DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

do you think an actual dragon will make an appearance?

I'm hoping that since the dragon creature is such an important symbol throughout the series that it will appear at some point in the last two books. I don't know how it will appear, but the people of Randland had to get the idea of a dragon from somewhere, right? Maybe it's been in the Finn's land this whole time, or in a different dimension via portal stones... who knows? I just have this inkling that it'll be vital to winning Tarmon Gaidon somehow.

*crosses fingers*

I've often wondered is the Seanchan might end up dragging one over from across the Aryth Ocean.  They do have lots of strange creatures, many of which are large and reptilian so a dragon would fit right in.  Perhaps once the Seanchan officially unite with the other forces of The Light that will be one of their big contributions.

I hope Rand turns into a Dragon & Battles the Great Lord in the Sky.

NOOO Dragons!

This WoT World is so unique it would kill it just to have something related to OUR crummy world  :'(

Yes i seek refuge in my books. back off <.<

I don't know if you realize this or not but Dragons don't exist in OUR crummy world.

I doubt very much that dragons will make a physical appearance in the story.  If they ever truly existed, and were not simply a fabrication from some someone's mind (like the dragons of our world), then they may have existed in an earlier age.  Also, if they did make an appearance, I think it would be much likelier that they would come from Shara, than Seanchan.  Fits the whole Eastern Asia motif.

I'm pretty sure RJ said there would be no real dragons in the story.

He did.

I think he said something along the lines of "LT was called the dragon, and that was his sigil, so due to that, they got called dragons, and didn't have any sort of actual existence" or something

Lowlander: Are there any dragons (like real dragons (=animals)) in Rand's world? If not where did they get the idea of dragons?

RJ: There are no animal dragons of any kind in this world. the people speak of a man called the Dragon. They know that the banner that has a certain creature on it was the banner of this man and they have taken to calling this creature the dragon. To them it is a simple association with the name of this man.

Archived