foremost generals for the Shadow, and who hated Lews Therin for being more acclaimed than him in his Age.

One of his major competitors with the Shadow declared that he liked using proxies to do his bidding. As of Knife of Dreams, R.J. declared he had not been seen "on camera" yet in the series.

So what exactly is the weakness of my argument?

Doesnt mean he is.

That didn't make alot of sense. The man is one of the strongest channelers of any Age, one of the foremost generals for the Shadow, and who hated Lews Therin for being more acclaimed than him in his Age.

One of his major competitors with the Shadow declared that he liked using proxies to do his bidding. As of Knife of Dreams, R.J. declared he had not been seen "on camera" yet in the series.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the original comment. In any case, I shall try to make it clear.

You say "We know he uses proxies."

That is a major part of the theory. Yes?

But the evidence that suggests Demandred uses proxies is very very weak. The only time it is mentioned is when Sammael thinks it. Nothing else.

Sammael (if you have the BWB, it tells you) did not like Demandred at all, so it would lead to a bias view.

Next, Sammael says "he likes using proxies".

Even if it is true, thats only a vague insight into Demandreds personality. Just because he prefers proxies, doesnt mean he is using them.

To be clear, I do not think Sammael got it wrong. I think that it IS a major clue. But to base a large portion of a theory on this one quote from a second hand source is extremely weak in relative terms.

For me, two things.

First, Moiraine's (attempted) rescue. I've been waiting a long time for it. It's about time the Light got it's Mo (mentum) and Mo (jo) back.

The second thing is the Light getting it's collective head out of it's collective ass. Rand and Egwene made good strides in tGS, as did Nynaeve. Even Faile did somewhat after escape. In the opening scenes of ToM, Galad looks like he's always had his vision unimpaired. And Lan and Mat are making strides.

Hopefully, we'll see Elayne, Perrin, Gawyn, and Tuon join them.

The Light needs to communicate, share information, and gasp, work together.

Rand reuniting with everyone after his revelation on Dragonmount, especially with Tam.

Rand Mat and Perrin reunion.

The Rescue of Moraine

The Reunion between Rand and Moraine

Finding out whats going on with Demandred

Finding out more information on the link between Mordin and Rand and hopefully fixing, though I think that will only be possible via the death of one of them.

Rands reaction when he finds out that Tuon is Mat's wife.

The Golden Crane Flying

Slayer/Isam/Luc

Fain

Taim. He is defiantly a darkfriend, no doubts about that, but he isnt Mordin and I doubt he is one of the other forsaken, my guess is that he is a new dreadlord, thats why he was able to channel so long with out going insaine, he had the dark ones protection, he must have.

Rand's return to the Black Tower, hopefully reclaiming it and killing Taim.

Lanfear (whatever she is called now) vs Rand

What is going to happen to the Red Ajah?

What about the huge group of Black Ajah that escaped?

There is just so much I want to see but the first is the most important to me.

What I'm looking forward to is Ituralde and the rescue of Moraine.

What I'd like to see, but don't expect to, is everyone realising Rand being the Dragon means he's leading the fight against the Shadow - not the Seanchan, not various Kings / Queens - Elayne most of all - and most especially not Egwene. TGS continued the trend of Egwene having everything fall in her lap, so I don't expect it, but if TOM had only one scene I could pick, it would be her forced to acknowledge she must follow and obey Rand, not vice versa.

I don't think obey is what egween would have to do. I think coodinate would be a better description. She needs to keep in mind that rand has to fight the battle and that he may actually know what needs to be done better then she does.

Ironically Egwene has herself stated exactly why she must follow Rand. She got the Aes Sedai to invoke the Law of War against Elaida - with the rationale in a war you need one clear leader - not a despot that dark Rand was becoming - but someone to call the big picture shots, that others (like Egwene) then implement. If Egwene thinks it's ok to invoke war against a person, how could she deny Rand effectively invoking the same against the DO? Of course there'd be mental gymnastics about him being a mere man as to why a double standard would be legitimate to her, but I'd love to see a scene where Rand finds out what Egwene did to Elaida, then in front of all Aes Sedai invokes a Law of War against the DO and tells the AS to fall in behind him. The mass of faces going purple would be hilarious if nothing else.

Moiraine's re-appearance and re-integration into the Randgroup and her reaction/interaction with Egwene and Co.

Rand's reunion (again) with Taim post-TGS

Cadsuane's reunion with Rand and Moiraine

Tam Al'Thor either bonding Cadsuane or marrying a Wise One and Nynaeve going 'that's not what was meant by the Women Circle in book 1, Tam! *tug braid*' :happy:

Taim's downfall

Logain's rise

Graendall's plot

Everything and anything with Mat.

The Return of the Bella!

Many things to look forward to. Many already mentioned. I also look forward to Anything involving the Aiel & battle. They do kick A$$. Looking forward to the Ituralde arc, based on Jason's reveiw. Curious to see what Avi picks up & brings back from the waste. Something to make a gateway & find Graendal, who's going after her "sister" maybe?

Doesnt mean he is.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood the original comment. In any case, I shall try to make it clear.

You say "We know he uses proxies."

That is a major part of the theory. Yes?

But the evidence that suggests Demandred uses proxies is very very weak. The only time it is mentioned is when Sammael thinks it. Nothing else.

Sammael (if you have the BWB, it tells you) did not like Demandred at all, so it would lead to a bias view.

Next, Sammael says "he likes using proxies".

Even if it is true, thats only a vague insight into Demandreds personality. Just because he prefers proxies, doesnt mean he is using them.

To be clear, I do not think Sammael got it wrong. I think that it IS a major clue. But to base a large portion of a theory on this one quote from a second hand source is extremely weak in relative terms.

Hi Barid,

Thanks for clearing that up. I think the part you are still missing is my other evidence, that I did not state clearly enough AS evidence.

So we've got Sammael saying that he likes using proxies. I agree with you; weak sauce in terms of overall evidence, but a piece of the Demandred puzzle nonetheless.

We've got the descriptors of Demandred as we know: 2nd most famous general during the war of shadow, 2nd most famous man, etc.

So, this most famous man has been unlocked from DO's prison for awhile now: roughly as long as Semirhage or Mesaana.

Semirhage we've seen. Mesaana we've seen. We haven't seen Demandred according to RJ (in a disguise that is).

So this incredibly powerful general, whose "rule is secure" and who "gathers for war" has not yet been seen. Based upon what we've seen so far and know exist, that leaves 3 possibilities:

1. He is ruling in Shara, and we haven't yet seen what he has in that land (yet)

2. He is marshaling Shadowspawn in the Blight, which seems frankly beneath him unless there'a lot more in the Blight than we know about (a definite possibility).

3. He is ruling and sowing Chaos throughout Randland via proxy

4. (Some combination of the above 3)

Now, I'm in favor of 1 or 3 personally. I think Sammael's comments about actions in the south having Demandred's marks all over them, and his comments about him using proxies, and the other intangible evidence we have....I think all of those things speak that Demandred is in Randland. I think he's manipulating and "turning" alot of Rand's leaders in a way that Rand doesn't even know yet.

So far, Rand is marshaling for war. Those efforts are not counter to what Demandred would want (soldiers gathering). What would be a coup is if, for example, Demandred had turned Bashere or Darlin so that they gathered a ton of forces, were a linchpin of the operations of the Light, and had already been subverted by Demandred.

My theory is that Demandred is controlling certain forces by proxy, including those of the Light.

Archived