DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Asmodean

Terez

From Twitter: 

You are probably aware that RJ was willing to eliminate a suspect for Asmodean at two times: in 2001 and in 2005. In 2001 he eliminated Rand on a general question; in 2005 at DragonCon he eliminated Fain from a list of suspects. I think it is time for one more! With only 1.5 years to go' date=' it would be nice to have it narrowed down one more time (this with knowledge that you'd probably have to ask permission, and that it would be the last time before the reveal).  The new list should probably be: Lanfear, Graendal, Aviendha, Taim, Slayer, Moiraine, Sammael, Moridin.  I don't think anyone seriously argues anyone else, though I could be wrong.[/quote']

I will ask if I can eliminate one' date=' just for you.[/quote']

Yay!  I hope Harriet says yes.  There are a few easy outs on that list, but at least it's not the old list (which had Shaidar Haran and Demandred and Semirhage on it, not to mention Fain).  More people have been arguing Sammael again lately, since he didn't technically disqualify himself in POV.  Demandred is more certain to have disqualified himself.  No one argues Moiraine at Theoryland, but I was aware that some people here argued her (or at least did at one point), so I included her because I needed at least 8 names to make it comparable to the list that RJ chose from in 2005.  Same with Moridin.  Also, I'm aware that Tamyrlin and I are like the only people in the world that argue Aviendha.

From Theoryland, at

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=372

this about Asmo:

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcjspjqg_820f85qwbd6&revision=_latest

Question: Would you please name one character who did not kill Asmodean? Will you please name one of the following: Lanfear, Graendal, Moridin, Shaidar Haran, Padan Fain, Semirhage, Demandred, Mazrim Taim, Slayer. I thank you for your mercy and if you can please explain why they didn't do it that would be a nice touch.

Jordan: Padan Fain didn't because he wasn't in the right place at the right time. He would have if he had been in the right place at the right time, but he wasn't.

Isabel: Can you eliminate anyone from the list of suspects in Asmodean's murder?

RJ: No. I like to see you wondering. It should be obvious to anyone.

Isabel: Not even a single one?

RJ (After some thinking): Rand. Apart from him, I will not clear any other suspects. Not even Bela.

If I'm correct about the way Asmo met his end, then no, Rand did not murder him. RJ was being AS-ish!  ;)

From Theoryland, at

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=372

this about Asmo:

https://docs.google.com/View?docID=dcjspjqg_820f85qwbd6&revision=_latest

Question: Would you please name one character who did not kill Asmodean? Will you please name one of the following: Lanfear, Graendal, Moridin, Shaidar Haran, Padan Fain, Semirhage, Demandred, Mazrim Taim, Slayer. I thank you for your mercy and if you can please explain why they didn't do it that would be a nice touch.

Jordan: Padan Fain didn't because he wasn't in the right place at the right time. He would have if he had been in the right place at the right time, but he wasn't.

Isabel: Can you eliminate anyone from the list of suspects in Asmodean's murder?

RJ: No. I like to see you wondering. It should be obvious to anyone.

Isabel: Not even a single one?

RJ (After some thinking): Rand. Apart from him, I will not clear any other suspects. Not even Bela.

If I'm correct about the way Asmo met his end, then no, Rand did not murder him. RJ was being AS-ish!  ;)

Rand wonders what happened to Asmo, so in no way is he responsible for the death of him

A reminder, discussions about who killed Asmo is only allowed in that big scary thread on the Structured board.

If this thread sticks to talking about the question Terez raised - the group of suspects we hope Brandon will be allowed to eliminate one from, it is all fine. But if it goes off to talk about who killed him, I will lock it.

I would have to say that Aviendha could easily be discredited.  She was in the courtyard with him when he decided he'd go pilfering the pantry.  And since she had trouble weaving the Traveling weave, even after she "re-learned" it from Elayne, I don't see how she got through the last door he ever used.

Terez, why waste this now? In a few months we'll either know for certain, or at least we might have something else to go by. If we would've only presented Brandon with this request post-ToM, he still might've agreed, I think (or rather, seeing as how RJ was willing to comment every few years, Harriet is fairly likely to agree).

Also, while we're (remotely) on the subject, do you mind if I ask whether you use private messages with Brandon? It's sometimes difficult to make sense in your Twitter-conversations (of course, that might just be my utter lack of Twit-savvy).

No, I don't speak with Brandon privately.  He is very nice about answering questions on Twitter, and he seems to have a high tolerance level for crazy people like me.  I figured if he could handle Felix/Dida, then he could handle me.  ;D 

Anyway, I don't think it's a wasted question.  We might know for TOM, and in that case I'm not sure which way Harriet will go, but I think she would consider it fair enough if the reveal is not until AMOL, and maybe even if it's in TOM.

They can choose to answer at any time: now, at DragonCon for the 5-year anniversary of RJ's last elimination, or after TOM if the reveal is not until AMOL.  There is nothing to prevent us asking again.

I don't think the chance is wasted; don't sweat it.  These people are on our side. 

And yes, Felix and Dida are one and the same.  That should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.  ;)

What, you do not think there can be two people with an extreme Valan Luca-obsession? ;D

I tweeted about my Fain theory at Theoryland, and said it was 45 pages in Word, mostly quotes.  Felix then tweeted at me that he had over 700 pages of quotes for his Luca essay.  ::)  And of course, it's never just Luca, though as Brandon sagely observed, it all goes back to Luca for Felix.  But there's always Cyndane≠Lanfear and the various other trademarks which the wise have learned to ignore.

Archived