DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Jason Review Was Not Official

Luckers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for asking this, I dont want to cause any awkwardness, so if you (and Jason) do not want to answer, just give me a RAFO :)

But was the review posted a fake? Was it written by Jason?

Was the content in the review vaild?

Meaning, was this a kinda draft? Or was it something we should completely discount?

• Administrator

Hi guys,

This is really bad. I've removed my review thread from the forums. My review was NOT complete when it got posted there. What you saw was an extremely early draft. Our new forum software has a bug in it and I did not realize it posted an incomplete copy to the forums. It's very embarrassing, especially given the rambling notes I left for myself.

Please disregard anything I said there. It's not a fair representation of the book, and (as you could see) was just a bunch of my own rambling written down.

My final review is complete now, but awaiting approval on spoilers I included. It contains a lot of juicy stuff and makes a lot more sense.

It will be posted soon

Jason

Hi guys,

This is really bad. I've removed my review thread from the forums. My review was NOT complete when it got posted there. What you saw was an extremely early draft. Our new forum software has a bug in it and I did not realize it posted an incomplete copy to the forums. It's very embarrassing, especially given the rambling notes I left for myself.

Please disregard anything I said there. It's not a fair representation of the book, and (as you could see) was just a bunch of my own rambling written down.

My final review is complete now, but awaiting approval on spoilers I included. It contains a lot of juicy stuff and makes a lot more sense.

It will be posted soon

Jason

ahh, thanks for the clarification.

For the record though, the draft that got out was pretty sweet in my opinion. It really got me wantting to read the book ASAP

Hi guys,

It will be posted soon

Jason

So does that mean you want me to take the edit I readded (Luckers seemed to say I could in his edit of my post) down? I don't have a problem with doing so, but as I've said in the other threads, damage control on the internet is nigh impossible - it just doesn't work. I think you should keep both reviews up now that people have seen the draft one - it's only fair that other members get to see it too, right?

Regardless, I enjoyed it, so it can't be that bad, right?

I removed it again Decius at Jason's request. He also requests it not be reposted on other boards. Out of consideration for all he has done for the WoT community I think that's fair.

That being said I'm very sorry to you for your unfortuonate involvment in this.

Fair enough. It does seem like a bad decision to me, though. Are we not allowed to talk about what he said? Or are we only allowed to talk about certain bits of what he said? Are you going to ban conversation concerning it at all? Or can we talk about it to other people who don't have a clue what we're talking about. Then do we tell them we can't give them a copy if they ask? Bit of a dilemma, since it could be useful with theories. It didn't actually reveal much (except, I suppose, with the two reviews and the chapter titles I could probably write the book myself). On the other hand, whatever spoilers it might have had in it, it was a good read and got me looking forward to reading the book itself.

His proper review will be posted very soon. In the mean time please be considerate for a man who has done SO much for Dragonmount and the Wheel of Time fandom in general. Jason did not mean for this to be seen. Please respect that.

So we can't share it, talk about it, refer to it or think of it, you mean?

His proper review will be posted very soon. In the mean time please be considerate for a man who has done SO much for Dragonmount and the Wheel of Time fandom in general. Jason did not mean for this to be seen. Please respect that.

Yes, that's what he means. Please respect that. Sheesh. Let's put it this way: Tor.com and Team Jordan have put a lot of trust in Jason and have allowed him to read an advanced copy of the much anticipated next book. Jason wrote his thoughts and notes that contains some subtle spoilers, and, due to an accident, got leaked. We do not want Jason to lose the respect or trust of Team Jordan and company because a few minor spoilers were accidentally leaked and then a few fans ruined or exposed that information to everyone else. That would be really bad for Jason, and for the rest of us. I don't think it will come to that, but to be safe, just don't ruin this for Jason or any of the rest of us.

If you read some things in his early draft that DON'T make it to the final review later, than be respectful and don't mention them until after the release of the book. If everything you read in his review shows up later in the real review, then we can all discuss it in the spoiler forums AFTER that review is published.

Seriously leave it alone man. Respect his wishes and chill.

So what's your problem?

I'm asking an honest question on what restriction he's putting on this information. I don't know Jason, so I don't have any respect for him but nor do I have anything against him.

I'll do what the guy says, I'd just like to know if I'm allowed to discuss pieces of it with others. What Luckers said above could mean anything from 'don't repost' to 'don't even think about that review'.

So what's your problem?

I'm asking an honest question on what restriction he's putting on this information. I don't know Jason, so I don't have any respect for him but nor do I have anything against him.

I'll do what the guy says, I'd just like to know if I'm allowed to discuss pieces of it with others. What Luckers said above could mean anything from 'don't repost' to 'don't even think about that review'.

No one can ever tell you what you can or can not think. That should go without saying and just becomes more and more ridiculous each time you mention it. As for saying you don't have any respect for the man who created the forum you are on and was thanked in ToM for his contributions to the WoT community? Well you are entitled to your opinion, but it's fairly crass and say alot about the type of person you are.

So what's your problem?

You do know Jason. This board, that is Jason. The Towers of Midnight Trailer. That is Jason. Things like the Storm Leaders. That is Jason. Jason has done insane amounts for you--for anyone who claims to be a fan of the series. He represented us at Jim's funeral. He has been there for us, constantly. He did not want this out there. I was asking for you to respect that. For YOU to respect it, not for me to spank you for not respecting it.

I cannot stop the spread of this--but should you spread it you disrespect Jason, and if you're going to do that, please do so on another board. I will not tolerate it here. Not after what he has done for us.

I'm using it as an expression to portray the furthest possible extreme that what Luckers said could mean. It's more sarcasm than anything else, don't take it literally.

'The type of person I am', I don't get into these ad hominem traps. Perhaps that also means something about 'the type of person I am'.

And I do respect his work (I helped with DM at some point, under a different name, actually. I won't go into that.) but I've never met him in person, so I have no respect for him as a person. Personal respect is earned, not bought or bartered. That said, I'd invite you to resume the topic of conversation this thread concerns - Jason's review. On that topic, I'm still looking for answers as to what's reasonable, and what's not.

EDIT:

And Luckers, I'm not going to spread it. I said that, already. I'm just wondering if I can talk about it, or certain parts of it? If so, what parts?

And Jason isn't a forum or website, Jason isn't the product of his work - he's the source of it. I don't judge him as a person from the quality of his work, have you ever met Mark Zuckerberg?

I'm using it as an expression to portray the furthest possible extreme that what Luckers said could mean. It's more sarcasm than anything else, don't take it literally.

'The type of person I am', I don't get into these ad hominem traps. Perhaps that also means something about 'the type of person I am'.

And I do respect his work (I helped with DM at some point, under a different name, actually. I won't go into that.) but I've never met him in person, so I have no respect for him as a person. Personal respect is earned, not bought or bartered. That said, I'd invite you to resume the topic of conversation this thread concerns - Jason's review. On that topic, I'm still looking for answers as to what's reasonable, and what's not.

EDIT:

And Luckers, I'm not going to spread it. I said that, already. I'm just wondering if I can talk about it, or certain parts of it? If so, what parts?

And Jason isn't a forum or website, Jason isn't the product of his work - he's the source of it. I don't judge him as a person from the quality of his work, have you ever met Mark Zuckerberg?

Again something obvious, we are talking about respecting his work. No idea why you are splitting hairs an you have already gotten a straightforward answer. Try to respect any spoilers that Team Jordan might not want out until the official review comes from Jason don't spread the unofficial version. Fairly simple actually, if you can use ad hominem in a sentence you should be able to glean that.

wow i missed it!! hhahaha o well. but seriously dude i dont know jason eaither but it is because of him we have this forum, more so than even luckers or Maj or Jenn so lay off. he works his ass off every day from what iv heard. take a chill pill.

but since we missed it we cant say any spoilers in the review til the real one is up? i have no problem just clarification. im cool with it either way

No, I have no met Mark Zuckerberg. Should he make a mistake and politely request I not propogate it I'd go 'Sure mate, I mean facebook is pretty fracking awesome, and I don't pay for it at all. So I got your back, mate.'

But Jason is not Mark Zuckerberg--he gets no money from Dragonmount, or any of the other numerous endeavours he undertakes on our behalf. He has poured his blood, sweat and tears into the Wheel of Time. If you wish clarity--I do not wish you to talk about this. I do not want you to repeat a single element of it.

I cannot stop you should you choose to, I just ask you not to. Should you choose to ignore me, then by the grace of the light, out of sheer human decency, don't post on Dragonmount any further, or enjoy anything else that Jason brings to us. If you're gonna disrespect a man, you should probably not set foot in their house.

This whole discussion makes me feel physically ill. That people would have so little reguard for Jason...

No, I have no met Mark Zuckerberg. Should he make a mistake and politely request I not propogate it I'd go 'Sure mate, I mean facebook is pretty fracking awesome, and I don't pay for it at all. So I got your back, mate.'

But Jason is not Mark Zuckerberg--he gets no money from Dragonmount, or any of the other numerous endeavours he undertakes on our behalf. He has poured his blood, sweat and tears into the Wheel of Time. If you wish clarity--I do not wish you to talk about this. I do not want you to repeat a single element of it.

I cannot stop you should you choose to, I just ask you not to. Should you choose to ignore me, then by the grace of the light, out of sheer human decency, don't post on Dragonmount any further, or enjoy anything else that Jason brings to us. If you're gonna disrespect a man, you should probably not set foot in their house.

This whole discussion makes me feel physically ill. That people would have so little reguard for Jason...

dude luckers i was just curious about it. i am so so sorry if i made it seem like i was dissing jason cuz i wasnt i promise. i am incredibly sorry bro. i ment no harm.

dude luckers i was just curious about it. i am so so sorry if i made it seem like i was dissing jason cuz i wasnt i promise. i am incredibly sorry bro. i ment no harm.

That wasn't at you dude! Sorry!

And thanks Ataxia. I think I'm a little too close--I see what Jason does for the board. I get that most people don't because he's rarely openly active, but every day he's out there working on our behalf, and to see him so disreguarded offends me.

It's 3am here. I need to go to bed. I'm really sorry if I went overboard.

I am with you Luckers.

I have not even spoken to Jason, online or otherwise, but I am grateful he spends his time (for no profit) to create a community such as Dragonmount.

Despite personal knowledge of the man, respect his work for gods sake. Stop splitting hairs as another poster mentioned. That your even allowed to post here is due to him, that should be enough for anyone.

Also remember, he doesnt HAVE to give us anything. Be grateful he IS going to post a review and respect his wishes regarding it.

Archived