DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Event You Most Anticipate For TOM/AMOL

Luckers

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me it would have to be (in no particular order)

Moiraine (anything to do with her, i dont care)

Demandred (what on earth has been happening the whole series with him)

Slayer (intriguing character, I always wanted to know more about him.)

ToG, anything to do with the Finns.

Moridin/Rand link/battle.

Anything to do with the Black Tower and Asha'man.

I want to see the reunion of Elayne and her mother. Her mother has been dead for a long time and I want to see how that plays out. And Loial, he started out as a main character and then fell by the wayside. I really like him and I want to see more of the big guy.

Tarmon Gaidon

How Rand will seal the Bore

Moridin - In a blaze of glory

Fain - I hope he doesn't go Gollum. Small hope.

Mazrim Taim's true nature - darkfriend? new forsaken? crazy? 3rd Age Demandred? Old Forsaken in disguise? Moridin?

Demandred - where and what has he been up to

A Good Guy dies - and not someone who is weak either. I want someone who impacts the story and who can sway battles to the Light side (if they fight). I want casualties and consequences.

Egwene humbled

Rand actually feeling something for the Aiel

The Emancipation of damane

Plenty of badassery from Mat and Rand is expected, but what what I really want to see is the three ta'veren joking around on their reunion while everyone else is dead serious. Those three poking fun at each other while all those self-important women get frustrated would be golden. I hope BS will put such a scene in there, his sense of humor is more akin to my own than RJ's was.

In the immediate future, it's what Graendal does next. She's become more and more the Forsaken who's actually lived up to the name whereas most of the others have been quite disappointing. Now she's made the shortlist of survivors. I wonder if she ultimately does try to make a play for Nae'blis.

What I really want is a pre-rescue POV from Moiraine. I just want to know about the Finn. It doesn't matter that they will almost certainly be irrelevant after this book, I just want to know.

Infighting between the Forsaken. So far, all we've gotten is RJ/BS assuring us, "They don't like each other. Really." But, in fact, all we've seen is them planning and working together. For the ultimate selfish villains, they are doing an awful lot of cooperating. All their main failures came from one breaking off from the group. Specifically, I'm hoping for one of them to challenge Moridin.

I second the suggestion of a scene with the Emond's Fielders (Emond's Fieldians?) reuniting. The last time Mat and Perrin saw Rand, he was slowly but surely losing his marbles, thanks to saidin, LTT in his head, the incident with the box, etc. It would be nice to see them reunite now that he's found the previously mentioned marbles again.

I also want Tam, Abell (when did we last see him?), and the Asha'man. All of them.

Aginor has not been seen since he got glassed in book 9. Elza didn't kill him with balefire, just a lot of the plain old regular kind. I want to see him back, if for no other reason than I know he's coming back. The DO recycled him once for just getting fried at the Eye of the World. He survived for a lot longer as Dashiva, so he's likely coming back. <loony theory meant as a joke>He's coming back as NARG!</loony theory meant as a joke>

I would love to see some of the main protagonists be taken out before Tarmon Gaidan even begins. Whether it is an assassination, death in battle, falling victim to compulsion, or being turned to the Dark One via the thirteen; I think it would remove the plot armor of fan favorites, and it would heighten the tension for the Last Battle all that much more.

I've got quite a few things that I want to see happen.

1. Find out who killed Asmodean (which has to be revealed. I think there would be rampage if not :D)

2. What is Demendrad up to? Where is he?

3. Rand vs Taim

4. Galad finding Morgase (I was really dissapointed about finding that out second had in the last book. But the way the prologue was going, hopefully we'll see it in ToM)

5. Also I am dying to find out what Galad's reaction will be when he finds out that the Dragon Reborn is his brother. How hilarious will that be? :D

6. Lan reclaiming the throne of Malkier after the Last Battle, (though I dunno why but I've got this horrible, horrible feeling he's gonna die)

7. Rand, Mat and Perrin meeting up again. I mean it's been far too long.

8. And the whole Tower of Genghi thing.

And I'm sure there is more, but that is only what I can think of at the moment.

I'm most looking forward to the all out war on all fronts. To see what the Shadow is really capable of once they step out of the shadows and take an active hand in events. Like angreal carrying forsaken backed up by 20 AS or AM killing off important characters and the hordes of trollocs sweeping over entire cities and so on.

Plot wise, I've anticipated the return of Moiraine for so many years, but by now it's almost as bad as the Asmo thing. I don't know that I care about Moiraine any longer, she used to be one of my favourites but having been gone this long... I guess her return will be "important" for Rand but I just don't think I can summon the interest for it. The same goes for Slayer, his story is very good, but, he's just been gone for too long. Same goes for the mass of family ties between everyone, I just don't see what significace it will have for the story at this point. Don't get me wrong though, all these things have added a lot to the story, they just don't seem important with TG around the corner. It's like, oh, so Galad, I guess we are brothers huh? Guess we could combine our efforts against the Shadow then, something that would've been impossible if we werent brothers... Again, no hate, just no importance, might be for the best if all these ties never is discovered by the characters.

I'm not so interested in what Demandred has been up to as in what he will do, but that's heavily connected to what I wrote before...

I anticipate most of the things everybody has said before me.

Except I anticipate Demandred to take the whole goddamn Atha'an Miere fleet, fill it to the top with Sharan channelers and use it to land strikes on vital points, like...the black tower, for example. Muahaha!

I anticipate also that Mazrim Taim in the end may be none other than Mazrim Taim, plotting with both the Light and the Shadow. Say, this leads to interesting thoughts like maybe, just maybe, he could be in alliance with Graendal. Now that's a thought, hehe.

See the new and improved Rand. See if he really has all the knowledge of his previous lives, or just a momentary glimpse.

See Shaidar Haran, Morridin, Slayer sitting in the Pit of Doom, drinking beers and chatting with the Dark One. Anyone?

I am more interested in the discussions that will follow rather then events like the Black Tower cleansing

Stuff like:

Rand meeting with the others again after veins of gold

Matt/Tuon (i hate her full name btw) reunion or at least discussion with rand on the subject

Rand/Egwene discussion

Morraine/Rand

So a lot of rand now that veins of gold has passed

And some bela :bela:

I would love to see some of the main protagonists be taken out before Tarmon Gaidan even begins. Whether it is an assassination, death in battle, falling victim to compulsion, or being turned to the Dark One via the thirteen; I think it would remove the plot armor of fan favorites, and it would heighten the tension for the Last Battle all that much more.

Yes I would love to see that, I would especially like Elayne bite the bullet, she annoys me no end.

I would also like to see Cadusuane have her bottom paddled by one of the younger Aes Sedai, it's about time they stood up to her.

In no real order:

Loial :loial: - His speech to the great stump, going to be awesome

Moraine :moiraine: - Her reunion with Rand, can't wait (unless she ends up 13x13'd)

Mat :mat: - I always look forward to my favorite character and he has some pretty cool stuff to be up to

Perrin :perrin: - Like to see how he reacts to having a former Queen as his maid

Bela :bela: - I'm still unsure as to weather this is the disguise Demandred has chosen/if Bela is the creator/if Bela is the real Dragon reborn - Rand being the final false dragon/ the slim possibility that Bela is just a horse that has been around for the whole series, whichever I'm looking forward to a good fight scene involving Bela

Archived