DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nightmare

shnspp

This is my first official post, so I thought that I would write about something that means a lot to me. Avenged Sevenfold's new album, titled Nightmare. Now to completely understand, and FEEL the point of the album you would of had to follow the bands journey in the last year. Luckily for you, I will catch you up.

On December 28, 2009 founding member, drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died. The untimely death (like there is a "timely" one, right?) made the remaining band members choose whether to go on or not. Coming to the conclusion that this is what The Rev would want, they began to rewrite a near complete "concept album" and focus mostly on the lose of their friend.

With every song but two ( Nightmare, and Danger Line) rewrote, Avenged Sevenfold lets the listener into their nightmare, with heavier riffs, great lyrics, and palpable emotion.

I have been going back and forth over my review of every song, and I feel as though it loses it's personal interpretation of the album as a whole.

If you have lost someone close to you or have had any feeling of loss yourself, you will connect with this album.

FYI: My favorite songs on the album, Welcome to the Family, Buried Alive, Fiction (which is the only song that The Rev wrote and performs on), and Save Me.

POST YOUR COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF NIGHTMARE AS WELL!

Me personaly, i thought the album was ABSOLOUTLY EPIC.

Not quite as good as self titled but getting there with each listen. Fave songs are Natural Born Killer, God Hates Us, Welcome to the family, Victim, Save us and Fiction...oh wait thats pretty much the whole album...and i forgot Buried Alive ...infact the whole album is just awesome...nightmare is my least fave track on the album...then so far away...the only songs i'm not 100% on.

The whole album is so sad though, and jimmy's vox on Fiction brings a tear to my eye..sadtimes :sad:

But lucky me, i get to go see Avenged play in Glasgow in about 3-4 weeks time :biggrin:

Archived