DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where are the posts I've made after Aug10?

yoniy0

Hi all.

You should be able to find the old boards (DM7), including all posts made after August 10th, at http://forums.dragonmount.com:8880/

If you have something important over there, please move it here. DM7 will stay up for at least a week, but that's not a whole lot of time.

I cannot understand this "move" - why isn't the old database imported? this feels so stupid. Sure it looks nice and all but.. what made you go ahead and f*** the nice site up?

Everything posted up to August 10th was imported. It shouldn't surprise anyone that it takes time to import everything on DM, and our boards don't wait for that, so some things have been lost in the transfer. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thankful for your patience.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm giving you a company line. What else would you have me say? The new boards should be better and faster. There's a price to pay for that, and I don't think it's unreasonable. I'm sorry if you do.

Everything posted up to August 10th was imported. It shouldn't surprise anyone that it takes time to import everything on DM, and our boards don't wait for that, so some things have been lost in the transfer. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thankful for your patience.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm giving you a company line. What else would you have me say? The new boards should be better and faster. There's a price to pay for that, and I don't think it's unreasonable. I'm sorry if you do.

In what way were the old boards slow? This is just a face-lift with distressing confusion as a result. Someone wanted to turn something old into new by changing everything and that is never ever a good choice. Change what needs changing, leave the rest alone. I for one really enjoyed the simplicity of the "old" site. I felt at home there and always knew where to go if I had a spare moment to surf around.. now I must re-learn and I don't like it because it takes time... >:( Couldn't you just have changed the graphics and left the site's infrastructure alone?

If it ain't broken - don't fix it. Do I need to get me another avatar now as well (nope I don't)? I guess I've been in and around Internet Forums too long to appreciate this nonsense anymore... The "we need change"-people must be sedated and left to change stuff where it isn't important, where they can do what ever they want and it won't affect anything. Had someone heard the general users complain over the site and its boards? Blood and bloody ashes...

magnutz, please contact me via PM if you have any specific requests/problems/comments.

I want this post to be about importing old posts.

BTW I'd appreciate it if you were more respectful towards the people (and I'm not speaking of myself) who've been working around the clock to make DM better. You can always disagree, but do so respectfully.

===

EDIT: Okay all. I'm locking this thread until I have a working link for you. Until then, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

In what way were the old boards slow? This is just a face-lift with distressing confusion as a result. Someone wanted to turn something old into new by changing everything and that is never ever a good choice. Change what needs changing, leave the rest alone. I for one really enjoyed the simplicity of the "old" site. I felt at home there and always knew where to go if I had a spare moment to surf around.. now I must re-learn and I don't like it because it takes time... >:( Couldn't you just have changed the graphics and left the site's infrastructure alone?

If it ain't broken - don't fix it. Do I need to get me another avatar now as well (nope I don't)? I guess I've been in and around Internet Forums too long to appreciate this nonsense anymore... The "we need change"-people must be sedated and left to change stuff where it isn't important, where they can do what ever they want and it won't affect anything. Had someone heard the general users complain over the site and its boards? Blood and bloody ashes...

Actually, the old site was in dire need of an upgrade. I'm glad you weren't having issues with it, but the majority of users were reporting that the forums loaded slowly and there numerous issues with the backend that made keeping them online a pain in the rear for the staff. On top of that, the art gallery crashed every couple weeks and the News section wasn't connected to the forums at all. This was a LONG over due upgrade of all the software that runs DM, as well as a hardware upgrade. I know it's a pain to have to relearn everything but we couldn't continue to put our extremely finite resources into a site that crashed every thirty days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

You should be able to find the old boards (DM7), including all posts made after August 10th, HERE.

If you have something important over there, please move it here. DM7 will stay up for at least a week, but that's not a whole lot of time.

Fiddlesticks is missing from the old boards...Did you delete it?

I need to grab updated thread info.

Hi all.

You should be able to find the old boards (DM7), including all posts made after August 10th, HERE.

It is there, you might need to login, it didn't default log me in either.

Hi all.

It is there, you might need to login, it didn't default log me in either.

Ah ha!

Odd I could always see fiddles without logging in before. :)

Archived