DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A couple of Random Foreshadowings

Tenesmus

I have been dusting off the old brain cells and selectively re-reading portions of the series preparing for ToM. A couple of things really jumped out:

1. In TSR, when Verin meets Perrin in the old sick house, she is explaining why she is in the TR; looking for girls who can be trained. She goes on to say that Sheriam believes that the Tower is culling channelling from society by gentling men; and then goes on to say that Alviarin was mad at her for suggesting that Aes Sedai engage in a breeding program with men that can channel. WTF?!? Talk about foreshadowing. All three; Sheriam, Alvairin, and Verin are BA; I woud lhave loved to be in the room for that conversation... I would guess those three made up Verin's Heart.

2. In KOD Mat gives Tuon a "razor" The razor is a horse seldom seen outside of Arad Doman and used by the Domani ruling elite. Will Tuon's razor play a part in her peacefully accepting Arad Doman from Rand and making the West and South as One?

I have been dusting off the old brain cells and selectively re-reading portions of the series preparing for ToM. A couple of things really jumped out:

1. In TSR, when Verin meets Perrin in the old sick house, she is explaining why she is in the TR; looking for girls who can be trained. She goes on to say that Sheriam believes that the Tower is culling channelling from society by gentling men; and then goes on to say that Alviarin was mad at her for suggesting that Aes Sedai engage in a breeding program with men that can channel. WTF?!? Talk about foreshadowing. All three; Sheriam, Alvairin, and Verin are BA; I woud lhave loved to be in the room for that conversation... I would guess those three made up Verin's Heart.

2. In KOD Mat gives Tuon a "razor" The razor is a horse seldom seen outside of Arad Doman and used by the Domani ruling elite. Will Tuon's razor play a part in her peacefully accepting Arad Doman from Rand and making the West and South as One?

1. First, it was Alviarin who said it was mad, she was against the breeding, verin's feelings on this subject is undisclosed.

i think this is just an observation, many other AS have commented on this, its nothing special. As for the heart thing, its possible, but Verin knows almost all the BA, so she could just be quoting them, but, could be right.

However, I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say here. What is being forshadowed? how is this important?

2. It is strange thing that came up. You could be right, but personally I cant see the horse playing any part in this. Im of a mind that it was just used as a plot device for the courting of Tuon. However, considering this is the WoT, i would not be suprised if you have hit something here, its worth looking into.

The razor is the Creator, incarnated into a horse to fight against Bela the Dark One. It is obvious to the most casual reader!

SHhh, the Great Bela doesnt want anyone to know yet. :angry:

B) Nothings going on here. Nothing interesting to read.

:lol: :P

But seriously, the horse is the creator :mellow:

I've asked the Structured Board mods to start a foreshadow thread, but there's no response from them, and I was planning to start a thread here, hoping it would be transferred there, eventually. Only if someone could PM mb. I guess Terez too.

Here's a gem from TGH : Ch 23 The Testing

"We know what this one does. It will bring you face-to-face with your greatest fears." Sheriam smiled pleasantly. "No one will ask you what you have faced; you need tell no more than you wish. Every woman's fear are her own property."

Vaguely, Nynaeve thought about her nervousness concerning spiders, especially in the dark, but she did not think that was what Sheriam meant.

Moghedien, anyone?

I've asked the Structured Board mods to start a foreshadow thread, but there's no response from them, and I was planning to start a thread here, hoping it would be transferred there, eventually. Only if someone could PM mb. I guess Terez too.

Here's a gem from TGH : Ch 23 The Testing

"We know what this one does. It will bring you face-to-face with your greatest fears." Sheriam smiled pleasantly. "No one will ask you what you have faced; you need tell no more than you wish. Every woman's fear are her own property."

Vaguely, Nynaeve though about her nervousness concerning spiders, especially in the dark, but she did not think that was what Sheriam meant.

Moghedien, anyone?

Excellent, I like this one. Not sure if thats what RJ intended, but if it is, thats brilliant. So i will just assume that it was intentional :).

I was thinking of posting a few of my own, but wasnt sure if it would be cool to hijack this thread, but what the hell, might aswell. Ill have a few comming. (If thats Ok with the creator of thsi topic)

Archived