DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragonmount 8.0 is coming! (All Read!)

JenniferL

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the rumors are true. DM 8.0 is going to launch sooner, rather than later. 8.0 will include a full site redesign, new forum software, new blogging software and new gallery software. You will have ONE login that you will use for the entire site and you'll have the option of using your Facebook or Twitter credentials to login.

We're going to be launching the new site in time for Dragon*Con, which takes place Sept. 3-6. That will also be the weekend the live action TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT trailer premiere. We'll probably be doing some fun contests on the site that those of you not attending the convention will be able to participate in and have a chance to win some cool Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson swag.

What does this mean for you, the average forum dweller?

We're going to be transferring over ALL of the forum accounts, posts, PMs, etc. that are made on or before AUGUST 10!! After that, we'll be closing the forums to new registrations. The actual forums will remain open until the launch of the new site. But those conversations will not be transferred over. We will keep the old forums online, in read only mode, for two weeks after the launch. After that, they go away forever.

Are there any questions I can answer? I don't know all the specifics, because I'm pretty wrapped up in the FAQ right now. But I can get answers for you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o

*TACKLEHUGS Kathana* :D

Sweet! Sounds great!

Any mafia players...mod should back up games by copy pasting posts to a word pad.

Or any OL, Staff or whoever wants to preserve posts in any board.

Well, unless someone else has a better idea. :P

:o

*TACKLEHUGS Kathana* :D

Sweet! Sounds great!

Any mafia players...mod should back up games by copy pasting posts to a word pad.

Or any OL, Staff or whoever wants to preserve posts in any board.

Well, unless someone else has a better idea. :P

Yes, anything you need on the boards will need to be copied and pasted.

I don't understand the question. Are you asking if you can change the name you registered with?

The name I login with now is Loreina, could I change that with the advent of the new boards? If so, when would I need to do that?

Ah, gotcha. Something about your phrasing before was confusing.

We don't, as a general rule, allow established members to change their handles. If you feel like you have a compelling reason ("I'm bored" isn't compelling), PM an Admin and we'll talk.

Archived