DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Willing to take on the Wheel- A Recruitment Process

Natrix

Since my beginning in this journey we know and love as Wheel of Time I’ve always longed for someone that I actually know to read these books. I have friends that are readers to some degree, but not willing to take this on. I’ve recruited like college football coach to entice people to try the series. Luckily after I read the series I found Dragonmount and I’ve been pretty satisfied until….

My sister, who I’ve discussed the books with before, seemed to be interested in getting started.  Her and I have somewhat similar taste in fantasy reading ex. HP, Eragon, Tolkien, etc. Finally she decided to start reading tEOtW on Tuesday.  Last update was that she was 100 pages in and the somewhat “fellowship” is getting ready to leave the two rivers. I am proud to say that so far she loves it! Hopefully my recruiting process has finally found someone to be spun through the Wheel.

I just thought it would be a story worth sharing. I also wondered if anyone else had this similar scenario? I love going on the forums (mostly lurking). It’s really fun, informative, and helps me get through work (yeah I said it lol). Even though it is fun I’ve always liked the idea of having a fun discussion with someone in person. I’m kind of a “face to face” person. I’m looking forward to her questions and theories as she moves along, at least I hope! I know there is a thread going through with someone reading for their first time. If anyone would like updates about my sister’s first read let me know. I’ll update as much as she update me haha!

As I side note. She has a PHD in Psychology and wondered if there was character with “issues”. All I could say was RAFO haha!

Cheers-

Nate

Yeah, I don't know many people who've read them myself. I know one other, who was awesome enough to let me borrow TGS when I was broke. The only person I think I've successfully convinced to begin reading them felt there was a very sexist attitude in the books, and hasn't picked them up again since then.

Internet forums ftw!

Archived