DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After Tarmon Gai'don

sleepinghour

What do you think will happen to the characters after Tarmon Gai'don/the series' end, assuming they survive?

My guesses:

Rand

- The newfound euphoria of having three wives will fade once he meets his two mother-in-laws and Min's three aunts. Not to mention having six toddlers to parent (Elayne's twins and Avi's quadruplets). Soon, Rand will often have "pressing matters" to attend to in the Aiel Waste.

- Doesn't seem to care much about Illian, so that throne will probably go to somebody else.

Mat

- Will be Tuon's Prince-Consort and amass a huge personal fortune from gambling with various Seanchan nobles.

Perrin

- Min's viewing about a broken crown hints at Perrin ruling Saldaea with Faile, but neither of them seem to care much for that country or its people. (Also, Perrin can't really handle being around that many Saldaean women.) They'll pass that crown on to the next person in line and go back to being Lord and Lady of the Two Rivers.

Nynaeve

- If Lan survives, they'll rule a restored Malkier like in her Accepted test. If not, I can see her rebuilding Malkier in his name as its dowager queen.

Egwene

- Will continue to be Amyrlin and marry Gawyn if he survives. If not, she'll eventually hook up with Galad.

Elayne

- Will remain Queen of Andor, take many baths, and keep Morgase around as advisor.

Aviendha

- Since she and Elayne are all but glued at the hip, she'll probably stay in Caemlyn for the most part.

Birgitte

- Doomed to spend the rest of her days as Elayne's Warder, but Gaidal will join her at some point.

Moiraine

- Will rule Cairhien with Thom at her side. Any children they have will be masters of Daes Dae'mar before they learn to walk.

Loial

- A well-respected scholar and authority on Rand's life, but will never understand why A Dragon in Love: Rand al'Thor's Polyamorous Love Life far outsold the regular biography.

Logain

- Will be head of the Black Tower. Gabrelle and Toveine remain bonded to him; Gabrelle is obviously falling for him already, and Toveine probably also will given how passionately she loathes him.

Uno

- Seems to have grown somewhat attached/loyal to Nynaeve and Elayne as he stayed in Salidar for their sake. He'll join Nynaeve in Malkier and spend the rest of his days only cursing in every other sentence.

Elaida / Suffa

- Is a good damane.

• 2 weeks later...

Mat - Will be governor of the Seanchan forces Randland-side, and although forced to abide by some of O Fortuona's decisions he'll make some things a bit more tolerable. In turn, Tuon makes sure to keep playing with her Mat and having fun at every chance she gets. Mat then loses Seanchan's entire treasury in a single game of Hearts. Ta'veren work done, the man can never win at dice or cards again.

Perrin - Gets hit in the head and gains a whole IQ point, causing him to feed Faile to the wolves. (I can dream)

Egwene - Reigns as Amyrlin for two hundred and sixty-four years (not counting a ten month period during her 122nd year due to a scandal involving her being caught drunk running through the Waste naked screaming "I have toes!" or some such nonsense).

Rand - Dies, but will come back... yet he will let the majority of the world believe that he is dead so he can have some peace. However the man goes bankrupt after Aviendha, Elayne, and Min track him down for alimony and child support payments.

Galad - Is hounded by Berelain after she gets a look at him and leaves Perrin in the dust. The surviving Questioners take pity on Galad and try to help him hide, but the woman finds him, marries him, and Galad is both very happy and very miserable til the end of his days.

Lini - Ends up taking care of Elayne's kids... and their kids... and their kids... and their-. Seriously! How old is this woman? I don't care if she can't channel. She should be one of the Kin.

Hopper - BREAKING NEWS: Hopper is still dead.

Demandred - Has his forces ready and waiting... wondering why he still hasn't heard from anybody.

The Creator - Comes back from vacation, sees what the kids did to the house, and is PISSED!

Bela - Having successfully framed Graendal for Asmodean's murder, she lays carnage everywhere for years to come.

Padan Fain - Let's see. Completely insane? Deep hatred of all things living? Frightens even the darkest of evil creatures? Obvious: He gets two part time jobs: a Wal*mart greeter and an IRS clerk.

Paitr - Is resurrected as the last new Forsaken after the Dark One honestly forgets about Demandred and thinks he's run out of soldiers. The Armies of the Shadow enter a new era of kindly asking everyone to please PLEASE join the Dark One and forsake the light. Please? Yeah... that pretty much wraps things up for the bad guys right there.

Nynaeve - Gives birth to her and Lan's son. Lan will survive and be present for the birth. The son is given a sword in his crib (rectifying the "Min's viewing of Lan" temporal paradox). Nynaeve will go prematurely bald after too hard of a yank when her baby shower is interrupted as Dav Ayellin, Ewin Finngar, and Elam Dowtry appear out of nowhere and release a grizzled irate badger into the ceremony. (Last scene of the series)

Mat - Will be governor of the Seanchan forces Randland-side, and although forced to abide by some of O Fortuona's decisions he'll make some things a bit more tolerable. In turn, Tuon makes sure to keep playing with her Mat and having fun at every chance she gets. Mat then loses Seanchan's entire treasury in a single game of Hearts. Ta'veren work done, the man can never win at dice or cards again.

Perrin - Gets hit in the head and gains a whole IQ point, causing him to feed Faile to the wolves. (I can dream)

Egwene - Reigns as Amyrlin for two hundred and sixty-four years (not counting a ten month period during her 122nd year due to a scandal involving her being caught drunk running through the Waste naked screaming "I have toes!" or some such nonsense).

Rand - Dies, but will come back... yet he will let the majority of the world believe that he is dead so he can have some peace. However the man goes bankrupt after Aviendha, Elayne, and Min track him down for alimony and child support payments.

Galad - Is hounded by Berelain after she gets a look at him and leaves Perrin in the dust. The surviving Questioners take pity on Galad and try to help him hide, but the woman finds him, marries him, and Galad is both very happy and very miserable til the end of his days.

Lini - Ends up taking care of Elayne's kids... and their kids... and their kids... and their-. Seriously! How old is this woman? I don't care if she can't channel. She should be one of the Kin.

Hopper - BREAKING NEWS: Hopper is still dead.

Demandred - Has his forces ready and waiting... wondering why he still hasn't heard from anybody.

The Creator - Comes back from vacation, sees what the kids did to the house, and is PISSED!

Bela - Having successfully framed Graendal for Asmodean's murder, she lays carnage everywhere for years to come.

Padan Fain - Let's see. Completely insane? Deep hatred of all things living? Frightens even the darkest of evil creatures? Obvious: He gets two part time jobs: a Wal*mart greeter and an IRS clerk.

Paitr - Is resurrected as the last new Forsaken after the Dark One honestly forgets about Demandred and thinks he's run out of soldiers. The Armies of the Shadow enter a new era of kindly asking everyone to please PLEASE join the Dark One and forsake the light. Please? Yeah... that pretty much wraps things up for the bad guys right there.

Nynaeve - Gives birth to her and Lan's son. Lan will survive and be present for the birth. The son is given a sword in his crib (rectifying the "Min's viewing of Lan" temporal paradox). Nynaeve will go prematurely bald after too hard of a yank when her baby shower is interrupted as Dav Ayellin, Ewin Finngar, and Elam Dowtry appear out of nowhere and release a grizzled irate badger into the ceremony. (Last scene of the series)

haha that one made me laugh :laugh:

When poor Demandred finally learns that the DO forgot about him he will be "...he forgot...Well, that settles it Lew Therin really IS better than me at everything he even got more of my master's attention than i did..." *Blows up*

Wouldn't it be ironic if it ended with the Creator scolding the DO in the corner going "How many times do i have to tell you not to play with the World, that is only for the adults!" So... the DO was just a kid playing with the world like a video game... well, that settles it then, children really are evil.

• 4 months later...

Good Thread :myrddraal:

Laughed several times already :laugh:

I can just imagine Demandred standing there waiting for 'the signal' with a huge army, waiting, waiting, checking his watch, waiting...

Well, if he had been facing the right direction, he would have seen the signal. :rolleyes:

Rand - moves into a mansion with its own grotto pool, publishes scrolls of nude Aes Sedai.

Mat - turns Ebou Dar into an "adult vacation paradise" with the slogan "what happens in Ebou Dar, stays in Ebou Dar".

Perrin - becomes Lord of Two Rivers, spends his time smoking tabac with stablehands while Faile really rules (and buys 2,000 pairs of shoes).

Elaine - is deposed as Queen of Andor after issuing a royal decree requiring peasants to bathe daily.

Egwene - remains Amyrlin of a White Tower that is mostly irrelevant since the threat of the Dark One was ended by Rand. Devotes the Tower's resources to telling everyone else how to live their lives.

Nynaeve - swears on Lan's grave to restore Malkier for his son, turns into the ultimate Jewish Mother. At age 17, the kid abdicates to go on stage in Ebou Dar with his standup comedy routine.

Bela - gets cast in a Budweiser "horses playing football" Super Bowl commercial, becomes a big star.

The Dark One - does minimal time in a country-club prison, goes on the talk-show circuit.

The Creator - realizes that the last Age wasn't that much of a challenge for humankind, decides that the next age will have telemarketers, video evangelists, infomercials, cell phones in traffic, and American Idol.

At the end, when his blood frees men from the shadow and all goes dark...Rand will wake up on the floor, face sticky with drool. Tam's voice, the voice of his father, warm, comforting, even in admonishment:

"I told you not to smoke that all at once"

lol!

Rand

Will go on to live in obscurity. I am not sure how his relationships with his girlfriends will play out.. I'd prefer he just "sail off in the sunset" with Min (if he lost his ability to channel I think Rand's will is strong enough that it wouldn't matter). He wont have any part to play post-Tarmon Gai'don in political matters though (except perhaps as a looming threat towards those who seek to threaten the Dragon's Peace).

He'll also likely be deified by the people. I can see Bran's Inn being a place of pilgrimage and greatly aiding the Two River's economy :biggrin:!

Mat

I believe RJ planned outrigger novels for Mat to assist in the reconquest of Seanchan? Other than that the Pattern will one day decide it'd be lucky for Mat to learn a bit of humility again and he'll lose the Empire's treasury at a game of cards with some Randland nobles.

Perrin

Next to Logain (who I believe will go on to lead the Black Tower) it's likely that Perrin will be the second most powerful man in Randland (in the public eye). Likely will go on to rule a united Kondori+Saldaean kingdom leaving his children with the Stewardship of the Two Rivers.

Nynaeve

If Lan survives she'll likely help him rebuild Malkier (with Travelling People and Ogier healing the land from the Blight?). If Lan dies she'll probably skip the re-building Malkier part and just go on to become a world-renowned Healer.

Egwene

Will be taken down a notch or two and lead the Aes Sedai alongside Logain's Asha'man.

Elayne

Will remain Queen until her children are old enough and then leave to go play at being Aes Sedai.

Aviendha

She'll be instrumental in leading the Aiel remnant. There's enough room for them to found a new nation in the Wetlands but they wont completely forget the Threefold Land (Rhuidean has a lot of potential and the availability of Travelling means a lot).

Birgitte

Will likely die but be re-attached to the Horn (assuming she's lost that connection). Will eventually be reborn and united with Gaidal Cane.

Moiraine

Will go on a new vacation. After that.. she'll likely be instrumental in reintegrated the White Tower with the world.

Loial

He'll probably unintentionally write the new religion of the Dragon's holy scriptures :biggrin:!

Logain

Leading the Black Tower. (I get the feeling that one day the future Amyrlins and M'Haels will be bonded to one another).

Uno

Dead.

Suffa

Released as a broken woman. Goes off to never be heard of again. Becomes stronger for it and becomes a better person. One day an uppity young Aes Sedai will come across her and be put in her place. Much like Cadsuane and the Black Hills wilder.

What do you think will happen to the characters after Tarmon Gai'don/the series' end, assuming they survive?

My guesses:

Rand

- The newfound euphoria of having three wives will fade once he meets his two mother-in-laws and Min's three aunts. Not to mention having six toddlers to parent (Elayne's twins and Avi's quadruplets). Soon, Rand will often have "pressing matters" to attend to in the Aiel Waste.

- Doesn't seem to care much about Illian, so that throne will probably go to somebody else.

Mat

- Will be Tuon's Prince-Consort and amass a huge personal fortune from gambling with various Seanchan nobles.

Perrin

- Min's viewing about a broken crown hints at Perrin ruling Saldaea with Faile, but neither of them seem to care much for that country or its people. (Also, Perrin can't really handle being around that many Saldaean women.) They'll pass that crown on to the next person in line and go back to being Lord and Lady of the Two Rivers.

Nynaeve

- If Lan survives, they'll rule a restored Malkier like in her Accepted test. If not, I can see her rebuilding Malkier in his name as its dowager queen.

Egwene

- Will continue to be Amyrlin and marry Gawyn if he survives. If not, she'll eventually hook up with Galad.

Elayne

- Will remain Queen of Andor, take many baths, and keep Morgase around as advisor.

Aviendha

- Since she and Elayne are all but glued at the hip, she'll probably stay in Caemlyn for the most part.

Birgitte

- Doomed to spend the rest of her days as Elayne's Warder, but Gaidal will join her at some point.

Moiraine

- Will rule Cairhien with Thom at her side. Any children they have will be masters of Daes Dae'mar before they learn to walk.

Loial

- A well-respected scholar and authority on Rand's life, but will never understand why A Dragon in Love: Rand al'Thor's Polyamorous Love Life far outsold the regular biography.

Logain

- Will be head of the Black Tower. Gabrelle and Toveine remain bonded to him; Gabrelle is obviously falling for him already, and Toveine probably also will given how passionately she loathes him.

Uno

- Seems to have grown somewhat attached/loyal to Nynaeve and Elayne as he stayed in Salidar for their sake. He'll join Nynaeve in Malkier and spend the rest of his days only cursing in every other sentence.

Elaida / Suffa

- Is a good damane.

Great thread thank you for starting it.

Archived