DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Flying Dirt Clumps and Flaring Tempers [ATTN: Ursana]

Guest Estel

Leopard in the Tree. Unfolding the Fan. Lion on the Hill. Arc of the Moon. Return to Lion on the Hill. Parting the Silk quickly followed by The Kingfisher Takes a Silverback. Back in Lion on the Hill. The Falcon Swoops. Return to guard stance and execute The Courtier Taps his Fan. The Grapevine Twists moving into The Hummingbird Kisses the Honeyrose. Back in Lion on the Hill and glide smoothly into Heron Wading in the Rushes. Hold. Hold. Hoooo…

“Damn!†Faerthines swore as he lost his balance. The boy flailed his arms madly, trying to keep himself from falling flat on his face. However, it did him little good and he fell anyway. In moments, he was on his knees, swearing up a storm. Somehow, he had managed to drop his broadsword and land on the edge when he fell.

Continuing his string of curses- coherence was not important just then, only that he get out as many vulgar expressions as possible- he winced forced himself to stop clutching the bleeding hand to his body. Biting back a cry of pain, he saw that the webbing between his thumb and forefinger was sliced cleanly open to the bone. The cut continued across his palm but luckily it was not too deep. He was fortunate not to have lost the hand, but like in so many situations, Faerthines overlooked that as his temper got the best of him.

“Mother’s milk in a cup!†he shouted. “My bloody sword hand! Bloody sword!†Already in his time at the Yards he was becoming known for his temper tantrums. However, rather than being simply verbally violent when he was furious, Faerthines also became physically violent. Spotting a conveniently located dirt clump, he vented his rage on it.

Unfortunately, Faerthines was not the only Trainee occupying the Yards this lovely afternoon. Sent flying by his kick, the dirt clump flew straight and true through the air- if one can call being five foot high ‘in the air’- colliding with the back of another Trainee.

There really was something to be said about his luck. Mostly, that it was bad. Mostly, it meant he got into fights he never meant to and into situations he would never have dreamed himself into. This was the perfect example of how Ursana Tahn Sakhr had NOT planning on having his day interrupted by a flying clod of dirt sent flying directly into the back of his head as he was trying to work off a nice stinging blow from his latest mentor. He turned and looked back to the cursing trainee and had no doubt where the dirt had come from. Running a hand across the spot he glared at the other man.

"Hey, mind watching yourself?" Not too rude, but not polite. The guy was obviously having a bad day. So what, a part of Sana demanded, wasn't he having a bad day too? Wasn't he allowed to show off a little of the family temper that was so well known around here even if he rarely showed it? It had just been a crappy morning and this was the least of the things he wanted to deal with right now. He really wanted to go to bed and fight off this headache that was beginning to settle at the base of his neck, but he was more in the mood to yell. "Innocent bystanders walking through don't happen to appreciate being hit by your temper tanrtums. And you could at least enunciate if you're going to foul the air with your language. At least let people know what you're saying." He said with a sneer.

((Oh my.. what have you done with my Sana?))

dmursana.jpg

ooc: not sure what I did to Sana :wink: but Faerthines is becoming more and more like his mummy

ic:

Faerthines could not even count the amount of fights he had been in back home. There were numerous scars over his body from the knife fights he had gotten himself into. He had been nothing better than average with his knives and he lost as many times as he won- unlike in Ebou Dar, the young Domani males had decided not to depopulate the city and instead fought till first blood. Often as not, it had been he who had started the fights. His temper was a match for his mothers, though he did not know that yet.

Every muscle in his body tensed. His fists were clenched at his sides, the wound nearly forgotten in his anger flared to rage by the other man’s comments. He was sure the grinding of his teeth was audible to the entire Yards. If the clenched fist wasn’t enough to make his anger apparent, his face displayed it for the world to see. It had changed from its usual shade of copper to something close to purple. His brow was furrowed so far it barely showed the dangerous glint in his eye. Usually he could be considered good-looking, in a sort of graceful, feminine way, but not now. With his teeth bared in a snarl, he looked almost bestial.

He eyed the other in open disparagement. “And just who are you? Dark hair, light eyes, pale skin, tall; obviously not from anyplace. Must be some mangy cur the Tower Guard pulled off the streets. Mother was a tavern whore, father an unemployed drunk or criminal.†His voice dripped condensation and he spat on the ground for emphasis.

“And just who are you? Dark hair, light eyes, pale skin, tall; obviously not from anyplace. Must be some mangy cur the Tower Guard pulled off the streets. Mother was a tavern whore, father an unemployed drunk or criminal.â€

Sana's laugh was bitter. He'd been called a number of things in his life because of his heritage. If people couldn't place you at first glance you were either a criminal or beneath their notice. It was astonishing really that people could judge one another so quickly. "And I suppose you must be the Lord of the Manor, just spending your time here until your mother and father pass you the keys to a lifetime of wealth." he said in a snide voice.

It was unlike him to be so intentionally mean, but this wasn't a customer to put at ease or a stranger coming across the family's trading train. This was another trainee who he was going to have to deal with again probably. Light, why was there always someone out there with a chip on his shoulder who felt Ursana was the one to do it? "Yes, I suppose you are just dirtying your hands with us for a while until your real life kicks in and you can go claim it." He shook his head. "My name is Ursana Tahn Sakhr. I'm from a trading family so you'll excuse me if I don't happen to look as pretty boy as you do. I'll take my exotic looks over yours anyday. Wait... come to think of it, you don't look the manor type, with that wonderful scar. I can think of a few places you can get those and all for not so nice reasons." And with the disparaging remarks made about his family, Ursana threw a wild guess out. "Perhaps because little pretty boy isn't from such a grand family after all..."

dmursana.jpg

Mentioning parents to an abandoned bastard is never a good way to become friends- not that it seemed a possibility between the two anymore. Faerthines’ face grew impossibly redder and his teeth were clenched so tight his jaw ached. Rage ran through his veins, clouding his judgement and controlling his actions. Immediately his fists clenched tight- followed by a wince, suddenly remembering his injured hand. He was already in the process of bringing his arm back to throw a punch when a name jumped out at him.

Tahn Sahkr.

He froze. But rather than having surprise calm him down enough to realize what he was doing, it sent him into an near frenzy. Tahn Sakhr. Rosheen Tahn Sakhr. Faerthines had not been idle in the Yards and neither had he stopped his search for his mother. Apparently, some years back- a year or so before his birth- Rosheen and Estel had gotten into a fight. Rumours had embellished the tale so that it was hard to discern what really happened. One story said they had both nearly killed each other; another said Rosheen had nearly killed Estel; yet another said Estel nearly killed Rosheen. As to who began the fight, Faerthines didn’t think anyone knew anymore, such had the rumours expanded- blood and ashes, some even accused his mother of being Black Ajah! One thing was for certain, Estel had become something of a joke in the Yards. Afterall, who had ever hear of an Aes Sedai being banned from the Warders Yard?

Faerthines had always grown up listening to stories of his mother’s “adventuresâ€, but the stories had always portrayed her as a perfect Aes Sedai: courageous, smart, serene... This fight between Estel and Rosheen contradicted that image. He wanted to know what had really happened. Doubts had begun to plague him, though he refused to acknowledge them. His mother couldn’t be a disgrace. She just couldn’t!

Whatever else Ursana had said was lost on the young Domani. He turned his attention back to the trader’s son just in time to catch his last insult. "Perhaps because little pretty boy isn't from such a grand family after all..." “My mother’s an...†He caught himself just in time. He still hadn’t told anyone of his relation to Estel. For some reason, something was holding him back.

To cover his slip, he instead turned the conversation towards Ursana’s last name. “Tahn Sakhr?†The way he twisted his words, it sounded like an insult. “You wouldn’t happen to be related to Rosheen Tahn Sakhr?†The way he made it sound, there was no greater disgrace than to be related to Rosheen Tahn Sakhr. In Faerthines’ mind, there wasn’t.

"... don't happen to appreciate being hit by your temper tanrtums. And you could at least enunciate if you're going to foul the air with your language. At least let people know what you're saying."

Blinking, Aran's eyes snapped open as he came out of his reverie. Leaning on his favourite tree, faith, he had been dozing when the voice of a snippy trainee had cut through the haze. While he would have been tempted to simply throw something nearby at the lad, he realised it was Rosheen's little brother. Furthermore, he knew of the other lad and his penchant for a tantrum, other trainees had spoken of it to him.

After a couple of exchanges, it became apparent where the insults were going to lead. A fisticuffs of some sorts, the lads being restrained, Ginae having to deal with the pair of them with her authoritarian manner, a punishment of some sort which was meant to teach them the valuable lesson of restraint, patience, and not assaulting each other in the future. But Aran had the power to change destiny! He realised that if he got up now and disrupted things before they went further, he could save them from the punishment that was surely coming their way.

If Aran were a responsible Tower Guard.

Therein lay the flaw of the situation, which was why Aran didn't stir from where he was. In fact, he was looking forward to a bit of sport and watching the lads clumsily flail at each other. They'd achieve nothing except a shouting and a punishment, and maybe they'd be a bit wiser for it. Well, probably not, but this was certainly not worth Aran getting off his arse. So he watched through bare slits with a certain anticipation.

Someone else could break them up when they started.

Aran

Tower Guard

OOC: I'm in place to spectate! :D

((OOC: OMG James! I love Aran!))

“You wouldn’t happen to be related to Rosheen Tahn Sakhr?â€

The tone of voice left something to be desired. Like respect. His sister had worked hard to get where she was, she deserved respect and the honor that her title claimed. This idiot of a trainee was obviously missing a little something. Like a brain. Moral fiber? A sense of decency? The list was getting longer in Ursana's head and he decided he needed to cut it out before it got any worse. He had always been touchy about Rosheen, ever since she'd left and never come back to the train for him. It was the reason he was in the Yards, after all, to breech the gap between them and try to get to know her in a way that his 6 year old self hadn't been able to know her then.

"In fact, I would be." He said, pride shining in his eyes as he stood a little straighter. "Rosheen is my sister. Is that an issue?" He said with a pleasant smile on his face. He was rather hoping it was. Light, but he was spending too much time with Maldrin the mad! The thought almost made him back off, but it was really on the other man now. If he'd back off his sister they could probably walk away. If he said anything about Rosheen though... that was a different matter altogether.

dmursana.jpg

Once again he walked the streets of Bander Eban in his pompous nobleman’s glory. He fixed the wretched beggar before him with a look of disdainful disgust. Skirting the dirty man, he ignored the maniacal raving that followed him. Why did such filth bother to scrape a living? Wouldn’t they be happier dead? They were as useful dead as they were alive. Disgust, contempt and arrogance filled him, pasting an ugly expression over his face.

Faerthines fixed the other Trainee with the same expression. “And you’re proud of that? Burn me if I’d admit I had some fool sister stupid enough to anger some bloody Sedai! Nearly got herself killed, didn’t she?â€

Few things could provoke a person faster than insulting their family. Faerthines, or course, knew this and had been trying to anger Ursana. There was only one solution to this in his mind- or at least his temper would allow for only one solution. Just as he had been taught, he assumed the Spring. Fury, boiling inside him, powered his every move, begging to be released. He did not move yet, but he flexed his left arm in preparation. Despite having sorely injured his dominant hand, his stupid adolescent pride told him he could still exchange punches with the other and experience no true handicap.

Only moments had passed since the last bout of insults had left his mouth and now he made his move. He hadn’t gotten himself into too many fist fights back home, yet he still thought he could handle Ursana. Faerthines brought his left fist all the way back before swinging with all his power. His stupidity didn’t register, his mind lay in a sort of fog, common sense having abdicated control to anger. There were a couple dozen people around and he would pay for this later.

• 3 weeks later...

“And you’re proud of that? Burn me if I’d admit I had some fool sister stupid enough to anger some bloody Sedai! Nearly got herself killed, didn’t she?â€

And before he knew what was happening, the trainee was throwing a punch. It landed before Sana could believe the fool was stupid enough to actually throw a punch with his hand all bloodied. Staggering back, he moved into the defensive, making sure a second blow wasn't forthcoming.

"You think an Aes Sedai is a match for my sister with a weapon?" He laughed. "Use the Power on her maybe, but that seems a bit like cheating, wouldn't you say? Course, you don't seem like the thinking type so you probably hadn't throught that far, had you?"

In truth, Ursana had no idea what the man was talking about, but it didn't stop him anyway. He went on the offensive then and landed a quick jab before the other saw he was coming. Speed had always been a greater friend to Ursana than strength.

dmursana.jpg

His opponent’s punch to the jaw fanned the quickly growing wildfire of anger within Faerthines. Moving to defend against another hit, he squared himself so his body was turned, protecting his groin with his left knee. Limited experience in fisticuffs told him to bring his fists up to protect his face from any further hits. However, with his dominant hand all but useless, he wouldn’t be able to throw many strong punches and the other boy was quick, quicker than him. Unfortunately rage had taken over common sense long ago else he might have found himself thinking along the lines of ‘Blood and ashes, how did I land myself in this rubbish pile?’

He spat blood from his cheek and loose teeth over Ursana’s boots as he returned the Trainee’s insult. “Cheating?†he scoffed “Hardly cheating when the Power’s her main weapon. How could bloody Rosheen be stupid enough to attack a Sister with full control over the One Power?â€

Almost before he had finished his retort he flew into an attack. Feigning a right swing to the face, he threw an undercut with his uninjured fist. Not waiting for his brain to compute whether or not there had been an impact, he turned his body and brought his right knee in the direction of Ursana’s groin.

... he turned his body and brought his right knee in the direction of Ursana’s groin.

And connected squarely. Sana managed to take a couple weak steps back to try to get away from the other trainee. The wind had literally been knocked out of him by the attack and he wasn't sure he was going to be able to stand up much longer. To his surprise the other man hadn't come full force after that attack. He took a deep breath and it seemed to help him recover a bit more.

His anger was worse than it had ever been. He coudln't seem to think clear of this thing anymore, didn't care that the fight was ridiculous, or that he could have walked away from this one. He was seeing red and the pain started to recede from his consciousness.

His yell became more of a roar as he barreled into the other trainee, taking them both to the ground and into a flurry of thrown punches.

dmursana.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

The tussle in the yard grew loud enough to break Cairma's concentration. Looking over her shoulder from where she was sitting, her eyes open and the small crowd quickly drew her attention. Although, there wasn't 'technically' a crowd, people were watch, as oppossed to gathering.

Never the less, it was REDICULOUS! Even her tussles was never.... LIGHT! Did they just attack eachohers Groins?! The image of Aran falling over from a similar hit nearly made her smile, but it became rather clear to her that the boys were out for blood. Light, where were the responsible ones when you needed them!?

Tucking Beast into it's sheath (as it had just been laying across her lap) she marched over, glowering...

Clearing her voice, she pulled in air and opened up her lungs the way a gleeman had once shown her, "ENOUGH!!" And not allowing the boys a second to let it register that she was standing there, she tock a quick swipe of her sword (sheathed) nearly buring it into the ground Right inbetween the two boys seperating them while they were momentarily apart (for the mere seconds they were). Her thumb was on the latch that would release the sword from it's sheath.

"Intolerable behaviour! Both of you. This is a place of Training and positive reinforcement. If you wish to beat eachothers brains out, Take it OUT of the yard." She glared at them with cold eyes and an impassive face. "Do yourself both a favour and walk it off before i call in Ginae to find something more constructive for you two to do."

The 5'6" petite female with the 6 foot sword looked up at the two bloodied much taller boys, mearly comical, if it weren't for the fact that she would kick both thier cute tushes into the morrow leaving them unable to sit or do very little else... Possibly perminantly if 'healing' was not so readily available.

Cairma

TG

Ooc: let me know if you need this changed.

ooc: works for me

Shock momentarily stayed his limbs when Ursana tackled him to the ground. When pain tore through the shock, Faerthines let out a cry and began to return his opponents’ punches.

Roughly five minutes of flying fists, legs, dirt and blood followed. Very little went through the Trainee’s brain as he mindlessly struck out wherever he though Ursana might be. Because his view was obstructed by a number of reasons- one; that both his eyes were beginning to swell shut after being hit numerous times, two; he rarely turned his face towards the other boy as the act would open that very vital body part up to worse injury, three; limbs were often too close to his face to see around and lastly; at one point ‘Sana was actually sitting on him and holding his face into the ground as the other boy rained in punches.

It was after the former Domani heir finally threw Ursana off him that Cairma took advantage of their brief separation. Faerthines had just been about to throw himself back at his opponent when the massive sword- bigger than he- blocked his path. He winced and, almost in trepidation, looked up as her tirade washed over them.

When she was finished, Faerthines stood- well, eventually he stood, his body was so battered that it took numerous attempts, complete with sounds effects, to accomplish the ‘monumental’ task. First he looked resentfully to the female Guard and then disparagingly spat blood at Ursana. After expressing his feelings of disapproval for both of them, he began to totter away in the direction of the infirmary.

ooc: we can keep going if you like...

And in true fashion... Ursana watched the other trainee walk off and felt incredibly guilty. This had been monumentally stupid. Beyond the pain inflicted by the other man, and it was considerable if the burning in his ribs was anything to go by, he knew that this fight was something that shouldn't have happened. He'd let his temper get the best of him when he normally kept a pretty good control over it. Why was today any different than normal? He didn't have an answer for that. But he did have an answer for his behavior now.

He got up off the ground, ignoring the woman with the sword. With Rosheen as a sister it was hard to think of anyone else as intimidating really. Her personality was just... so much bigger than anything else he'd ever met that it was easy to brush most people aside after meeting her.

Walking after the other man, he approached noisely, making sure the other heard him coming. "Truce?" He said as he walked.

dmursana.jpg

The sound of footsteps behind him was hardly a welcome sound. Faerthines didn’t want to know who was following him. All he wanted was to get his numerous injuries taken care of, punishment could wait. He had expected it to be Cairma or perhaps one of the other Tower Gaurds or Warders who had been watching the fight. He hadn’t expected Ursana.

“Truce?â€

The Domani nearly laughed in disbelief.

‘Truce?’ Was the other boy mad? How could he want a truce after pounding on Faerthines for what now seemed like forever. What was the other Trainee doing? Was this what people called forgiveness? That concept was completely lost on the hot-headed boy.

‘An eye for an eye’ Faerthines thought as he sneered at the other’s hand and walked on.

Ooc: sorry...truce isn’t really in his family’s nature...

Had he really grown another head? The way the other trainee looked at him he might as well have. Actually, he needed to grow a brain. How did he always find himself in this situation? He was an easygoing kind of guy that didn't enjoy fighting. He liked to gamble, to talk to people, and to cuddle a girl or two. Fighting was not high on his list of priorities. He differentiated his work in the Yards as something different, as defending, not fighting because fighting implied that he went looking for trouble when in fact he liked peace.

He watched the other man walk off, not able to offer the beginnings of an apology. Somehow he got the sense that this wasn't over, not matter that they had been broken up. Sometimes, family ties were too strong to break and something about their's seem to twist them a bit. He knew his connection to Rosheen was a sensitive thing, something he protected and cradled. It wasn't something that he would allow to take a beating. Light, he was in the Yards because he'd wanted to be with her and get to know her the way his 6 year old self hadn't.

Still, nothing made this feel any better so he started back through the Yard. A trip to the infirmary was probably in order. He would live, but he wasn't the type to suffer for his stupidity anymore than he had to.

dmursana.jpg