DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Leafers

torrente

The Tinkers will probably have some role to play, even if its just baby sitting children while the rest of humanity fights at TG. The Aiel who went back to the way of the leaf will support the Tinkers, and the Aiel who are servants, and gaishan who refuse to put off white will snap out of it and fight. I hope.

Drive the tinkers at the Trollocs! when they fall down and cower, they might trip the shadowspawn up :P

Just joking ppl!

not everyone will fight during TG, and I dont mean just the tinkers. I doubt seanchan settlers will be drafted, then theres the too young, the too old, the lame, anyone too far away and too isolated to be thought about.

Also remember that an untrained boy soldier poses a greater risk to his friends than to his allies

Also remember that an untrained boy soldier poses a greater risk to his friends than to his allies

Are you sure this is what you meant to say?

they would do more damage to allies than foes, they would be destroyed and be more likely to route which would kill allies moral which is usually what wins battles

What's your woman's name, that was rounding up the frightened chickens sorry the Kin at the farm after they all used the Bowl of the Winds? Alise, was it? They should set her up outside Fal Dara, and give her all the Tinkers to help her. It'd be the best run battleground ever.

Or the majhere of the Stone of Tear - remember Thom thinks if they'd set her on the Trolloocs, she'd have had them out mopping.

Basically the Tinkers are gonna be sitting around waiting to help/die, whichever comes first.

I wonder what will happen to them when Tarmon Gaidon starts?   

Are they allowed to support an army in any way?  Food, supplies, etc?

Poor Leafers.

I'd say they'll run the crèche, the field hospital, general aid to the AS's doing the healing there, the food, and morale with all the singing and saucy dancing.

Are You sarcastic?

I think that TG is something like a war. And normal people run and hide in times of war. And Tinkers aren't just "normal people", they are persecuted people.

I don't remember something remarkable about Tinkers, like "baby sitting children", at the battle in Two Rivers.

And because of the safety have Tinkers gathered near Ebou Dar.

But..., maybe I make a mistake, in Almoth Plain hasn't come a Tinker's messenger to Rand..., ...Tinkers could have a council... - ...they could take a decision.

Edit:

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Leya reports to Moiraine  on conditions on Almoth Plain. (TDR,Ch2)

Maybe they find the song finally  ;)

I agree.  I think this is going to have a huge impact.  Whether during or after TG, I feel they'll probably rediscover the song and the ogier and humans will sing life into the blight.  That's my guess. And perhaps the AS will make another Nym?

@Pats: precisely. Given Egwene's wish to organise ALL the channelers in the world, presumably under her control (hey, and I like the girl), I think the support services, so to speak, for this Last Battle are going to be somewhat prepared. That means some sensible kind of field hospitals, prob run by the Kin, as that's where all their channeling experience is, pretty much. It makes sense to have the Tinkers, as many as you can catch, minding orphaned children, running errands, helping keep the place clean, running the kitchens etc.

Every able body is gonna be snatched up for use. Channeling Tinker women are already AS, and no Tinker at all is gonna actually sign up to fight, but that doesn't mean they won't give what aid they can.

I wonder what will happen to them when Tarmon Gaidon starts?   

Are they allowed to support an army in any way?  Food, supplies, etc?

Poor Leafers.

I'd say they'll run the crèche, the field hospital, general aid to the AS's doing the healing there, the food, and morale with all the singing and saucy dancing.

Are You sarcastic?

I think that TG is something like a war. And normal people run and hide in times of war. And Tinkers aren't just "normal people", they are persecuted people.

I don't remember something remarkable about Tinkers, like "baby sitting children", at the battle in Two Rivers.

And because of the safety have Tinkers gathered near Ebou Dar.

But..., maybe I make a mistake, in Almoth Plain hasn't come a Tinker's messenger to Rand..., ...Tinkers could have a council... - ...they could take a decision.

Edit:

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Leya reports to Moiraine  on conditions on Almoth Plain. (TDR,Ch2)

Maybe I'm just misreading this part, but are you saying Tinkers didn't babysit the children in the Battle of Two Rivers? Because they most definitely did. They also nursed Perrin when he was injured by Trollocs.

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/books/kod/ch12.html

Neald scoffs at the Tinkers for cowards but Perrin defends them telling how they protected the children when Trollocs attacked Emond's Field.

Frankly, I'd say aunt_pol's suggestion of what the Tinkers do to be the most likely, or I would if their hadn't been foreshadowing that they were a bit more significant than that.

Archived