DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[BotRH] What are you listening to?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean not many publications ever produce a top whatever that doesn't leave me feeling like I just wasted two minutes of my life scrolling through it, I just can't help but think if you can make room for Britney Spears you better be covering the dozens of top tier indie and post-rock acts of the early 2000s that had women writing as much of the music as men.

In general I think the predominance of music written 100% by men and handed to a woman to sing and stick her name on is kind of insulting when they could have dug a bit deeper and presented a lot of actually talented musicians.

I mean, Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin make that top list 10/10 times.

Amy Winehouse brought an entire style back into vogue, Missy Elliot broke up the boys club and slayed, idk about Beyonce bc I've never been a huge fan, Lauryn Hill yes please - that album is yuge.

Edited by Krakalakachkn

I mean not many publications ever produce a top whatever that doesn't leave me feeling like I just wasted two minutes of my life scrolling through it, I just can't help but think if you can make room for Britney Spears you better be covering the dozens of top tier indie and post-rock acts of the early 2000s that had women writing as much of the music as men.

In general I think the predominance of music written 100% by men and handed to a woman to sing and stick her name on is kind of insulting when they could have dug a bit deeper and presented a lot of actually talented musicians.

I agree with the "written by a man" argument, but I think a lot of what they looked at was influence.

Someone MADE me listen to this :

Kids at the daycare were singing this yesterday and it reminded me to tell you how much I loath you for sharing it.

you're welcome lol

listening smells like a freak show - avatar

(probably a bad idea to share the video lol)