DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Apologies.

Durinax

I started this to see who you would most like to see apologize to whom, please explain why also, and keep it to one pair of people to make posts shorter!

I think that Rand needs to apologize to Rhuarc the most in the entire series. Rhuarc has been a close friend and advisor, respectful and treating him as an equal and great respect. But rand has treated him and aiel as a hammer to hit the enemy with without consequence, disrespecting them and so on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, as well as apologizing to Dobraine; love that guy, so loyal and Rand is a jerk to him.

Egwene owes Mat the biggest apology in my mind, but of course she won't because she's Aes Sedai and walks on water.  First for the rescue in Tear and second for manipulating him and telling him nothing in typical Aes Sedai fashion.

Egwene owes Mat the biggest apology in my mind, but of course she won't because she's Aes Sedai and walks on water.  First for the rescue in Tear and second for manipulating him and telling him nothing in typical Aes Sedai fashion.

Egwene owes everyone an apology. For not dying on the road to Baerlon.

;D ;)

I agree... I can't think of anyone that Rand's come in contact with that doesn't deserve an apology.  Especially poor Tam.  If Rand doesn't apologize to Tam in the next two books I'm going to find a way into Randland and smack him.

God we could have a whole book of people apologising!

Rand to most everyone.

Most everyone to Rand.

Gawyn wouldn't have time to eat or sleep for apologising.

Nor Egwene, either, for that matter.

Siuan - if she'd done the right thing the moment she took

that bloody fancy chair in Tar Valon, weeded out the Black

Ajah and put proper supports in place for Rand.... well,

we wouldn't have had much to read.

I like these kinds of threads alot.

Alot of the stuff involving Mat and Rand are obvious.

I would say one SPECIFIC one is Rand to Hurin ... Man, that scene is TGS just about ripped my heart to shreds, lol - Brutal - Poor Hurin :(

I would like to see Joline apologize to Mat a bit.

Fail needs to apologize to Perrin for..................ruining his life.

- Fish

I agree... I can't think of anyone that Rand's come in contact with that doesn't deserve an apology.  Especially poor Tam.  If Rand doesn't apologize to Tam in the next two books I'm going to find a way into Randland and smack him.

I'm not so sure Rand needs to apologize to Tam. Tam seems to understand that Rand is really messed up and not thinking straight. Things might work out with just a good old fashioned awkward silence.

I'm not so sure Rand needs to apologize to Tam. Tam seems to understand that Rand is really messed up and not thinking straight. Things might work out with just a good old fashioned awkward silence.

Yeah, if anything, I imagine the next meeting between them will be Rand looking sheepish, and Tam just pretending it never happened, and saying, "It's good to see you again, son."

I agree... I can't think of anyone that Rand's come in contact with that doesn't deserve an apology.  Especially poor Tam.  If Rand doesn't apologize to Tam in the next two books I'm going to find a way into Randland and smack him.

Yeah, if anything, I imagine the next meeting between them will be Rand looking sheepish, and Tam just pretending it never happened, and saying, "It's good to see you again, son."

I think it's going to be a 'prodigal son' moment.

But as for Rand apologising to everyone who's been around him recently.. I'm not so sure. Remember, his madness has been getting steadily worse, so he can't exactly said to have been entirely responsible for his actions. That's what madness is, after all. He should express his regrets for what's been happening, certainly, but that's all that's required, I think.

Nynaeve need to apologise to pretty much anyone shes ever talked to.

I think she's one of the few with a pretty good heart in the books, because she basically only wants to protect her friends from the two rivers most of the time. She's got a temper, and she hates admitting failures, but that's about it. No reason to apologize to anybody, except Mat for not honouring the rescue (but she already did apologize - in a quite funny way after being pressured by Birgitta).

Elayne - needs to apologize, and come crawling on her knees while doing so, to Rand.

Caemlyn was taken by a frakkin Forsaken because her stupid mummy was in heat.

When she hears about Rand wanting to "give her Caemlyn", her nose is up higher than ever, claiming that Caemlyn is rightfully her's anyway, and nobody needs to give it to her. YEAH, but there's no way this brat could have disposed Rahvin herself.

So she simpy rides into the abandoned palace, but there's no need to say "thanks", sure.

She's a complete joke as a ruler anyway. The whole story about the battle of Caemlyn makes me wanna roll my eyes constantly.

First she wonders how to extract money from the citizens, then she sells out Andor to the international banking cabal, because she has no clue about monetary reform :) I wont even go into the laughable battle itself and the various ludicrous sidestories like getting captured by the black Ajah, which reads much like a repetition of Rand's capture. RJ sure was out of good ideas at this point.

And she needs to apologize to Mat of course!

I mean, if I were Mat, and somebody ever called me "my loyal subject", I'd personally start a Revolution and install a constitutional republic!

Im not sure Rand does need to apologise to Hurin.

I mean, yeah, when it happened i was pretty sad, but think of it from Rand's angle.

He wants to meet the Borderlanders who have been sneaking round, come down from the Blightborder they are sword to protect with 200,000 soliders, and instead of meeting, they send one guy, the one that knows Rand the most.

That would be suspicious to me. He had a right to question him, anyone could bbe posing as Hurin. Anyone forgetting what happened with Semirhage?

Remember, while we may be sure its Hurin, Rand doesnt.

Secondly, Hurin tells him of the meeting, wanting Rand to go into Far Madding, a stedding like place under the guardians, where, convinently, he cant channel.

Remembering the box, of course he is going to be bloody annoyed, it just happens that Hurin was on the end of it, i feel sorry for him, but he got what was comming to him.

As for who should be apologising.

Egwene to almost everyone, especially Mat, the AS she forced to swear oath to her, RanSome d for failing in everything concerning him, Moiraine, for not looking after Rand like she was supposed to. Nynaeve and Elayne, for some reason im sure.

Rand to Rhuarc definitely. Also, as much as it may gall some people, Cadsuane aswell. Dobraine and Darlin thrown in there. Nynaeve also.

Perrin neesd to apologise to Rand for wasting 4 books doing nothing, then failing to do what he was asked anyway (althouhg it came out alright, thers no leader to the Dragonsworn.)

Moridin should apologise to Rand on principle.

Also, Demandred should apologise for not turning up and causign hell in the book.

Caemlyn was taken by a frakkin Forsaken because her stupid mummy was in heat.

Uuummmm... I'm not entirely sure you grasp the implications of Compulsion on Morgase?  I mean, blaming the victim happens to everyone once in awhile, but Morgase is the most abused character in the entire series.  Most of your points stand alone, but this one is a little off-base, I'd say...

Egwene to almost everyone, especially Mat, the AS she forced to swear oath to her, RanSome d for failing in everything concerning him, Moiraine, for not looking after Rand like she was supposed to. Nynaeve and Elayne, for some reason im sure.

Yup.  And to answer Nynaeve and Elayne, she bullied both of them in Tel'aran'rhiod just to cover her own lies.  That deserves a bit of apology, I'd say.

I really don't understand why everyone wants Rand to apologise to Hurin.. what did he do that was so cruel?  He handled him with the Power?  Well Rand did show up expecting to be meeting the rulers of the 4 northern nations who abandoned their posts of protecting the world from the Shadow, to go play games in the south, only to find they sent a lone thief-taker to parley with the Dragon Reborn?..

Rand has been driven to a lot of his actions by an ungrateful world, a world full of schemers and scavangers.  Personally one of the highlights of The Gathering Storm for me was when "Dark Rand" informed Cadsuane in how she was but a child to he who was thousands of years her senior.  For me it highlighte how for the most part people have treated him, as a mudfooted farmer, not giving any thought to the possibility that he knows what he is doing to a greater extent than most of them.  And even when he has been wrong in some things, those around him have not helped at all.

If you are not with the Dragon Reborn, you are against him.  Now, to be with the Dragon Reborn does not mean you need to lick his boots.  You can give him honest advice and oppose him when you believe he is going the wrong way, but to activley work against him is another matter, especially when done so for the interests of other groups and not in his interests and the interests of the world its self.

@ jonpaul and barid: It's not the fact that he doubted Hurin: that's understandable. It's the fact that he was really rude to him. Not Hurin's fault the leaders are a pack of feckless wasters. 'Don't shoot the messenger, etc etc.

And also, I def agree that Dem owes us all. I'll take my apology in the form of raising seven levels of mayhem in ToM, though.

Archived