DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elaida calling Egwene a Darkfriend

Guest SkrikerPhookah

In regards to Fain's corrupting influence over Elaida, when Moiraine explained the tragic downfall of Aridhol to the Two Rivers companions, she made a point of mentioning that the downfall of the once great city was largely in part of how paranoia and suspicion against the shadow turned inward corrupting the city that is now Shadar Logoth. As Fain is possessed by Mordeth, it always seemed to me that when he makes references to being "more than what the shadow made him" he meant his powers from being Mordeth as well as whatever happened that changed him after being wrung out in Shayol Ghul. Since the evil in Aridhol is laced with the corruption of suspicion, I just made the connection that he could easily corrupt others with that same power. I remember at least one reference to him having more than just the dagger as a means to do evil.

Oh and Elaida is beyond mentally bent by the middle of TGS so that alone could have been enough. I just think Fain could easily have guaranteed her tipping completely.

egwene could as well be a df. i just couldnt rmbr (i maybe wrong) any situation egwene referring to 'Dark One' or 'Sheitan' or what ever those under the light uses, of course she hasnt used 'Great Lord' either.

Not to rain on your wishful thinking parade but if she was a dark friend she wouldn't be worried about 13x13 so much. She may have a taint from lasy that was a dude (aran'gar? Or was it the other gar... too long since my last read through) but isn't likely to be a dark friend... unless in the last 1/3 of the intended last book she gets 13x13"d.

Egwene told the Three Oaths and said she wasn't a DF. After that, she wondered how on earth Messaana could have tricked the Oath Rod.

So, she was bound by the Oaths and didn't know how to circumvent that when she said she wasn't a DF. That means she said the Truth. She is not a Darkfriend.

No, he actually says he brushed her with what he carried from Shadar Logoth.

Unlikely Niall would have ever supported al'Thor any more than Elaida would have, but it was best not to take too much for granted with Rand bloody al'Thor. Well, he had brushed them both with what he carried from Aridhol; they might possibly trust their own mothers, but never al'Thor now.

That cannot be the dagger, he did not have it with him for either meeting. It means, simply, the mordeth powers.

But Aridhol's taint has affected Elaida to some degree, leading to increased paranoia and, in turn, irrationality.

Archived