DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does the Pattern want the Seanchan to win?

mellojoe

I have not read TGS, so please no major spoilers if possible.

Rand is trying to make a truce with the Seanchan to prepare for the Last Battle.

Perrin made a truce with the Seanchan to save his wife.

Matt is making a bond with the Seanchan by marrying the Daughter of the Nine Moons, the heir to the Seanchan empire.

All of these events are affected around Ta'veren, for whom the Pattern can shape around to ensure its survival.  Is the Pattern pushing these people to form the alliances in order to ensure Artur Hawkwing's empire returns to reclaim Randland?  All 3 of them had lucky circumstances in which they met up with and were able to secure their truces.  (Matt and Tuon is propesized.  Perrin luckily bumps into Tylee and she remembers the Seanchan's prophecies.  Rand is, well, Rand.)

Any thoughts?

The Pattern is definetly pushing for an alliance of sorts, but as Luckers pointed out, not to win. There is enough evidence to point to a cultural change happening in the Seanchan too, similar to what everyone else has pretty much gone through.

The following is very mildly spoilerish, in that it tells you certain things DIDN'T happen in TGS. If you don't want to know, stop reading here.

I agree an allegiance is in store for us. I recently stumbled on the idea that Rand will have to solve his Borderlander problems before he does his foreign ones, since the Aelfinn told him [first] the north and the east must be as one [and only then] the two must be as one.

Archived