DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bashere

maximus34

So... feel free to flame me if this is a double post or whatnot, or just admin delete or whatever but...

Alot of topics in these forums seem to touch on Basheres loyalties and possible secret agendas, etc... so heres a place to colaborate it all.

I personally think that he is on the shadows side. I do not believe that it has been so since his introduction as was the case with Intgar. But I think it would be RJ-esque to bring something like that in as a twist. Not a super origional plotline, but one that would cause a decent amount of trouble and headaches in the world... comments, flames, hugs all welcome:P

You never know...as you pointed out, RJ could do anything he wants with Bashere, but I go with my instincts and don't think he's a DF. That said, in Perrin's deal with the Seanchan when he considered himself one step away from dealing with the Dark One, we got some foreshadowing that someone, perhaps multiple characters, will "sell his soul" to save someone else...Perrin doing so to save Faile is perhaps too obvious, but Bashere is a possibility as are many others. So he might become a DF in the finale, but I personally don't think he is one right now.

I doubt Bashere is a darkfriend for the simple fact that if he is he could have done half a hundred things to compromise Rand's plans and actions, and thereby ferment chaos--likely without ever uncovering himself.

No, this suspicion comes from, i suspect, Min's vision about Bashere--which i suspect merely refers to the fact that he, and likely Tenobia, are going to die.

One begins to wonder though...

If the supposition that at least some of the Aes Sedai with the Borderlanders are Darkfriends is true or if Demandred is with them(and I'll grant you it's only a theory), then it will really be a problem when Rand and Bashere finally meet up with them.

For all that Bashere has been very loyal to Rand up to this point, what happens when he runs into his niece (and more importantly, Queen) Tenobia? If she doesn't fall in line with Rand, and she very well may not if there are Black Ajah with her, it's going to be one hell of a big mess, especially considering the size of the Borderlander's army.

I rather think the Aes Sedai are going to kidnap Rand almost straight away, not realising there are others who present a danger (Cadsuane, Alivia, Nynaeve and so on), as the fight escalates between that lot and some of the darkfriends, the rest will spirit rand away. The fight will result in the many deaths, and Perrin will have something to do with saving Rand... i think. Meh. Either way this wont be a big plot line, it'll last maybe a chapter or two...

I rather think the Aes Sedai are going to kidnap Rand almost straight away' date=' not realising there are others who present a danger (Cadsuane, Alivia, Nynaeve and so on), as the fight escalates between that lot and some of the darkfriends, the rest will spirit rand away. The fight will result in the many deaths, and Perrin will have something to do with saving Rand... i think. Meh. Either way this wont be a big plot line, it'll last maybe a chapter or two...[/quote']

This gives me a headache already.

Something I am looking forward to read is Lan's gathering force.

Archived