DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragonmount 8.0 is coming! (All Read!)

JenniferL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have the internet bookmarked directly to the forums; will you guys post the new link in the News Section while the site is Read Only?

and, i think i asked this before, but might as well ask it here as well ...

i can't use things like Facespace & Mybook at work, will we still have the option to only use our log in info we have now?

The URL to the old forums will stay the same, I think. We're going to use a different directory this time. Either way, we'll make sure you can access it.

And the forums are still going to be usuable after the 10th. They'll be up and running and everything. We're just not moving those posts.

Yes, you'll be able to use your regular log in for the new site. Facebook and Twitter are optional.

Yeah, there will be a little icon on each post that you can use to share it with your social networking sites. Software that allowed us to do that was a BIG priority in the development process. As much as people complain, these social networks are becoming a fundamental part of how people use the internet and we need to be a part of that if we want to continue to grow.

So, if during the 'non-save' era of the boards, I were to come in here and post a bunch of shock pics, scat, etc. and curse up a storm and got my account banned, would that ban carry over to the shiny new boards?

;)  :P

just kidding.  I can't wait to see em, but fwiw, I like this board software and the color scheme.

What bb software will you be using?  Still SMF?  I've always been a fan of phpBB as far as open-source goes, but UBB Threads is my favorite over all.  Some of the best, cleanest, and fastest forums I have visited and helped manage were UBB Thread.

If we have to ban someone during the transition, we'll manually move it over.

Color scheme will be pretty similiar to this one, don't worry. As for software, we've purchased a license for InvisionPro Forums and InvisionPro Content.

Guest BaLefireP

Color scheme will be pretty similiar to this one.

Thank God!

*wipes sweat off brow*

I was hoping it would at least be close to this one, it is one of the thing I love the most about this site. I mean Green or Blue or maybe even Yellow would just be WRONG!

As for software, we've purchased a license for InvisionPro Forums and InvisionPro Content.

So you aren't going to shift the many Wordpress blogs you have over to Invision's Blog product / the Gallery over to their Gallery product?

Interesting... What lead to that decision? Surely a higher degree of integration is what you were going for?

If I link my facebook account to my forum account will everybody be able to see my facebook account?

Kinda. It depends on your privacy settings and whether or not you use the FB tools integrated into the site. If you don't want us to see your profile at ALL (and I understand this, because I'm careful about my FB profile too) then don't link your account to this site and don't use the FB buttons in the threads and articles posted. Privacy on Facebook is much, much more complicated than it needs to be, so I can't give you a firm answer.

As for software, we've purchased a license for InvisionPro Forums and InvisionPro Content.

So you aren't going to shift the many Wordpress blogs you have over to Invision's Blog product / the Gallery over to their Gallery product?

Interesting... What lead to that decision? Surely a higher degree of integration is what you were going for?

IP Content will host all our blogs and the Gallery, as well as integrate with the forums. It'll be even more seamless than if we'd bought IP Blog and IP Gallery separately. There are also some features in it that we like.

:o

*TACKLEHUGS Kathana* :D

Sweet! Sounds great!

Any mafia players...mod should back up games by copy pasting posts to a word pad.

Or any OL, Staff or whoever wants to preserve posts in any board.

Well, unless someone else has a better idea. :P

Actually, mafia mods would be smart to hold off from starting games until after the conversion.  If you're already running - take a break.

Archived