DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Length and Predicitions

Luckers

I asked Brandon this today: "I was wondering what sort of size the prologue is? Similar to tGS? Longer? Shorter?"

His answer: Longer.

Exciting. Who do you think will be in it? I'm thinking...

Pevara/Faolain/Myrelle--someone at the Black Tower. You get the idea.

Harine.

Elaida--Getting captured from her perspective (ok, this is a reach, I know. I just wanna see it). Definately something from Seanchan.

Seonid--someone from Perrin's camp at least, but not Perrin.

Elayne--watching Mat arrive in Caemlyn. Possibly Verin.

Keep in mind that Brandon split RJs original prologue more or less in half, so it could fit with both TGS and TOfM. Granted, he has added his own parts to it, but if the greater chunk of it is RJs, there will be very little reflectings on what happened in TGS.

I expect to See:

Caemlyn

BT

Some forsaken (Halima?)

Possibly the remaining Shaido, if they still have a part to play.

Seanchan mainland (And this will be the only glimpse we get of what is happening there)

Some forsaken (Halima?)

Ooh. I like the Aran'gar concept. I had problems with Graendal being in the ToM prologue given she was in the tGS prologue, but Aran'gar, with the alliance, and the 'up in the air, where'd she go--oh Graendal alliance' I think that fits very neatly.

Aran'gar POV involving Graendal. Fo sho.

I certainly hope not, I can see the rest like BT and Caemlyn glimpses and even an Eliada scene. But aren't we DONE with the Shaido yet? I was done with them after tFoH and I hope we never see them again. I'd even willingly be they are the remenant of a remenant for the simple fact that they stayed away from Randland at this point.

I certainly hope not, I can see the rest like BT and Caemlyn glimpses and even an Eliada scene. But aren't we DONE with the Shaido yet? I was done with them after tFoH and I hope we never see them again. I'd even willingly be they are the remenant of a remenant for the simple fact that they stayed away from Randland at this point.

Thing is, if they are supposed to be the remant of a remnant, it would be nice to see them, if not arrive safely in the Waste, at least be well on their way. And if they are not supposed to be that remnant, lets see them intercepted by a lot of hungry hungry trollocs... ;D

Since TGS I've felt like there was a missing scene that should've been in the prologue of Rand being given Artur Hawkwings sword Justice.

Maybe, to give us a reference of going back in time in the story, this will happen in the prologue?

Wasn't the prologue for AMOL that RJ wrote divided into two parts for TGS and ToM?

I think the prologue will be Forsaken-centric.  We're due for a Demandred POV, I think we'll see it in the prologue.  Possibly Mesaana as well. 

We'll also see POV's from major characters not seen in TGS, so that means Elayne and Lan.

There were 6 POV's in the TGS prologue.  Since Brandon indicated it will be longer, I also believe we'll see a Black Tower plotline POV...from Logain.

I believe we'll see a Tuon POV, with the fallout from the White Tower raid.

And finally, I think we'll see a Berelain POV...where she at least sees her man in white.

Perhaps he rammed the Pevara being Awesome scenes in it with a hacksaw?

Gods, I hope so.  Pevara being awesome is one of the scenes I'm most looking forward to.  Unfortunately, I think it's one of those scenes that has a good chance of never even happening, too.  Hopefully the whole Pevara-being-awesome-Black-Tower-kick-assery isn't one of the major scenes that Brandon Sanderson has decided necessarily needed to be cut.

Perhaps he rammed the Pevara being Awesome scenes in it with a hacksaw?

Gods, I hope so.  Pevara being awesome is one of the scenes I'm most looking forward to.  Unfortunately, I think it's one of those scenes that has a good chance of never even happening, too.  Hopefully the whole Pevara-being-awesome-Black-Tower-kick-assery isn't one of the major scenes that Brandon Sanderson has decided necessarily needed to be cut.

i dont understand why every1 thinks Pevara is awesome. what has she done exactly?

She's the best Good Red we've seen. Though I like Tarna just a bit more personally. It's like finding a nice Slytherin as proof that the author really didn't  mean to make a group of bad guys afterall. Also she ha an interesting backstory and has so far been one of the most efficient AS. I mean I can't think of a single moment where she acted like a arrogant stuck up know it all AS like many AS I could mention.

She has guts to start hunting Black Ajah with even less info then the wonder girls. Hell the more I think on it the more I like her.

I don't expect that much, if anything, will be chronologically after anything that happened in TGS, except maybe the prologue.  Apparently, it was all one prologue at first, at least partly written by RJ, and Brandon split it, so it would be odd to see something from Perrin's plotline, though Galad would be not as strange.  Maybe I am wrong.

I'm not sure what I expect from the prologue.  Lan maybe, or something in the Borderlands.  Something from the Borderlander rulers would be nice, though the timeline gets weird there.  Perhaps something from Elayne.  Perhaps another of the Forsaken.  Brandon did add a little to the half of the TGS prologue that he moved to TOM, so maybe Graendal is a possibility.  Perhaps Slayer or Fain.  And if we are very lucky, maybe Moiraine.  ;D

Archived