DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slight pre-order clarification from BYU

Caedn of the Taardad

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, or if it should really be put anywhere at all, but this is the most likely spot I can think of for people to see it and if anyone takes issue feel free to move, delete, or degrade it to your hearts content :smile: .

Anyway, being the overly cautious and "real" worldly inexperienced person that I am, I wasn't exactly sure on the Midnight release pre-order process for BYU, so I asked them and the conversation went as follows.

You submitted a question (or request) on September 22, 2010 at 9:13 AM:

Regarding the upcoming midnight release of the Towers of Midnight that will be held at your facility, and as per Mr. Sanderson's request that we pre-order from the store at which we intend to visit the signing for, I have a question on the pre-ordering process. When we attempt to pre-order there is no clear option for pick up at release, so I simply need to know what steps you wish to be taken for that arrangement. The closest I can see for that is the "pick up at service desk", but not being a member or associate of BYU I am unsure if this is what is needed.

With thanks,

[Jenn Hama N'dore]

BYU Bookstore responded on September 22, 2010 at 9:29 AM as follows:

Hi [Jenn Hama N'dore]~

Sorry for the confusion. When ordering online, please select "pick up at the service desk". That is the option that tells the e-commerce fulfillment department that you will be pick up the book in the store. We will have your order available to be picked up at the Midnight release. Thanks! ~Tami Barber

Hows that for a nice, quick response?

Yeah, Tami is really cool. She was very helpful for tWoK release too.

If they do it the same way they did for tWoK (which I think they will because it worked really well), you'll still have to show up the day (or a few days) before the midnight release to get a lower numbered copy of it. Just because you pre-order it online early doesn't guarantee you a low number at the time of the release. They base that on the line that forms before. Then, on the day before the release, they give out numbers based on who is in line at the time that the bookstore opens in the morning.

The line for the actual party is then formed BASED on the number you are given earlier on the day before the release. It is not based on when you show up that evening (which screwed me over last year).

So, I would recommend, if that matters to anybody, that you pre-order it, but THEN show up the day before early enough to get a good number and to ensure a place closer to the front of the line.

Archived