DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I never understood: TPOD, What was Moggy's True Intention by Channeling at Gran?

I never really thought about it too much until rereading/skimming back through Book 8/TPOD last night and it jumped out at me. I guess I never caught it - or never comprehended the reasoning for it before.

I am talking about Chapter 12 New Alliances during The Graendal/Moggy/Cyndane Social when Graendal detects Moggy beginning to channel at her.

It just made no sense. It makes no sense....First of All: Noone is stupid enough to attack an advesary on their Home Turf, so to speak. Moggy (or any Forsaken) certainly wouldn't be that dumb. Also, Moggy had to have known that Graendal would be armed with an angreal,which she was, but that also Graendal would have her surroundings boobytrapped with a few inverted webs set to go off at the slightest hint of channeling. ... It would be suicide. ... Also, Moridin's orders were clear for the Soul-Trapped Twin's visit to Graendal. She was NOT to be killed, but to be turned to Moridin.

I guess I just never understood what that scene was really about or what happened there.

Fish

Moggy and Cyndane were sent to bring Graendal in without hurting her. Graendal wasn't having that so Moghedian channeled out the lights--bringing the shadow through which Shadar Haren could travel. She wasn't attacking Graendal, she was effectively calling in reinforcements.

The second the lights went out Graendal thought she was under attack so dove aside and caught the two of them in compulsion. Then Shadar Haren did his weird shield thing on Graendal and instructed her to go to Moridin. Graendal went.

Wow. Thanks for putting in clear for me Luckers.

The only thing that still bugs me though...Moggy had to channel to turn out the lights, right??? I still think it was a it uncharacteristic - and very dangerous - to channel around Graendal in that situation in Graen's lair. JMO.

Fish

Archived