DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Project Gutenberg

Nightstrike

I don't know if anyone else has asked about this. I assume a bunch of you all have e-readers. I've just ordered one myself. Will probably take at least another week for me to have it in my hands. I have already started downloading books from Project Guthenberg. Now to the questions: What are your experiences, is the language outdated in those books; what books do you recommend, especially for the fan of fantasy/supernatural/the like; any other tips you like to share?

Just as a note: it's Gutenberg. No h.

And I find that the quality varies. I put the all of the Sherlock Holmes on to my eReader from there - and they are very good quality, though not quite professional quality.

Also, the quality of the experimental formats is variable - sometimes you get layout issues not present in the HTML version.

Hmmm....

H G Wells' work is well worth a look if you haven't already.

I'd recommend The Time Machine and War of the Worlds - they are far better than the film adaptions.

Aside from that, I don't really know any authors whose work is out-of-copyright in the US; especially not in the sci-fi / fantasy era.

I'd recommend going to a bookshop / library, looking in their classics section and then looking on Gutenberg to see if it is available.

Archived